Aminal Tamer as a Class

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Re: Taming animals

Will you make Animal Taming Class? like in Ultima. That would be very cool. Like its really a dedicated classs- for example you can have 5 wolves with you or maybe you can have just one dragon or wyvern. you can heal it if your are mage or you can apply bandages on it. it can have a level progress as well. it may be sold but maybe to not everyone but to the same tamer as well. but you only can have one at the time.

maybe it can be resurected if applyed in time otherwise it will be killed co we have to somehow make a cicle of tamed animals. they must dissapear in some way. maybe they can be captured buy other tamer if owner was killed and animal stayed without master. anaml can play tank role for archers and mages. There could be some battle animals like a beasts or there can be a mount animals to ride on. its stupid idea in albion where you buy baby horse for some fictinal merchant. its very stupid, the best way to have mounts roaming the world and be tamed this case they are will be like some sort of resource with can be gathered. the better mount is the most difficalt to find it.

also you may ride a dragon so you will be like a very armored mage becouse all melee players cant attack player on a dragon because he is on a dragon and all damge dragon gets first. however range characters and mages can attack player directly cos they are not melee and they can aim to this player directly. so this is fun and inerestin mechanic. these are my thoughts. what are yours?

Mounts
    I have read your Q&A about mounts and im very disapointed. Im not the one who give mentored advices to DEVs but i try to use common sense. What you guys have said about mounts is complitly copy of Albion Online,.

You said that mount is disapearing after you get off it. Its very unrealistic, it would be much better if mount would not be able to put in inventory like a some sort of item. Mount is mount. It will be better if it will never dissapear and it will always had to stay in a world and if you got off mount it will be always standind where you left it untill some one killed it. yes!! killed it. mount like a players. good player? good mount. bad player bad mount. you killed it? then deal with karma issues.

you can also jump almost on any mount even if it not yours unless its some sort of dragon (intelligent one)

Also fight on mounts its a lot of fun but if you put it right. maybe if you sit on mounts you cannot use your special abilities but only auto-attacks. so it can be simple kick from warrior simple shot from archer and simpliest spell from mage or even just a staff strike. why you complitly decline this possiablity? game should be more very.

And important thing in the end. Im not saying that it must be. But im saying that you should do something different from what is already in games. Why you make it like a copy of AO in terms of mounts???? We had enough of Albion already, and we ve had it. why you copy it??? we need something new. Newer mechanics. Maybe you will copy mount dance from Albion as well??? Mount dance i call stupid thing when lets say you are on huuuuge mamoth but if you swing around your mouse it twerls like a crazy. i hate it. you are big animal and you can twerl like a ciling fan. isnt it stupid? im sick of everything related to mounts what we have in Albion. Please dont copy this nonsence consepts from them and do something new and inovative. Thats all im saying.

• Taming is one of the crowdfunding goals. This game also doesn't have classes or levels so taming has to follow that.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Ultima online also does not have classes but there are builds and you can call them classes. when said class i meant exactly this. so just a dedicated skill with all goes with that.
    thnk u you reply.

i d like to know more abput this skill. please post it here

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@boogis
    We don't know anything about the skills for taming.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@jetah ok i understand that but maybe my suggestions can be useful for DEVs maybe they can use them if they like. which would be awesome

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

UPDATE on mounts in original post.

Kind of sounds like a hunter class from WoW.

there is no classes in fractured, but there is, as much as i remembered, taming and breeding animals.

I for one don't need to see thousands of mounts in game slowing down my ping thank you very much... also the devs arent copying albion online.... alot of games mounts disappear when you dismount since there is literally no point in keeping mount in game once you dismount...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@boogis there will be goods transport in some kind of carriages and they should not disappear 😉 with mounts it would be much too inconvenient.

well we know we have pets and mounts at least

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't think taming will be strong enough to be a class, and I am frankly thankful my screen doesn't need to be clogged up with all that junk. No thanks sir.

I would love for the animal taming to be unlocked, plan on backing for sure and spreading the word.

Animal taming would obvious take place in the wild... animals in nature, spiders in caverns and dungeons and so on. Would be really cool if you could link taming to magic users as well summoning magical creatures and then trying to tame them.

On that note do we know if the pets have any usage besides aesthetics? My mage character will need a familiar for sure🤔😁

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I look forward to us getting to taming, but I don't imagine we'll get more than 4 or 5 "tamer" skills, and that's not enough for a "school," as such. I'm going to guess they get grouped with the bard skills, or the rogue one, just to have a place to stick them (or, possibly psychic?) - but only in the sense that they have to stick them somewhere, not because there's any real relation.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@althalus said in Aminal Tamer as a Class:

I for one don't need to see thousands of mounts in game slowing down my ping thank you very much... also the devs arent copying albion online.... alot of games mounts disappear when you dismount since there is literally no point in keeping mount in game once you dismount...

@althalus
    first of al, dude, if devs cant offord servers which can handle horses they shouldnt involve with a game development in a first place.
    second of all there wont be anything slowing down your ping anyway. how they gonna enter horses in the game? same like Albion? selling from stupid merchant who get it from no one know from where? most likely they put wild horses on feilds and forestes nad allow players to tame them. So im asking you. whats a difference between wild horse and tamed horse? no bloody difference. server still have to work on both.

If player leave his horse somewhere in a wild while he was killed the horse becomes wild again, if he leave it a city for long either it becomes wild again or someone can ride it (anyone can ride any a horse, its not attached to player, which is more relistic and more inovative cos no other game use it). And you can make this time of horse become wild pritty small, maybe like a one hour, but if you wanna keep your lovely horse you can use STABLE where your horse will dissapear and wont put to much work on server so majority of players will keep their horses in stable. but you have to pay to stable some money to feed your horse and clean its shit. so players can do buisenes to become stableman and make money out of it.

Also good idea to make a mechanic of knock out of horse, for example if you use spear you can make you enemy fell of the horse.

ASSUMPTION: so you paniced to soon, things are can be done in right way. maybe its not albion feature but its obviously something very unnatural. id be happy if they wont copy albions mount dance, there should be at least some physics. horses are not people that have to have time to make a turn not like make 360 degree turn in 1 milisecond.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@azraelius said in Aminal Tamer as a Class:

I would love for the animal taming to be unlocked, plan on backing for sure and spreading the word.

Animal taming would obvious take place in the wild... animals in nature, spiders in caverns and dungeons and so on. Would be really cool if you could link taming to magic users as well summoning magical creatures and then trying to tame them.

On that note do we know if the pets have any usage besides aesthetics? My mage character will need a familiar for sure🤔😁

@azraelius SUMMONING AND THEN TAMING? thats doesn make sence? then you can endleslly do it. besides summons supposed to dissapear. so whats a point to tame what is dissappearing soon? and why you need to tame summons if they are belong to summoner? im dissagree with you. BUT idea about a summoner is very good, summoner could be very good class or build (whatever u call it)

@boogis said in Aminal Tamer as a Class:

g slowing down your ping anyway. how they gonna enter horses in the game? same like Albion? selling from stupid merchant who get it from no one know from where? most likely they put wild horses on feilds and forestes nad allow players to tame them. So im asking you. whats a difference between wild horse and tamed horse? no bloody difference. server still have to work on both.

first of all "Dude" doesnt matter how great the developer is more characters are going to put a stress on the server that fact you think they wont and people can magically just add as many items as they wont just shows how much you know about game design. also there is a difference between wild horses somewhere off screen and the 1k different horses that show up at the same time on your screen in town thats why pretty much every game has atleast some lag issue when you enter town compared to the wilds...

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@mazikar said in Aminal Tamer as a Class:

Kind of sounds like a hunter class from WoW.

yes but hunter class can be only a hunter but summoner can be a mage or hunter or warrior. his dragon is just like a tanking frind

@boogis This what you want is already partially implemented into the game.

CHARISMA stat affects how many pets you can control at once, so if you want to play a role that you described, boost your CHARISMA high, and play schools that depend on charisma and in the same time you will be able to have multiple pets out.

(You could also be any school you want. Boost primary stat of your own choosing and boost CHA as your secondary stat, and you can be whatever you want with multiple pets following you).

"Charisma is a measure of the leadership and mental abilities of a character, determining the amount of pets and companions it can control at once, its ability to charm other creatures and its affinity with mental abilities, which increases psychic damage and psychic resistance. It also grants a moderate bonus to item identification, makes interactions with NPCs easier and more effective, and determines the base luck of the character.

Reaching a Charisma score of 20 gives the character a significant boost to its luck."

I would recommend playing a blood demon who has +3 INT and +3 CHA, or Udoadra that also has +3 CHA, depending on race you wish to be.

Humans are also good if you want to mix and match several attributes more equally (for example being a warrior with multiple pets following you).

• Community Manager

@boogis Prometheus talked about mounts in the

. In short, mounts can't die and they will disappear when the rider dismounts.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured