The Potential City Problem.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Tuoni said in The Potential City Problem.:

@Gibbx said in The Potential City Problem.:

Perfect you and your awesome guild are already planning on how you can break the game and its only in alpha.

Actually one part of the testing is try to break the game so the issues can be addressed and fixed before the game goes live. Yeah it sounds bad, but it is better that someone does that during the test phases rather than when the game is already released.

Yeah i get that Alpha is testing mechanics and trying to break the game and that is fine. However the comments of the OP are concerning because they seem to include playing the actual game. Perhaps that is a misinterpretation on my part.

• Content Creator

@Nekrage said in The Potential City Problem.:

@Ostaff said in The Potential City Problem.:

As for multiple alts.. of course everyone will have multiple alts... that is the whole intention of the game.

Then it seems I am supporting the wrong game. I would love to hear that "alts are the main purpose of Fractured" from Prometheus himself.

@Nekrage said in The Potential City Problem.:

Perfect you and your awesome guild are already planning on how you can break the game and its only in alpha. And this is fun for you?

Yes. Being the best I can be is fun for me.

Intentionally looking for ways to utilize the game's systems for progression is a main goal for me. Whether it benefits me or not I want to see this specific issue resolved because I believe in Fractured.

You said early in this thread that perhaps you had backed the wrong game.

Please point out where I said that. I bet you can't because I never did.

See above

I am thinking now that as the game gains some recognition and grows that due to some of the people coming in that perhaps I have backed the wrong game. Yes there are indeed some troubling things happening in the Fractured-verse.

You attempted to insult me by claiming I made a statement(which I haven't) that you just made yourself....um ok.

Don't you have some furry community to type to instead?

I made no 'attempt' to insult you. If you see yourself reflected in my comments well then as they say if the shoe fits...

Happy gaming and please by all means enjoy 'being the best'

You misunderstand. I have no regrets "backing" Fractured. I am happy with the $1500+ I provided to this project and plan to give more because I believe in the project. There is a reason I am passionate about it.

And we will indeed enjoy being the best guild that Fractured has to offer as we have been in many MMOs in the past.

The news about raiding enemy cities aee very welcome 🙂

And in the meantime i guess we can assault enemy gatherers and take resources from their bags. 😉

@Gothix

That's the problem with them having their information so spread out and in Q&A Videos instead of in text. Prometheus talked about Raids a while back already, all of this information wasn't knew. It was already out there. But a lot of people don't know about it, cause it isn't really readily accessable.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

The OT city will be raided constantly. You will be defending more than attacking. tease 🙂

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Sativo I certainly hope so! That brings the PvP content in the PvP sandbox!

We live for the fighting ❤ That's why Fractured appeals to our guild!

Also thank you Prometheus for your responses in this thread!

• Content Creator

@Sativo Please make this an MMO with actual PvP.

Was a worlds first Rank 14 in Classic WoW then the PvP turned off. Obliterated the game for me.

I will not play an MMO where the PvP just...ends. Or you can accomplish all there is about PvP.

I for one am glad they optioned an area for those who do not wish to pvp. Alot of people said UO died when Trammel arrived. For me that is when the game began. I don't mind organized pvp such as factions and guild wars in UO. I participated in those and quite enjoyed them. What I detest is ganking, hitting people when they are pvming, and killing mules. For alot of players pvp is that style and to me that's just griefing. A test of pvp skills is when it is actually a challenge.

@Farlander Well Trammel did not ruin the game, it was actually very popular. Only those hardcore PvP fans claimed so because it kind of ruined the game from them. Trammel just showed what a lot of players really wanted, it was RP, PvE and consensual PvP.

• Wiki Editor

@Ostaff said in The Potential City Problem.:

@Gothix

That's the problem with them having their information so spread out and in Q&A Videos instead of in text. Prometheus talked about Raids a while back already, all of this information wasn't knew. It was already out there. But a lot of people don't know about it, cause it isn't really readily accessable.

I did transcripts of the latest 2 Q&As posted here and here to try and make them more accessible.

@kellewic said in The Potential City Problem.:

lem with them having their information so spread out and in Q&A Videos instead of

I saw, and I thank you for that 🙂

Having PvP ability is not only about being able to PvP when you want.

The major part is the danger that is always present. It creates completely different atmophsfere while playing. Even when you do not aim to PvP, you still need to watch what you are doing.

Even if you don't meet anyone at all for a good period of time, just the possibility that you could and that it might be dangerous, is what makes all the difference.

• Content Creator

@Gothix said in The Potential City Problem.:

The major part is the danger that is always present. It creates completely different atmophsfere while playing. Even when you do not aim to PvP, you still need to watch what you are doing.

Even if you don't meet anyone at all for a good period of time, just the possibility that you could and that it might be dangerous, is what makes all the difference.

+1

• Content Creator

@Gothix

That works for people who want to play PvP, but what about those players who don't want to be in a PvP environment? They get enough risk from Aggro mobs and don't need actual players to contend with as well. There are a lot of serious players out there who are seriously anti-PvP. I'm not anti-PvP, however, I am very much anti-Ganking and Spawn-Camping, and when you have a world that encourages that kind of PvP willy-nilly, it greatly lessens the game for a Huge portion of the player base. In general, PvPers are wildly outnumbers in games, so you would be catering to the smallest common denominator.

Yeah, the term "PvP" is often conflated with involuntary, lopsided, open-world, full-loot PvP.

For instance, World of Tanks is entirely PvP, no PvE (that I know of), but it also has the following characteristics:

• Voluntary
    • Not full loot
    • Attempts to reduce the skill/gear delta between opposing forces, and simply doesn't allow zerg-ganking

Despite those differences from open world, full loot PvP, however, World of Tanks could be extremely intense, and more PvP-per-minute than any open world MMO. WoT isn't about PvEing while wondering if a ganking party is going to chase you, or about being in a ganking party trying to jump a hugely-outnumbered gatherer.

What I've seen is that people coming into open world games saying they want "PvP" often just want lopsided, involuntary, full-loot griefing. As far as I'm concerned, that isn't real PvP.

@Gothix said in The Potential City Problem.:

That is actually what most of the players hate (or do not like that much) and why hardcore PvP games are a niche. I personally like more consensual PvP rather than playing in constant fear - stress - excitement - what ever athmosphere, therefore, that is why I will play mainly on Syndesia rather in Tartaros. I guess I represent the middle ground here and I am happy that Fractured offers three different playgrounds for different player types. Of course you can be ganked on Syndesia as well, but most likely much more rare, or at least that is where the restrictions aims for.

Yes, devs made really nice world design where every type of player can find a place that fits him.

This is what makes Fractured different than other MMOs and this will attract many different types of players to the game.

Why cater only to one type of crowd, when you can have multiple worlds and cater to everyone.

And imho people who would like to change every world to their own liking are just greedy and not worth paying attention to.

Fractured has a place for everyone and thats great! 🙂

I'm also glad they made it feel more like UO and have given us the different pvp mixes. I do feel it will be just like UO was and the demon world will be sparsely populated while the beast world is over crowded.

• I have seen in other "full loot" games like Albion that people that were saying "I like PVP" often were hunting in packs: 20 players against one isn't PVP for me, but hunting - especially if they attacked farmers...

I hope with this system the "PVP" players will meet more PVP oriented people and stop looking for easy targets.
    🙂

@FluffKugel said in The Potential City Problem.:

ing

That tends to be the way PvP is, Fluff. Even on the alpha tests here, you will see them roaming in large packs.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured