Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone!

Alpha 2 - Test 2 is ending on Sunday, April 26 (yes, that’s official now!), and we are already looking forward to the next testing phase...

...which is coming in June already!

Read the roadmap

Note: planning your city? Looking for a city to live in? Head to the dedicated forum section! There's a map of upcoming cities on Myr, too!

Enjoy and stay tuned, because there’s a handful of other exciting news coming in the next few weeks!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Just fyi you've said July 26th here and April 26th in the roadmap post. I'm guessing April's the correct one if the next test is in June tho.

• DymStudios - CEO

@kokokat06 said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

Just fyi you've said July 26th here and April 26th in the roadmap post. I'm guessing April's the correct one if the next test is in June tho.

Wups, fixed. Thanks πŸ™‚

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Prometheus No problem ^.^
    The roadmap's looking good, much hype for the new stuff getting added~

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

OMG, I am really looking forward to this update.
    Guys, you are doing really good job and i am glad i supported you (just a little) in your awesome work !
    Everything looks really good in this upcoming test. I hope this game will be success, big success ! πŸ™‚
    I hope races will be tested this year ! πŸ˜›

can't wait for it already πŸ˜„

Interesting indeed. Looks like a lot of new fun parts of the game to try out πŸ™‚
    Nice work!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

so town changes i when i bought i was under the impression it would be guild based and not vote based

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Salve, @Prometheus,

Reading the Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3, when explaning about Player Death, you said that: "after death, you’ll be able to choose to resurrect at home or at the last tavern you rested in" and explained that "this makes paying a visit to the closest town a key step when exploring a new area".

I understand the "playing a visit to the closest city" need, but thinking about the lore/storytelling and knowing that each planet has one or more deities, given the possibility of building temples and churchs for such deities, why not make the respaw location the closest temple or church? I mean, each city should/may have a temple and you could also scatter other temples around the maps. Besides, these being sacred places, they could even have other uses.

Just wondering, from the lore point of view, respawing in the house or the last visited tavern is kind of dry. I think that telling that a player is granted a new life by the grace of one of the deities gives a better RPG feeling.

Ciao.

• Content Creator

I am completely excited about this news. Can't wait for June to come now and you all have been doing the best to keep to the road map. I very much appreciate the effort with how the world is affected now. Keep up the great work and stay safe!!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Phylosophys I would rather respawn at a location I have been to and should know how to get back to where I am then some new location I may have never been to and using the map to try to find where I died WoW style. Honetly I was hopeing for a more UO system where you just became a ghost when you dies and had to find a way to get a res from a shine or kind healer. Made palying a healer much more satisfying.

• Wiki Editor

Ohhh i like these Roadmap much.
    We will get so much stuff... hope the time will run fast till June πŸ˜‰

I like the new House Design, very curious how many different house designs the game will have with Release start.

Beside Town Stuff, i am looking to the Talent Tree with a special look to.
    I am very concerned about the variety of the Talent Tree. I mean, not concerned in a bad way, just this small thing of fear it could be to stiff.
    Hope you guys don't give me any reason for a disappointment πŸ˜‰

To bring up these QoL features was very important, that will improve the handling of the game in a huge step.
    πŸ‘

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Roadmap's looking good! Perfect balance between ambitious development, but keeping it realistically deliverable in the timeframe.

Looking forward to June! 😁

Outstanding. Love the direction things are going.

NICE update!

To not go into writing a wall of text, let me just say in short how everything posted here looks amazing!
    The more the game is getting closer to release, it looks better and better!

God job! Can't wait to see what more is coming! πŸ™‚

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Hi @Xanowrath,

When I said that a player should be respawned in the "closest temple" it was to put everything into context and make it feel more RPG like if there was a in game kind of reason for ressurecting, like: a new life granted by the Syndesia goddess Iridia, goddess of fortune and mother of all humans.

It does not necessarily has to be the "closest temple", it can be a temple from the choice of the player, or the temple from the last city visited, etc.

By the way, about the system "where you just became a ghost when you dies and had to find a way to get a res from a shine or kind healer", why not have both? First you become a ghost for a given amount of time, lets say 60 seconds, so that you can have a chance of being ressurected by a shrine priest or healer, and then if you fail, after the set amount of time you get respawned in a temple?

Regards.

Very nice indeed. Keep up the great work and stay safe!

oh thats only a short windows for your work time there πŸ˜„

Thanks for the update and roadmap!
    I am looking forward to most of the changes since they should have plenty of influence on how the game feels, we're getting closer and closer to a grasp on how the final product might look like.
    Great work!

• DymStudios - CEO

@Phylosophys said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

I understand the "playing a visit to the closest city" need, but thinking about the lore/storytelling and knowing that each planet has one or more deities, given the possibility of building temples and churchs for such deities, why not make the respaw location the closest temple or church?

That's a pretty nice idea. Once we implement temples and religions, we may very well move the functionality to the temple altar instead of the tavern fireplace πŸ™‚

@Xanowrath said in Roadmap To Alpha 2 - Test 3:

@Phylosophys I would rather respawn at a location I have been to and should know how to get back to where I am then some new location I may have never been to and using the map to try to find where I died WoW style. Honetly I was hopeing for a more UO system where you just became a ghost when you dies and had to find a way to get a res from a shine or kind healer. Made palying a healer much more satisfying.

Even if we move the respawn point from a town tavern to a town temple as suggested by @Phylosophys above, it's always going to be a choice to rebind your spawn point at a specific temple - you won't get just sent to the closest one. Also, it will be possible to be resurrected by an ally within a short time window after death if the ally has the Resurrection spell - but you won't be able to move around like UO πŸ™‚

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured