I looked a long, long time for a new game that felt PVE friendly after getting bored with D3:ROS. Every single game coming out with a PVE component seemed to fall into one of the following groups:
- Yet Another Theme Park
- A Brad McQuaid inspired "You Need a 20-Man Group to go Pick Flowers"
- Another ARPG
- Yeah, We've got PVE in our game. You'll have to put up with being attacked constantly in our OWPVP environment.
I was overjoyed to find Fractured since I'll FINALLY have a PVE experience in a completely different type of game...a PVE experience that won't involve being constantly attacked while I'm trying to explore and gather. I am positive that I'm not the only one out there that has been dying to find a good PVE experience in a game that isn't just a clone. One in which it's easy to PVP by going to other worlds, but in which PVP is completely my choice.
Let's face it:
- Syndesia will be competing with Ashes of Creation for players
- Tartaros will be competing with Crowfall for players
- Arboreus will be competing with ...... no one.
Unless the new Diablo projects are something completely different than anyone is expecting, Fractured will be the only MMO releasing in the next few years that is both completely different and has a dedicated PVE environment.
I hope the word gets out. I really expect a LOT of completely bored PVE players to come out of the woodwork if it does.