How Would A Demon Gain Karma?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I have searched but can't find this one... if you don't gain positive karma for killing a demon, and you can't gain it killing good or neutral players (for obvious reasons) how would a demon wanting to become "good" gain karma?

Z

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I found that in Official Fractured Wiki : "Demons are born with a strongly negative Karma – and they can’t make it better on their home planet. Therefore, as you create a new Demon, you’re restricted to an Evil alignment. When resting on other planets instead, you can gain Karma to the point you can set your character as Neutral too. Eventually, once your Karma is sufficiently high, you can start walking the path that will lead your Demon to reach its Redeemed form – the Angel."

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@cpinpon Ok, thanks... so maybe travel, rest, travel back... I guess we'll see. 🙂

Z

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

The redemption motif is going to be pursued naturally. I'm curious about the fallen hero motif as well through. I want to see how fast I can make an abomination. I can't see it being too easy either at this point as you can't kill Demons to lose Karma (in fact that gains Karma) and you can only really kill "good" characters, but since you can't PVP save for going to Tartaros, the only option you seem to have is to gank "good" players going to Tartaros to PVP themselves it seems.

• Wiki Editor

Transformation is not suppose to be easy task. Few things i would mention: an Evil player doesn’t gain Karma by killing Evil creatures. If you want to raise your Karma, temple offerings, divine quests. There will be whole divine chain quest from Tyros for demons who wants to become angels so that is the way to go.

Depending on your Alignment and that of your victim; attacking, knocking unconscious, looting or executing a player triggers a Karma gain or loss. Depending on YOUR alignment probably means you don't get karma for killing evil players as evil player.

• @th3mistocles
    Usually, it is a lot easier/faster to lose karma than to gain it. Neutral+ characters can roam with a group on the human planet and gank anyone they see.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Razvan oh gee, that sounds like so much fun. Not...

• @BlueGoblin
    Regardless of either you find ganking fun or not, in all the games I played so far it's a lot faster to change karma that way than doing quests or farming.

• Community Manager

@th3mistocles You can also PvP on Syndesia. That's likely where most of the converting is going to happen. 😉

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Razvan said in How Would A Demon Gain Karma?:

(...)Usually, it is a lot easier/faster to lose karma than to gain it(...)

The question would be, if it's easy to transfer towards one extreme and difficult for the other, where would be the balance? And there should be balance in a game (at least some sort of balance, it doesn't have to mean 'equal').

• @Logain
    I would like to hear your argument as to why should there be a balance between gaining and losing karma.

The whole point of the system is to tell people: you're allowed to do negative actions (force pvp on others and steal their stuff), but you'll be penalized for that. To my understanding, the planet we can live on depends on our alignments. If we gain the same amount of karma in 2h of farming as we get from 2h of ganking, then the human planet is kind of pointless.

Look at these degenerates, wanting to dilute their pure form already before the game even begun. tsk tsk.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Two other ways to change karma are Temple Offerings and Divine Quests.

"A Temple Offering is a monetary donation that can be performed once a day in the home of one of the Gods of Fractured.

Temple offerings are an effective – albeit expensive – way to change your Karma towards that of the God you’re donating to. Offerings given to Elysium, Tyros and Nelena have a positive effect on your Karma, while money pledged to the dreadful Babilis cause a heavy Karma loss. Donations to Neutral Gods such as Iridia and Galvanos instead have no impact on your moral stance.

Other than (possibly) changing your Karma, a Temple Offering increases the favor of the God towards you. If high enough, you might even get bestowed a Divine Blessing, or assigned a Divine Quest to carry out!"

and

"Divine Quests are missions obtained at shrines and temples that must be completed by anyone who wishes to become the Champion of a God. Fulfilling them triggers changes to your Karma, pushing it towards the Alignment of the God in question.

By becoming the Champion of a God, you are granted a unique blessing in the form of a permanent status effect, plus the chance to use one or more Divine Abilities that don’t have to be memorized. The number and power of said abilities depend on the deity’s favor towards you and how well your current Karma matches the God’s one."

From the Design Journal on PVP, Alignment, and Crime posted here

• This post is deleted!

When transforming from one type to another do you lose all characteristics of that type when you transfer? So saying you are a demon with certain skill/stat traits when you become transformed do you gain the new traits?

• @Zori
    To be fair, it's not only about roleplay. For example, if you want to minmax a nuker, you'd probably pick deer-kin, since they have the best stats distribution.

@Razvan said in How Would A Demon Gain Karma?:

(...)I would like to hear your argument as to why should there be a balance between gaining and losing karma(...)

I think you misunderstood my point. I agree with you on what Karma is and should do, but since Beastman need to gain negative Karma (easy, just go and kill 'good' people), and Demons need to gain positive Karma (can't just go and kill 'bad' people) in order to transform, there needs to be some form of balance mechanics to mitigate the additional difficulty for a Demon to transfer.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I hadn't actually seen much about Beastmen and negative karma.

I'd love it if there was a possibility of becoming some form of corrupted beastman, similar to the Daemon > Angel path.

I think that would also help balance out the players who are interested in the whole fall/redemption aspects.

• Wiki Editor

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured