This game is a potential PVE gold mine

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I looked a long, long time for a new game that felt PVE friendly after getting bored with D3:ROS. Every single game coming out with a PVE component seemed to fall into one of the following groups:

• Yet Another Theme Park
    • A Brad McQuaid inspired "You Need a 20-Man Group to go Pick Flowers"
    • Another ARPG
    • Yeah, We've got PVE in our game. You'll have to put up with being attacked constantly in our OWPVP environment.

I was overjoyed to find Fractured since I'll FINALLY have a PVE experience in a completely different type of game...a PVE experience that won't involve being constantly attacked while I'm trying to explore and gather. I am positive that I'm not the only one out there that has been dying to find a good PVE experience in a game that isn't just a clone. One in which it's easy to PVP by going to other worlds, but in which PVP is completely my choice.

Let's face it:

• Syndesia will be competing with Ashes of Creation for players
    • Tartaros will be competing with Crowfall for players
    • Arboreus will be competing with ...... no one.

Unless the new Diablo projects are something completely different than anyone is expecting, Fractured will be the only MMO releasing in the next few years that is both completely different and has a dedicated PVE environment.

I hope the word gets out. I really expect a LOT of completely bored PVE players to come out of the woodwork if it does.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Needlehawk

I'm definitely going to be living on Arboreus, though who knows, some time on Syndesia may beckon me as well depending on a number of factors.

I'd like the word to get out too! It seems this game is still a bit under the radar. I'd like for a lot more people to find out about it, and for a lot more people to back it as well since that will give us more content.

I'd love to see them get a big cash infusion that would push a lot more development even if that did mean major delays while it was done.

This game has so many cool things planned, I guess we need to help their voice be heard over the loads of garbage floating around out there.

Anyway I'm here mostly for the PvE as well. I have seen a few other attempts at it that haven't really been executed well at all. I'm really hoping this game is going to be the one that ends up changing all that.

I'm already supporting it but hope to be able to raise my backer status up some tiers in time. I can't wait, but I'm willing to wait.

• @needlehawk
    Well it have to be really big and really polished to be a gold mine. Maybe in the feauture it will be that as in UO you can go take down Dragons and Acients in Destard, undead at Deceit catacombs ecc. Maybe here there will be some peculiar and dangerous spot too. But most game just became generic pve and worlds and in the long run you will be oversatured about that kind of pve. I wish too that it will have a good and strong PvE content.. but for my point of view is not happening in these early phases.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Not too sure about the game being a PvE goldmine, mainly for the reason that the dungeons and raids are not instanced. And for certain resources and scrolls to learn new skills, you will need to travel to other areas outside of the "save" Arboreus.

ya, this seems a small change but it has a lot of effect.
    to change the PVE from "something you do just to make the server more lively and in order for PVPer to kill you" with a "risk for reward" attitude to "PVE are equal but different to PVP" with "PVE rewards will be big and small as in PVP, but just different" attitude, was smart from the developer.

• Wiki Editor

I think it will not just be a PVE gold mine.
    Never underestimate the case of Politics, Sieges and fights.
    I expect an very detailled PVP, not just on Tartaros or Syndesia.
    Surely at Arboreus there will be not much PVP fights, but we will get political fights at free towns.
    Alone that will be very interesting and thrilling.
    The world will get filled with backstabbers. And nobody will be safe, maybe not even in a guild driven town.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Don't forget demons can try to raid Arboreus, as they can't stay a lot ^^ After, it will all depend of the players, maybe, if they know they can't be harmed, they will be more sneaky ^^

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@esher yup. and I imagine some areas on Arboreus will be more or less prone to different sorts of pvp - for example, if you can only Gate into certain points, then Demons can only raid into certain areas, due to their time limit. Which will probably limit the amount of Real Politicks going on - Do you want to own a town that is constantly under demon siege? more likely, you'd rather chip in a bit to keep them away from your own homestead, if at all possible.

the farther you go from such a landing zone, the more backstabbery you'd get into, because it would become safer to denude your town of defenders to go reave someone else's place for a bit. XD

Demon raids on Arboreus will happen, but they will mostly be connected with grinding Arboreus unique resources, and not with mindlessly killing players.

Of course PvP will happen if beasts decide to defend their resources, but if they just withdraw to "safe zone" while demons are there, demons will likely not follow because 1. they are as good as dead in "safe zone" 2. they have very limited time on Arboreus, and they need resources from there, and their limited time there is their best way to get them (trade may be other way, but I doubt beasts will trade their resources cheap to help demons out).

So when invasions on Arboreus do happen you can be sure that most of demons will mostly spend this time to gather some Arboreus resources. And rest of PvP that happens will be small scale, and will mostly be connected with Beasts trying to prevent demons from harvesting there.

That's my prediction anyway.

• Depending on what you want out of PvE, you might find the Arboreus safe zones boring. The devs have mentioned demons likely wouldn't find safe zones interesting even if they could enter, which makes it sound like the primary thing to do in safe zones is gathering/farming type PvE. They've also said "resource gathering goes through PvE on Tartaros much more than in the other planets. And PvE can get really hard there, given the horrors that inhabit the planet", hinting that Tartaros PvE might actually be the most interesting for PvEers. The most interesting PvE on Arboreus will likely be outside of the safe zones, in which case you'll probably have competition from non-friendly players that will need to be there for the knowledge/resources.

@target i do not think your right, you keep the old set of mind that " risk vs rewards" the style AO gone with, and as we saw it was shit...
    as i understand all planets will have rare materials, and while you will have to fight for it on demon planet, in beast there will be no fighting, and since the eclipse will be somewhat rare event ( i think its once a week ?!?) i guess it will not be to farm resource.

@grofire the eclipse doesn't affect arboreus, just syndesia.

@cinnao true, i remembered that after i wrote it. so basically they have very rare accession to do it.

Devs have said that demons will have short time to remain on Arboreus, and opening a portal will require resources.

However, devs didn't say how often will demons be able to repeatedly travel to Arboreus, if they have resources ready to open portal again once they are kicked.

I'm not sure if there will be a cool down before you can go, or just sufficient amount of resources to open up a new portal, which is also possible.

@needlehawk

I disagree with Tartaros competing with Crowfall. Crowfall is setup so that the worlds die. Fractured's worlds don't die, they're persistent.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I'm leaning towards seeing the PvE-centric world as a way to break up the monotony of the ones involving PvP. Until we hear more about it I'm viewing this as a game that wants to focus on PvP with alternatives for when that wears you down.

Of course who the heck knows. Until we see some gameplay of it it's hard to say exactly how it'll end up. We know what their plans are, but that can change I imagine.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Thanks everyone for weighing in! Obviously I disagree with a lot of the analysis here, but that's what discussions are for. 🙂 I'm not sure that I always understand the viewpoint of everyone here, but there's a few points that people are making that I'd like to address.

First, a few people seem to have the assumption that PVE'ers are looking mostly for dev created content, as well as raids and dungeons. I couldn't disagree more. I know that I am utterly sick of dev created content, and am REALLY looking forward to exploring, crafting, etc. in a world where I'm not on rails. I've been wanting to play a sandbox for a long time, but every single developer except this one apparently thinks that only PVP'ers want a sandbox. I LOATHE being attacked and interrupted when I'm trying to accomplish something in game, so I've simply avoided those game.

@TheRippyOne I'm not sure what you mean by "it would become safer to denude your town of defenders to go reave someone else's place for a bit." If you're in the safe zone in Arboreus, you won't need defenders because no one can attack. And you can't raid or siege on Arboreus at all. Sieges don't exist at all on Arboreus, and no one can raid you in the safe zone. Did you mean go off-world to siege or raid? I guess you could do that to an evil town in Syndesia, but I doubt many Beastmen will be doing that.

@Gothix I think you are 100% correct. In fact, if I found a demon trying to madly gather resources on Arboreus, I'd gladly show him/her where they were. Stuff is going to be abundant on Arboreus, so why not?

@Target The stuff you find boring, I love to do. 🙂 I doubt I'm the only one. Have you checked out the popularity of games like Stardew Valley? The thing that will make it interesting is town and guild interactions and player-made content, such as events and celebrations. Granted, if there is no way to make your town have it's own unique "flavor", then it might get boring after a while.

Interesting to see people always talking about Demons attacking Arboreus to PvP there.
    But there are also humans with less penalties to the amount of time they can spend on Arboreus or then those beastmen on the path to become evil. I think those 2 will be a bigger thread in Arboreus than the Demons will be.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@evolgrinz In factwe forget everytime humans ^^ But if a human or a beastman become evil, he will have the same penalties than demons. After, yes, they can be neutral and start to attack the others, but everybody will know it because he will be flagged as a murderer, and everybody will avoid him (I suppose ^^ )

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

It does seem more polarized most of the time with people either looking to play Beastmen or Demons. My main character will definitely be on Arboreus, but I probably will try out a Syndesia alt.

I don't really mind that I may have to go off world to get some stuff, or trade with people that do? I just want my main overall home experience to be PvE, and to mostly only deal with PvP on my terms when I'm ready. I can deal with it occasionally otherwise, just I don't want it to be an all the time looking over the shoulder thing.

@needlehawk said in This game is a potential PVE gold mine:

Thanks everyone for weighing in! Obviously I disagree with a lot of the analysis here, but that's what discussions are for. 🙂 I'm not sure that I always understand the viewpoint of everyone here, but there's a few points that people are making that I'd like to address.

First, a few people seem to have the assumption that PVE'ers are looking mostly for dev created content, as well as raids and dungeons. I couldn't disagree more. I know that I am utterly sick of dev created content, and am REALLY looking forward to exploring, crafting, etc. in a world where I'm not on rails. I've been wanting to play a sandbox for a long time, but every single developer except this one apparently thinks that only PVP'ers want a sandbox. I LOATHE being attacked and interrupted when I'm trying to accomplish something in game, so I've simply avoided those game.

Yes when I replied talking about how I agree and will love the PvE here, I wasn't thinking of Raids or Dungeons etc, I was thinking of being able to play an actual MMORPG Sandbox on a PvE world. A real MMORPG PvE sandbox, not one of the limited multiplayer ones that people host their own small worlds that are making the rounds now.

Arboreus is a potential PvE goldmine for people looking for a PvE sandbox experience. Some of those replying and disagreeing seem to be people who either don't like PvE that much to begin with or who think we're looking for a scripted raid experience, which isn't what either of us meant. I got what you were saying, because I'm looking for the same type of experience 😸

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured