The city/residential area system is completely new for this latest Alpha test, and maybe it would be easier on Prometheus if we tried to gather all the feedback in one thread instead of each individually posting a new thread. Anyway, I'm a vice governor so I'd like to make a couple points first and hopefully others like @Alexian @Shivashanti @Ostaff @Dreamcraftwd @Rife @Jahlon @Kralith @Xzait will also chime in.
My main issues with the system so far is:
- Residents are counted towards rank up, but citizens don't seem to matter at all. # of citizens should count towards prestige or something, instead of being a dead number. Cities should want to gather more citizens as well as residents.
- Residents don't risk anything at all if the city is sieged. Only the citizens who have plots within the city walls would be risking their homes. Meanwhile the residents get to enjoy all the benefits of the city's research without having to care about anything when siege comes. The extra bonus of being able to craft at city crafting stations doesn't outweigh the work of being a citizen. If a city has set permissions to both citizens and residents, then the citizens don't get any extra bonus at all and meanwhile have all the work of having to care about city upkeep and defense.
- The city squares are TOO small! xD
- Prestige is currently "broken"
- We need a little bit more control over residential areas/being able to log residents.
- Having some type of citizen & residents communication board or chat would be ideal.
- The tech tree- is it intended to only begin getting 1 research point instead of 2 at the village level? Of course this will lead to cities specializing in certain things, but then having the market locked behind research as well discourages cities from wanting to spend those precious points on it.
- Some type of symbol indicator (like the militia symbol status or the young player status) to tell resident accounts apart from random players. I say accounts because often we don't even know the outside residents at all and then can end up attacking them or their alts.
Okay I'm done for now someone else add their feedback =P