Horse Population

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Tried your alpha. Obviously, things need quite a bit of work. Please consider increasing your horse population. When someone spends an hour running around and unable to find any and "exploration" is part of this alpha, kind of defeats the purpose to explore unmounted.

• @ReverendOne said in Horse Population:

Tried your alpha. Obviously, things need quite a bit of work. Please consider increasing your horse population. When someone spends an hour running around and unable to find any and "exploration" is part of this alpha, kind of defeats the purpose to explore unmounted.

tapped reverend post
    I'm not able to connect id 86 bolsonario not how to join or watch a game I waited 2 years staff fix the bug

Maybe I just hit a few sweet spots, but I killed a couple horses and found a bunch more in my travels to my city. Heck I coulda tamed a half dozen in my first hour of playing. But I've also heard others talking about how they couldn't find any for the life of them. But definitely wasn't a problem for me.

• Content Creator

Please, people, it's like day 1 of Horse implementation. They started out with Server Request Overload, so let them do some balancing before complaining too much!

@ReverendOne man I wve walked the map back and forth on foot for all the previous test sooner or later you'll find some horses it wont kill you to walk

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

It took me a bit to find one... but once I found 1... I found 3 lol.

Also recommend this get move to the Alpha Forum threads.

@Esoba said in Horse Population:

bout how they couldn't find any for the life of them.

Horses can easily be found on the outskirts of the the yellow map areas along the darker green area line.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@dj35Found a horse by mistake and plenty more around.

Maybe Farm some Gold and Buy one from a player?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

lol yeah one player was advertising in chat, bragging he had 11+ horses and would sell them for 10k a piece......same old story, every game.

@GamerSeuss said in Horse Population:

Please, people, it's like day 1 of Horse implementation. They started out with Server Request Overload, so let them do some balancing before complaining too much!

Complaining? I suggested the devs increase the horse population during alpha. Or do you honestly believe the devs want us to spend whatever time we have available just running around looking for something instead of actually testing game features?

This is part of the Alpha we are supposed to be testing, very hard to test when you can't find one ?

• Content Creator

@ReverendOne said in Horse Population:

Complaining? I suggested the devs increase the horse population during alpha. Or do you honestly believe the devs want us to spend whatever time we have available just running around looking for something instead of actually testing game features?

Part of the thing about the Horses is they are a marked difference from walking/running around the board...thus, they need to be rare enough that everyone and their brother doesn't have one on day one. Testers, especially newer testers who haven't been through the grind of multiple Alphas, need to learn to appreciate how much goes into walking the map before they start using Horses, Wagons, and Shipyards to speed things up. It is all part of the test. If Horses were the only thing new we were testing, or even the primary new thing, then maybe they would start everyone with a beginner mount, but they are just one part of the test, and they are also testing the availability balancing, and the catching of horses, as opposed to just buying or getting one when you start...so the test has more impact on overall game play.

I haven't found a horse yet either, and I really want one, BUT I have seen enough players with horses to know they are out there to be found, and they haven't been forgotten.

@GamerSeuss hella respect. I myself played the last alpha and i remember running all the way from the eastern side of the map to the goblin kills in the far west like 7 times back and forth. It was like a 2h walk each way, but i fckn did it MANY times. The horses almost defeat the purpose of taverns at this point. If anything, they are too fast if you get a good one like i did (15 dex - on top of my already 20).

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

It's reasonable to make a note of a very low horse spawn. This is alpha, and that type of feedback should be welcomed with open arms. Dismissing it as complaining is incredibly rude. I feel that people should have a right to agree and disagree, but passing it off a whining is not the type of attitude that should be accepted in the community. I personally, have just found my first horse. It took about 10 hours of playing to find it. That's quite a bit. But if you think about it, ask yourself this. How long does it take to get a horse in most MMO's? From my experience, it's usually around level 20. It's rarely right at the beginning. While those first 10 unlucky hours were quite frustrating, I have now found a horse, and that makes it much easier to find more. It's really not that big of a deal. However. OP has a point about spawn rates potentially being increased simply due to this being a testing phase. I haven't found any horse bugs yet though. And it's possible that the developers haven't either. So perhaps they have moved on to testing the rarity.

• Wiki Editor

@ReverendOne
    When i started i just was aiming barfeet to reach my town.
    I didn't mind about walking nor searched explicit for a horse, but i knew from the Fall Alpha Update #1, that they will be mainly in grassland and steppe. So i just was walking away from the street through the said areas.
    On half way i found my first horse.
    Around our town is a quite active area, but we always find here and there a horse and meanwhile we have a chest full of them.
    I know it is frustrating, not to find one, but maybe try to do other things and just grab an horse by opportunity.

In my opinion, the balance isn't that bad.
    I am even think it should be more rare and challenging in future.
    Taming a Horse and getting a Mount is something you get seldom in games in the first game hours.

• If I understood it correctly: Its depending on the area.
    If some areas have less horses then others and you look at the wrong places it will take longer until you get one.

The feedback itself is still noteworthy just to check if a person was unlucky or looking at the wrong places. 🙂

@Inzide you dont actually @ people you can buts its easier just to hit the reply option by there name also why'd you tell me that lololol

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@ReverendOne I think the population is fine, I have maybe 20 horses or more. If they do increase it, I hope it isn't by a lot.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

man, too many horses, too many. i always run on horse in wilderness and i dont need it cos in our city chest is full of them and they dont die they stay with you forever and you want even more horses??? no. we gotta make them less and we also need to make them die and be out in a world instead of magicaly hide in your backpack. we need to make stables in cities. we need to make them hungry and tired. we need to make them level up. we need to make them obey commands, we need to sell them in stables, we need money to upkeep them, there many thing that we need for them but obvously we do not need to overcrowd world with them.

in my personal view we need to have one horse in a world at the time. ONLY ONE. once its been tamed another appeared. make you b***ches upretiate fast travel. (no offence just an expresion :))) cos now i start to see post when people complain that horse is to slow. REALY!!!!!!?????????? ! TO SLOW??????????? how about small cart for transporting stones andd logs???? HAVE U EVER USED IT????? noooo, you never used it coss you always use one with horse. but why do you think it existing? mabe we will face a time when we stay without so many horses??? maybe we should face it cos we start to nag nag and nag??? )))

i wish we face those times. i wish we all will be caring logs by small carts on our feet and only a chosen one will have their horses and spit on a rest of you, slaves. LOL

i wish there will be a time when bunch of poor half naked bums will attack passing nobleman on horse and the ultimate desire of them will be at least to kill his horse, not to take his gold. cos thats how jalouse they are. LOL))

i wish there will be a time when public auction for horses will be started in central city and whole MYR will gather in that city and do their bets and fight for every horse and every buyer will be on heaven from happyness cos now he is a owner of horse, now he is fast travel elite. (in such case maybe make horses be ressurected if dead. not all but maybe by passing a curtain level of horse or/and curtain level of mage who intend to ressurect or/and cost a lots of magical reagents).

i wish there will be time when you gotta put your horse for rest and care in a stable of a city you just arrived and take another horse which you already prapered in advance and continue your travel on a horse full of energy. i wish ou would have to have horse in every city and pay for it if you wanna often travel.

i really afraid what you guys tell me on all of it, i think you will throw excriments on me cos im ruining your fairytale where everything easy and fast and you dont have to do nothing. im sorry for that.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured