shitty game

• TF#5 - LEGATE

You clearly need a finished mmo that will cater to your weak game play. Try retail wow sir, its pretty much idiot proof.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@insomnia said in shitty game:

But responses aren't a surprice. But what can you expect from people that are simps to the game.
    There is a difference between challenging and poorly designed content. This is just poorly designed
    I bet you people lack anything to do in your life, since you like this. I assume you also buy Fifa every year

so you are saying in a full loot pvp game that you lose your gear and are now mad because you lost your gear and think people are SIMPS and you think that is logical in your part. Maybe read more than the name next time not just the title of the game. Maybe you will have a better time looking for a game next time but as everyone said you can go away, If you want your hand held go play something else this isn't the game for you,

• To be fair, full loot pvp mmo is a niche subgenre in general, so it's no surprise that some people will not like it. You're one of them. What's not understandable is why did you have the urge to create this thread and insult people instead of going on with your life. I hope you find a game that better suits you requirements and wish you the best! 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

What a shitty game. What incompetent retards thinks it's a good idea to give people useless gear and make it a pain to get better. You do fuck all damage as a "warrior". Yet you don't seem to be able to get a better weapon. When you die, you revive weaker, making you die faster. If you respawn at a city, you lose all your shit. So now i have to run where i was, with no gear! This game deserves to fail. What a pile of garbage. I died and have to spend what! 20 fucking minutes or so, i would guess, because on top of this shit. Traveling is ridiculesly slow. And you have no idea where your corpse is

I have to agree on a couple of valid points......... But really badly put.

While you are entitled to your opinion, leaving constructive criticism and suggesting possible changes would have helped more. The mechanics you described were never hidden, so if you researched the game, you would have known most of this.

I know you didn't buy this, as you wouldn't have done so without research. It's good that you got to test out the game for free and saw that you wouldn't like it. The devs clearly gave you more than you gave them then.

I hope you find an easier game that hands out power as freebies. Fractured is more akin to life's journey, and requires patience. Which makes me wonder...

With more and more free keys, expect these posts from time to time.

Any reason not to lock this thread?

• Content Creator

@Jimbolini said in shitty game:

With more and more free keys, expect these posts from time to time.

Any reason not to lock this thread?

Agreed. Otherwise Nekrage may come back in this thread and tell him to fuck off again.

• Community Manager

@insomnia But aren't these kind of mechanics present in every game? Gear progression isn't anything new and frankly Fractured is pretty lenient considering it's more about horizontal progression than vertical. The same goes for the death penalty. In most games if you die you go straight to the graveyard, respawn point, etc whereas in Fractured you only lose 15% of your max life when your HP reaches 0, effectively giving you 6 lives before you actually die. 😉 At least in PvE that is. Criticism is fine, but please keep it constructive.

I think I sense a troll. We should probably stop feeding it.

• Wiki Editor

But responses aren't a surprice. But what can you expect from people that...

I think you didn't got the point.
    People don't criticize your points, thats probably even valid points.
    People want to tell you, that it isn't a nice behaviour to insult.
    If you would have written a good and constructive critic for your experiences, nobody would have said a word against you.
    It always just gets the echo that someone deserves.
    So yeah, how you came in here, the response isn't a surprice at all.

I must say... I was actually impressed that @insomnia actually came back to READ the replies to his post.... I mean, if he truly felt the way he posted wouldn't he have not just left entirely? No reason to come back. Coming back tells us that his true intention was just to try to piss people off.

I had already ignored this thread, but heck.. after seeing so many people reply back to it... lol.. I just had to come check it out. Glad I did 🙂

It also says wonders when the developers or moderators have not deleted this thread as well. It means that they are open minded and are not phased by this dribble.

• Wiki Editor

@Ostaff Well, he even played today. So i guess it isn't that shitty at all.
    If i would think his way, i would drop to play the game immediately.

My hope is, that he is learning, that insulting isn't the right way. But being constructive will give him more possibilities to get his experience heared by the Devs and maybe there is a small chance that the game will be more like he want it.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@insomnia

I would be curious to know what you would consider a good game 😏.

I mean the post is a ingenious troll but still would like to know 🕵

@Nekrage said

You know what? I could have come here and responded in a way that seems caring and supportive of your stance in an attempt to get you to try the game again but as soon as you called the devs and this community "incompetent retards" that was out of the question.

You were rude as fuck

This. Exactly this. And then he doubled down on it. This community doesn't need to coddle the feelings of anyone who still uses the word 'retard'. Period.

I'm a Christian pacifist but I don't suffer assholes gladly. There's the door, asshole. Take anyone else who thinks that shit is ok with you.

Gonna suggest less free keys for the next test. There are plenty in this forum like myself, who know what the game is and what an alpha test is but can't afford alpha buy-in. We're happy to earn our keys and help test the game for you @Prometheus

But responses aren't a surprice. But what can you expect from people that are simps to the game.

Look folks, it's a troll. Bad troll. Thou must be smited! Now where did I put my longsword?

There is a difference between challenging and poorly designed content. This is just poorly designed
    I bet you people lack anything to do in your life, since you like this. I assume you also buy Fifa every year

Yeah, I skimmed the responses to your topic, and what I mostly saw were self-satisfied white knights happy to have an excuse to bully someone, while ignoring the substance of what you were saying. (And I consider that sort of response a troll, since it seizes on the superficial in an attempt to distract from the real issue.)

You, on the other hand, tried the game, had a bad experience, got pissed, and needed to vent. I'm not going to fault you for that. 🙂 For one thing, blaming the customer is a bad business practice, and for another, I think your fundamental complaint is accurate.

I've played Fractured since the first alpha test, and I'm increasingly unhappy with its direction. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes like Wurm Online, with a small core of dedicated niche players, but not enough to truly populate the world. 😞

And if the responses in this thread are any indication of the sort of player base Fractured would retain, it wouldn't be worth joining.

• Content Creator

@Roccandil said in shitty game:

Yeah, I skimmed the responses to your topic, and what I mostly saw were self-satisfied white knights happy to have an excuse to bully someone, while ignoring the substance of what you were saying. (And I consider that sort of response a troll, since it seizes on the superficial in an attempt to distract from the real issue.)

You, on the other hand, tried the game, had a bad experience, got pissed, and needed to vent. I'm not going to fault you for that. 🙂 For one thing, blaming the customer is a bad business practice, and for another, I think your fundamental complaint is accurate.

I've played Fractured since the first alpha test, and I'm increasingly unhappy with its direction. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes like Wurm Online, with a small core of dedicated niche players, but not enough to truly populate the world. 😞

And if the responses in this thread are any indication of the sort of player base Fractured would retain, it wouldn't be worth joining.

But is a Forum really the place to Vent a bunch of vitriol about a game?

Why not instead, make constructive criticism, give suggestions of how you would improve the game instead of exploding with a bunch of negativity, to the point that you even have the audacity to refer to your fellow gamers as 'retards' which is patently NOT OKAY!

I didn't really see any real points within his/her vitriolic word barrage. I saw some general complaints, many of which, when taken specifically as you could filter them into, were about elements of a game that are pretty much industry standard traits of most MMOs. (Losing all your stuff when dying, needing to grind to get ahead, etc...) and exactly NONE of what was said took into account that your not even playing a finished, or even close to finished game, but rather your experiencing the ALPHA TESTING PHASE of the game's development.

Frankly, as my sister, Stormbug said, the OP is more than likely a Troll, just getting off on people's responses that feeds his/her ego while refuting his claims. I see no 'White Knight' syndrome responses...mostly what I see is people saying "if it's not for you, go find another game", "what kind of games do you consider fun" and "what would you have done to make it better, where's the constructive criticism"

😆 🐴 😆 😆 😆 🐴 😆

• Wiki Editor

@Roccandil said in shitty game:

Well, yeah there was some rude answers to a rude rage. That was to expect.
    But that you throw in all responses into the same pot, that makes me litterally sad, because till now i thought you are a smart guy.
    What is wrong about responses, that are telling Insomnia, that his experiences and feelings about the game probably was right, but his speech wasn't okay at all?
    Who we are, that we need to eat it, when someone is insulting us?
    Is it not our right to tell him, that the kind of communication skill isn't okay and he should be more constructive?
    We are btw. not the Company, we are customer as you are and as Insomnia is. But as a customer i have a right to expect a respectful togetherness.
    We did not criticize his problems with the game, we just criticize his behaviour.
    And with what? With full rights!

It doesn't matter, if we are in a niche or in a super duper million dollar baby, respectful interaction is the only rule, that can prevent that our world is going into an Idocracy World.

• Wiki Editor

OKAY @Roccandil lets forget his rude stuff, i will cut it out and answering his experiences.
    Will that be okayish for you?

@insomnia for you, totally civil:

to give people useless gear and make it a pain to get better.

The starter gear is probably useless, but you can build yourself directly in the Tutorial a bit better gear.
    At the moment it is a matter of just few days to get best gear ingame. I do not see any pain in it.
    For now, because in future it will not be that easy to get best gear.
    As it is in every other game too.
    Show me a game, where you get best gear at the first day.

Yet you don't seem to be able to get a better weapon.

Smithing is a way to get better "Warrior" weapons.
    Getting Flawless Jewels is the way to get better Mage weapons.
    Enchanting is the way to make them even better.
    Why you think it is not possible to get better weapons yet?

When you die, you revive weaker, making you die faster.

You do not die, you get KO.
    And yes, for every KO you get a kind of debuff that makes you going to the next House or Town to rest and remove that debuff. Thats a part of the game design.

If you respawn at a city, you lose all your shit.

Exactly, if you die, you will respawn at your last resting place or your home.
    Just rest at the last house you find before you are going to kill stuff, so your path will not be that far.
    Better, take a break from the fighting and go back to a resting place before you die.

So now i have to run where i was, with no gear! ... I died and have to spend what! 20 fucking minutes or so ... Traveling is ridiculesly slow.

Yes, that is intended. But in later game, you hopefully have some Equip stored in the local bank at the last town you rested, to be prepared for such a situation.
    Also to have a horse is a good way, to make the run to your corpse less annoying.

And you have no idea where your corpse is

You are responsible to remember, where you died and finding back.
    I have played perma death games. In this ones wasn't even the chance to get your stuff back.
    Be happy, you don't need to start over here.
    And again, best way not to get in such situations is, to stop fighting before you die and go resting and continue fighting after your character is feeling fresh again.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured