Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@BellumLee said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

so town changes i when i bought i was under the impression it would be guild based and not vote based

There should be a news section and I think a spotlight post about it. I'm on mobile and at an apartment without internet or I'd link it.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Salve @Prometheus, grazie mille per le spiegazioni 🙂
    Thanks for the explanations and for the roadmoad.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Nice, keeping up the good work i see, thanks for working so hard in this trying times 🎉

• DymStudios - CEO

@Jetah I clarified to @BellumLee via email that Governors can choose an authoritarian rule and not be subject to elections. Also, the process mentioned in the roadmap to claim an unclaimed city doesn't include an election - it's just a way to assign the city to the first group that's large enough to claim it.

want to +1 the idea of respawn at the temple of a toon's relevant deity. Not all players will be interested in the religious aspect of the game, so having a choice btw the nearest tavern and our toon's god would be great. Thanks, @Prometheus for responding positively to this suggestion!

Having to recover your items from your body sounds frustrating as a solo player. Step 1: Die to a strong enemy Step 2: go all the way back to your body. Step 3: Return to Step 1.

well if you have to recover your body you need to think twice before engaging an enemy and plan what to do.
    I find it to be part of the challange 🙂
    Challanges are more interesting than being able to run into any enemy expecting victory at all times.

• Great update, I'm really excited to see some city planning. The political feature is a refreshing dynamic to have in a game like this.

Really excited for stack splitting next test, I look forward to messing with enchanting more in the next phase.

@Psymantis said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

Having to recover your items from your body sounds frustrating as a solo player(...)

As @Mudz mentioned it at least adds a minimum amount of challenge, but even if you fail at recovering your items, unless you have a fully enchanted set, it should take less than 10 minutes to simply craft the same items again? You likely would even have a replacement set ready in your local bank account, as it is currently rather easy to craft the same set twice or thrice instead of once (ingredients are rather easy to gather).

@Phylosophys said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

Hi @Xanowrath,

When I said that a player should be respawned in the "closest temple" it was to put everything into context and make it feel more RPG like if there was a in game kind of reason for ressurecting, like: a new life granted by the Syndesia goddess Iridia, goddess of fortune and mother of all humans.

It does not necessarily has to be the "closest temple", it can be a temple from the choice of the player, or the temple from the last city visited, etc.

By the way, about the system "where you just became a ghost when you dies and had to find a way to get a res from a shine or kind healer", why not have both? First you become a ghost for a given amount of time, lets say 60 seconds, so that you can have a chance of being ressurected by a shrine priest or healer, and then if you fail, after the set amount of time you get respawned in a temple?

Regards.

As there is not much actual lore in-game, I love every idea that adds elements like this and more immersion to the game. Thanks for this!

Inb4 we start seeing churches (temples) that besides a prayer (and respawn) also offer hamburgers, ale and games of chance. 😉

Taverns will kinda loose on weight if they aren't able to be set as spawn points anymore. Or, alternatively, people will just tend to build taverns close to temples.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Gothix, like any respectable small city, they should have a tavern, a pharmacy, a church and a brothel all around the same square 🙂

Now, talking seriously, I think that even if respaw is moved set to be the temple, the tavern can still have its points of interested. All depend on how the game devs balance the utility of such places.

@Logain said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

@Psymantis said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

Having to recover your items from your body sounds frustrating as a solo player(...)

As @Mudz mentioned it at least adds a minimum amount of challenge, but even if you fail at recovering your items, unless you have a fully enchanted set, it should take less than 10 minutes to simply craft the same items again? You likely would even have a replacement set ready in your local bank account, as it is currently rather easy to craft the same set twice or thrice instead of once (ingredients are rather easy to gather).

Cool, I was looking at it from the perspective of other games where it's not so easy to re-equip.

Plus I got lost when playing the alpha and had an enemy bear camp my recovering body. It took a while before I was far enough away to escape. Then I met a bunch of wisps and treants while trying to find my way back and it was even worse than the bear. Eventually I was teleported back to the starting area but it bugged out and I couldn't move. The UI and game then bugged out when I tried to switch characters to fix it. It reminds me of the early days of World of Warcraft. 😜

@Psymantis - I empathize with your desire to play solo, even as I recognize that in most worlds there are LOTS of situations that are ridiculous to attempt on one's own. The fact that danger is inherent in the solitary life is why most folks live in groups.

I'm an odd duck irl - introverted and unable to filter properly for the kind of social popularity that most people seek. In game, I'll have some of the same choices to make as irl - do I put up with other people for safety's sake? Or lose a bunch of loot because a bear got me while I was exploring all by my lonesome? Up to you, pal!

Some folks in this forum want things to be as realistic as possible and argue endlessly about what things are REALLY LIKE irl - others want a game experience tailored to their preferences even if it creates an unrealistic world.

I'm just gonna play things as they lay. As long as all the toons have the same challenges, it's part of the game I'm playing, and I can choose to play or to find another game more to my liking.

• Finally the cities!
    PS: I'm not very fast i know :3

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Any news on improve mele combat?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I hope the city tests will last longer than a weekend. You need time to build and manage things.

• Wiki Editor

@KirwinHansel said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

I hope the city tests will last longer than a weekend. You need time to build and manage things.

Don't worry it will.
    The Open Play Test Weekend was just the final test of Alpha2.2, the "real" test was last month and it was going for around 3-4 weeks.
    I am expecting longer test periods with each Phase, since we will have to do more and more.

• @Kralith Seeing as we're already more than halfway through June, might I ask when Test 3 might begin this month? Or is it delayed?

I'm a streamer that got access through an Xsolla program you guys had, so I'm asking so I can plan streaming Test 3. 🙂

• Community Manager

@Charem They're still trying to make it happen in the last week of June but it might get postponed to early July. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured