The Potential City Problem.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@FluffKugel said in The Potential City Problem.:

I have seen in other "full loot" games like Albion that people that were saying "I like PVP" often were hunting in packs: 20 players against one isn't PVP for me, but hunting - especially if they attacked farmers...
    I hope with this system the "PVP" players will meet more PVP oriented people and stop looking for easy targets.
    🙂

I agree that it is hard to call some situations PvP especially when someone gets outnumbered in the open world, ganked when gathering with gathering gear or farming PvE content with PvE build. These are situations where the prey has less to no chance to fight back and only possibility is try to escape.

I am very glad we have Tartaros, it does not change anything and people will be still ganked in unfair situations, however, those players who decides to play in Tartaros also accepts this kind behaviour and environment. Even I am going to play less on Tartaros myself, I am still very interested to see how savage the live there will eventually be when all the hardcore PvP players will clash with each other.

Remember if people go 20 to 1, they will also get only the 1/20th of the loot the guy was carrying. So they will not get very rich like that.

And wasting time like to hunt one person down, will just make you lag behind oteher players who are actually playing and progressing, because it will take long time to gather all the spells and new ranks of them. Enchants, gear etc. And you will not have gold for anything.

So yeah you can spend time to do 20 to 1, but eventually you will realize everyone is much more powerfull then you, cus they played, and you will end up being ganked yourself.

@Gothix said in The Potential City Problem.:

Remember if people go 20 to 1, they will also get only the 1/20th of the loot the guy was carrying. So they will not get very rich like that.

And wasting time like to hunt one person down, will just make you lag behind oteher players who are actually playing and progressing, because it will take long time to gather all the spells and new ranks of them. Enchants, gear etc. And you will not have gold for anything.

So yeah you can spend time to do 20 to 1, but eventually you will realize everyone is much more powerfull then you, cus they played, and you will end up being ganked yourself.

20 v 1 means, if that "1" has quality gear with high lvl enchants the 20 kill the 1 and gain the gear, do that 20 times ... surprise the whole gank team has quality gear with enchants.

Ganking as I have known it, is not always "random" but sometimes organised to serve a purpose, full loot PvP will promote ganking of solo's and small groups...... I'm in.

@Gothix You're saying the only reason people pvp is to get rich. I completely disagree with that statement. I saw many players who would kill my mule in UO simply because they could. Often I'd come back to find nothing gone and my horse dead beside me. For many pvp is just the thrill of killing other players. I would bet many of those gank groups thought they had a ton of fun running around killing for a couple of hours in that manner.

But still, if you only PvP, you will not progress your spells, so you will surely lag behind in that aspect, because learning all spells and their higher ranks will take loong time and will take a huge amount of PvE.

Players that PvE more will surely progress faster in that aspect. They will eventually be stronger and more versatille than players that only (or mostly only) PvPed.

Ganking is done for different reasons, for loot (and that way for money), political reasons (in a specific area) or just for pure fun. However, in Fractured where gear is generally cheap and easy to replace that might mean that ganking for loot can be quite underwhelming.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured