Winter Alpha Spotlight – City Overhaul

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I really like the changes that allow solo or small group play. I play with a group but due to my online times I am usually doing solo or small group play. This makes me happy that I can now craft alone 🙂

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@BlueGoblin

"It's bullshit that people can mine resources before me and I shouldn't have to fight for it, the game should have a system that lets me an no one else have what I want"
    Is that an accurate representation of what your point is?

@WaterMerchant

That comment is completly unnecessary......you didn't get his point at all. shrugs
    I am with BlueGoblin on the topic.
    I am aware that there are safe zones and there are free to kill and loot zones okay.
    The problem is that it will be like Legends of Aria where nearly all the more advanced resource nodes were in PvP zones and you were nuked by hard core PvP players while just wanting to gather your materials for crafting.
    So you are forced to gather people around you just to make sure you are not robbed of your loot while walking from the mining location to the crafting area in the city.
    This can be frustrating for players which have not much time on hand to look for a group or solo players and that would reduce their fun in playing the game.
    Thats what he meant in general.

@BlueGoblin

We will talk about that topic later I guess how we will proceed in the next test and what to do with the new changes.
    Nevertheless should it not discourage us I think once Arboreus is available we will have a more PvE friendly environment.
    However I do fear that this may take a while and I don't want to stick around for 5 - 6 more PvP tests before the PvE continent is available. Would be a long stretch even for myself since I really dislike PvP.

@Ostaff

I can only hope that will be the case and that the devs will balance out each planet. Maybe even different city systems which are exclusive for the planet and their environment.

Cheers Lil

@LilCassiopeia this is not true, the 3 worlds all have end game materials, depending on the world you in, the PVP will be...
    in beast world, there will be no PVP in the high level material area.

@LilCassiopeia
    It always amazes me the lengths PvE only players will go to play a game they don't enjoy. Despite having multiple PvE centered MMO's all with bigger budgets and dev teams than fractured you still insist on playing the indie full loot PvP mmo. No one is forcing you to do anything you made the decision to get involved yourself. And before you start asserting "High end resources being in PvP zones" being a problem please take a step back and consider that this Full loot PvP mmo is probably not for you and you might find WoW, ESO or even FFXIV all PvE MMO's with higher budgets will be more up your alley.

@WaterMerchant please do not offer people not to play this game, especially when you wrong, this is not a full PVP game !!!! this is all gameplay welcome game.
    there is 3 world, pvp, pve only and mix, all worlds have end game.

@WaterMerchant said in Winter Alpha Spotlight – City Overhaul:

@LilCassiopeia
    It always amazes me the lengths PvE only players will go to play a game they don't enjoy. Despite having multiple PvE centered MMO's all with bigger budgets and dev teams than fractured you still insist on playing the indie full loot PvP mmo. No one is forcing you to do anything you made the decision to get involved yourself. And before you start asserting "High end resources being in PvP zones" being a problem please take a step back and consider that this Full loot PvP mmo is probably not for you and you might find WoW, ESO or even FFXIV all PvE MMO's with higher budgets will be more up your alley.

Did you miss the part of Fractured that has pretty much PvE-only planet? It always amazes me the lenghts fanatic PvPers are willing to go to make themselves feel superior, ruin it for everyone else and even twist and forget the already established game mechanics such as a PvE planet. Noone is forcing you to play with PvErs, so kindly go to Tartarus and PvP to your hearts content 🙂 Three races, Three gameplays

whisper Did you know PvE Arboreus is designed as the biggest planet from the get-go and Tartarus as the smallest? Even devs know where most of the community falls on the PvP-PvE spectrum.

• @grofire said in Winter Alpha Spotlight – City Overhaul:

this is not a full PVP game !!!! this is all gameplay welcome game.
    there is 3 world, pvp, pve only and mix, all worlds have end game.

And there is the nail on the head. I backed out of the conversation once I realized BlueGoblin was concerned with effects on the PvE (Beastmen) planet rather then the human PvP world.

Meaning, the city announcement debate should be held not on a collective level..but rather world specific. Because nothing messes up a PvP game than changing mechanics to cater to PvE, and nothing messes up a PvE game than changing mechanics to cater to PvP.

@grofire
    Firstly this game is Full Loot PvP, I'm not sure if what I said got lost in translation but full loot pvp ( Meaning your entire inventory is lootable on death) is present no matter what world you are on. And it should be clear to anyone that people who are at the very least willing to experience SOME PvP are going to have access to more parts of the game than someone who is hell bent on not fighting anything other than the AI. That's why it confuses me why PvE ONLY players insist on playing this game despite having access to more PvE content in a more PvE focused and higher budget MMO.

@WaterMerchant said in Winter Alpha Spotlight – City Overhaul:

@grofire
    Firstly this game is Full Loot PvP, I'm not sure if what I said got lost in translation but full loot pvp ( Meaning your entire inventory is lootable on death) is present no matter what world you are on.

no its not, on the beast planet there will be no PVP 99% of the planet....
    and there will be no loot on death there....

@grofire
    Really do you have a source for that? I read that outside the good only zones you can still get killed.

@WaterMerchant yes, the spotlight...

@grofire
    I read through all the spotlights none of the says you can't be killed or looted on Arboreus. If you have a link to a direct quote that would be appreciated.

@WaterMerchant It should be in here https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-6-pvp-alignment-crime/ beastman planet doesn't allow people with negativ karma, so no pvp. But that's not the topic in here, do not further derail, we are supposed to post questions here for the q&a

@Shivashanti
    I'm sorry for derailing the conversation this will be my last post in this thread. But you are also wrong in the regard that pvp and evil characters won't be allowed on Arboreous.
    First: In the 6th spotlight 5th paragraph under the Arboreus Section
    "If your character has an Evil alignment and you manage to enter Arboreus, well, now you’re in trouble! The planet itself, pervaded by the primal energy of Elysium, immediately starts fighting to repel you. You become heavily debuffed, and normally pacific creatures turn aggressive against you, seeking you out to rip you apart. Even worse, you are only allowed to stay on Arboreus for half an hour at once, and you are quickly drained of all vital energies if you step into a Good-only area"

It only says it will be difficult for evil characters to be on Arboreous (The PvE Beastman planet)

Second
    Prometheus himself says only 30-50% of the PvE planet will be PvE only in that same discussion on the third page you will see in response to "That said, I would have preferred you giving a rough figure on what 'large area' means in context of PvE only. I'm sorry, but I don't see what you said here in any shape or form:"

He says, "Between 30% and 50% of the planet I'd say, but it's hard to tell right now. Also consider this information is not vital - how much content there is in Good-only areas is more important than size"

Although he said it's subject to change as is stands right now only 30-50% of the PvE only planet will be 100% devoid of PvP

@WaterMerchant

Yes. There will be "some" PvP allowed on Arboreus. Just how much area has never been officially stated. What has been stated, however, is that there will be no reason for a beastman to travel to an PvP zone on Arboreus unless that is what they are looking for, as there will be no special resources found in those areas.

Also, Demons will only be allowed in those PvP zones due to a very limited time schedule that they are ever allowed to be on the planet.

I have talked to @Prometheus about the %, and we are hoping that he will agree that Arboreus should at least be 80% if not 90% free of PvP. He has also stated that they will work hard on keeping the PvE content on Arboreus updated and fresh.

There will be PvE on Tartoros as well, but you are able to be killed the entire time you are trying to do PvE there 🙂

As for the loot, I have never heard a definitive answer on there being Full Loot on Arboreus. I am hoping that they make both the city structure and looting different on Arboreus than they have on the PvP inclined planets as the dynamics on that planet are just "different" all together..

• Community Manager

@WaterMerchant It's true that not all of Arboreus is safe but from what Prometheus has told me most if not all of the actual content on Arboreus will be located within the safe area. Also, PvPers who travel to Arboreus wil have a hard time staying there and can only visit for 30 minutes.

@Ostaff On arboreus items are dropped on death just like on every other planet, but your items cannot be looted by fellow Beastmen.

I have a (possibly naive) question. Wouldn't a 'good alignment' guild/city have trouble maintaining their good alignment if they are supposed to attack people for farming their territory (there's going to be plenty of 'farming' characters with good alignment that would be used to contest these resources). Or they'd have to get special characters meant for that purpose with a 'bad alignment', but that seems a bit counter productive, since they couldn't be part of the guild/city.

I would like to have a lot more info about all this residential stuff.

How will it work on arboreus where you can't PvP the not liked residentials off or conquest the ressources?

What is with the good alligned people like Logain asked?

Have cities to be rebuild after a siege or do the enemies take over the tech tree and so on?
    If so, do the smelters and stuff you build on the private parcel stop working if the new owners choose another tech tree?

If we alter the system to choose who is welcome as residential, what do we do against the scenario that everything is held by big clans who let nobody in?

Can you join to defend the city if they are sieged as a residential (as in not owner of the city but living in the arounds)? Because this will open a big griefing opportunity aswell.

Are sieges possible on Arboreus? (I think not, but want to make sure)

How do sieges work exactly? Do we have to queue fights like in Albion on a tent or something? Do we just build up a siege in the front and the status of the city changes to sieged? Do we know in advance when a siege is happening to prepare?

• DymStudios - CEO

@Ostaff said in Winter Alpha Spotlight – City Overhaul:

I have talked to @Prometheus about the %, and we are hoping that he will agree that Arboreus should at least be 80% if not 90% free of PvP. He has also stated that they will work hard on keeping the PvE content on Arboreus updated and fresh.

Yes, aggression on most of Arboreus is not possible, period, and the planet will feature mechanics that strongly prevent it in the remaining areas anyway. The definition of "PvE planet" is therefore a good one.

Given that Syndesia already has a ton of PvP, Arboreus is obviously the second planet we're going to work on @LilCassiopeia 🙂 It's absolutely coming sooner than "5-6 tests"!

Also, don't forget about the criminal system (evil status, bounty hunting, jailing). Being a "PK" on Syndesia is not easy and we expect more guild / faction wars than "PKing" for that reason. Don't take the last 2 open weekends as a benchmark - they were basically a big arena for testing PvP balancing with no consequences for Evil players.

That being said: please stay on-topic here, we're trying to gather feedback on the announced city changes (note: we're open to revisions) and questions for the Q&A this Sunday. This is not a thread for the usual PvP vs PvE quarrels. Thank you.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured