Physical Immune enemies should be removed.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

In the final game, physical-immune enemies (i.e. Wisps) will not need to be removed, because the world will be massive and diverse enough that you will not be required to fight them

• Content Creator

@FibS Except you will never get their abilities or complete their journal entries.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Nekrage Which is perfectly fine - abilities will not be unique to one enemy and you will not need 100% research of every single creature. You'll be the only one forcing yourself to do that.

• Content Creator

@FibS There is no reason you should have to carry around an extra set of gear in case you come across immunity to your only damage type. It's tedious, it's not challenging. This is game design 101. Tedious does not = difficulty.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

once the groups contribution etc is working it's no problem at all.......

• Wiki Editor

Just putting my in 2 cents here.

There is a few melee skills that give true/pure damage.
    -Strike Wounds
    -Shadow Dance

Then skills that are also nice to pick up like
    -word of power:kill

these can help with melee killing a wisp.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Nekrage Dude, just put on a staff and Magic Missile.

• Content Creator

@Kriptini Ugh again with this dude.

You have obviously never fought the wisps because then you would know this would get you no where.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Nekrage I have all the wisp skills, and earlier in this thread I suggested that staves be changed to deal magic damage instead of physical damage.

You have a zerg, just have them all equip staves and Magic Missile and you will get your wisp skills.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Nekrage In my opinion it's not matter of removing that kind of enemies from game but add mechanics that allow you to deal with them by any class like craft elemental damage into weapons or skills that convert some percentage of your damage into ele/true dmg. That would not only raise variety of build possibilities but also create more profitable and desire craft opportunities for crafters. It would also "force" you to keep your armoury updated in various weapons depending on what area/creatures you aiming for. In other hand now you need to get a group to achieve skills out of them so its making every class equal in terms of being useful at some point(excluding archer but im working on it). To keep the balance It would be fair to add elemental or magic immune monsters that will force mages to look for help in melee users. But at the end of a day its just my opinion and they got their own plan and purpose in that kind of mods/creatures. Best of luck n hopefully we will cross blades in next test phase.
    HeavyHitter 😉

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I think they should add magic-immune enemies, maybe even in the same area, so that everyone who goes there is more likely to need to group up and be thoughtful about what they are fighting instead of mindlessly killing. Having melee-immune enemies at the moment without any magic-immune enemies in the same test phase is kind of unfair.

Also we need some clarification on what the criteria is for Knowledge Point gain in a party. Is it supposed to be only if you do individual damage/debuffs to the mob, or is everyone in the party supposed to get credit for the kill even if you don't do damage (like if you are tanking)? @Silynx has posted a thread about this in the Bug Report section here

If we are only supposed to get KP credit if we do individual damage/debuffs to the mobs, then having any 100% physical immune or 100% magic immune enemies is kind of annoying, but I suppose we would just be forced to switch abilities for those specific times we are farming that type of mob?

Either way though, ONLY having physical-immune enemies without having magic-immune enemies is unfair and shouldn't happen.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

XD ... to kill a monster immune to damage with a warrior, you only have to prepare a strategy and equip yourself a light armor and a staff, in addition to your main warrior weapons, with the tab you can change weapons according to your convenience. In short, you can adapt to be what you want since with a campfire you can equip the skill according to the occasion.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Nekrage said in Physical Immune enemies should be removed.:

Having to completely change a character's build and equipment to kill a single type of enemy is quite tedious.

I have no seen magic immune enemies yet but I am sure there are plans for it.

I don't really see this being a positive experience for any player.

What do you guys think about it?

The reason you can't get a Wisp at all as a warrior for now is because of missing options. For instance, you still can't enchant your weapon to make it deal non-physical damage, and shared party knowledge gains are not a thing yet.

@Phylosophys said in Physical Immune enemies should be removed.:

I agree with @Nekrage, what is the point of having to play with a party if the knowledge is not shared.

We are going to implement shared party knowledge ASAP!

@BlueGoblin said in Physical Immune enemies should be removed.:

If you have physical attack immune enemies.. then there should be magic immune enemies as well. Correct?

There will be for sure! 🙂

Now, that being said, I'd like to remind you that having to change your character build (even radically) to be able to defeat a specific creature is a core part of PvE in Fractured. Actually, the fact that pretty much only Wisps force you to do that as of today is quite sad 😉

• Wiki Editor

@Prometheus said in Physical Immune enemies should be removed.:

Actually, the fact that pretty much only Wisps force you to do that as of today is quite sad

But enough to show how it could look like, what we have to expect in future.
    This was planned from beginning, to need to switch your skills depending on the things you want to do.
    So please, never step away from this path 😉 🙂 🤗

@Kralith Aye. I am all for one toon not being able to do everything or even have the ability to be the best at everything. I think players should be forced to group or use different styles sets or toons in order to do some content. Vanilla coverings suck and remove creativity. So I am full throttle with what Prometheus said 🙂

• Different types of enemies forces players do try different tactics, and that's what's this game is about, not attribute points. Immunity to physical damage isn't new in games, of course, it's annoying, but the knowledge that you won't kill everything with same spell inspires to gain more spells.

Players who have all the skills will be tied to one type of damage (magic, physical), will have a bad gameplay experience, which will have a bad effect on the game. Especially considering that at the beginning-middle of the game, for example, we will need to kill a particular mob to get a skill, it will be very problematic that the mob has only a magical or physical susceptibility. (sorry for the translation)

• @muker

Who says you cant enchant your physical damage weapon with fire damage buff? And why couldn´t spells cause physical damage? This one seems very physical to me 😄
    I´ve already asked on that matter (spells with different non magical weapon types - physical, bleeding etc.), answer still on the way 🙂
    ... also I wanted to point on fact that such annoyance will only be experienced in PvE, but then i remembered immunity auras are making it into PvP as well with same effect -_-

@Nekrage Having to change your entire kit to kill pys immune mobs is the entire basis of this game!! That, my friend, is how horizontal progression works... you equip the gear for the job, not just upgrade what you already have. No doubt there will be fire elementals or something that heal if they take fire damage, and die instantly if you deal water damage or something later on. Also, why should you gain knowledge in a party if you don't do damage? You won't learn anything if all you do is stand back and let everyone else do the fighting... People learn how to fight by Actually fighting...

I personally don't see why shared perty knowledge SHOULD be a thing @Prometheus. What would be the point in having a knowledge system if you don't have to ever actually even damage an enemy to complete it? How can you say you learnt anything other than to rely on others to do everything for you?

• @Xzait

or one can at least CC the enemy or tank him, even if you deal no damage you can still be usable to your team.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured