Crafting and Gathering - What's the plan?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I realize it is likely far too soon to begin discussing the particulars of the system (as they are likely a bit further down the line than even basic interactions and other systems), but I'd be interested in learning more about crafting and resource gathering, and a general overview of how the developers plan to implement this system.

I realized they've offered some brief snippets (Like not finding swords on rats, and that players will craft a log), but as a former UO player who got hooked on that games methods and implementation (See a tree? Cut it down. At a mountain? Start digging...) and how you can craft without engaging in any form of combat. I'm hopping they will be able to discuss their vision for the system, and how it integrates with the "magic" system they just announced.

Perhaps an article just discussing what they see happening?

Sincerely,
    A-Crafter-Not-A-Fighter.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I have some information about crafting in my compilation thread: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/266/a-compilation-of-everything-we-know-about-fractured?page=1. I assume there will be a spotlight about crafting at some point. 😄

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Im hoping the crafting system promotes a ton of merchants and trading characters. Thats one of my favorite aspects to mmos is the market and active trading.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Thayn we'll have a Spotlight dedicated to crafting, as @Vengu mentioned, and it would take a little too long to reply here eheh. Suffices to say, you'll definitely be able to play as a crafter only and your role will be pivotal in any guild / group.

@Dagimir definitely - not only because of the crafting system, but also given how important travel is in Fractured - check out the last paragraphs here! :slight_smile:

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@prometheus said in Crafting and Gathering - What's the plan?:

@Thayn we'll have a Spotlight dedicated to crafting, as @Vengu mentioned, and it would take a little too long to reply here eheh. Suffices to say, you'll definitely be able to play as a crafter only and your role will be pivotal in any guild / group.

This is wonderful news, @Prometheus! Looking forward to the spotlight!

And thank you @Vengu for the link! Off to read it now.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

This post is deleted!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@boogis said in Crafting and Gathering - What's the plan?:

give me link you Crafting spotlight please

it isn't out yet. But you can browse all of the spotlights and news here.

hey guys i hope you wont do anythink like Albion did - a very stupid system when you put 100 swords to craft and you have like a progress bar. i hope you will come up with something more smart.

I hope it's not like Wurm Online, either, where you have an incredible amount of mindless clicking to do to advance a crafting project (additionally poisoned by RNG failures).

I prefer meaningful crafting choices, and if I have to click, I want it to mean more than "do the same thing again".

• Wiki Editor

@roccandil said in Crafting and Gathering - What's the plan?:

hey guys i hope you wont do anythink like Albion did - a very stupid system when you put 100 swords to craft and you have like a progress bar. i hope you will come up with something more smart.

I hope it's not like Wurm Online, either, where you have an incredible amount of mindless clicking to do to advance a crafting project (additionally poisoned by RNG failures).

I prefer meaningful crafting choices, and if I have to click, I want it to mean more than "do the same thing again".

Prometheus has stated that there will be very little RNG in crafting.

@kellewic said in Crafting and Gathering - What's the plan?:

Prometheus has stated that there will be very little RNG in crafting.

And this is fantastic!

We all remember certain (cough) Korean MMOs where all our hard work went down the drain because RNGjesus had a bad day.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

And I'd like to know what's the point to kill creatures apart from "quests" for new abilities. If everything is crafted from resources gathered, what exactly do we get from monsters? If we, say, kill some treants, what would they drop? Wood? So we'll have to carry a cart around at all times?

I know it was probably said that they'll drop something that players can gather and carry around while fighting, but it would be interesting to know what would it be exactly.

So far it seems like you can craft a "Basic Sword", a "Sword", "Quality Sword", etc., if it's the case then crafting system sure seems a bit boring, but I think they have something in their sleeve on this.

• Wiki Editor

@dcccxix said in Crafting and Gathering - What's the plan?:

And I'd like to know what's the point to kill creatures apart from "quests" for new abilities. If everything is crafted from resources gathered, what exactly do we get from monsters? If we, say, kill some treants, what would they drop? Wood? So we'll have to carry a cart around at all times?

I know it was probably said that they'll drop something that players can gather and carry around while fighting, but it would be interesting to know what would it be exactly.

So far it seems like you can craft a "Basic Sword", a "Sword", "Quality Sword", etc., if it's the case then crafting system sure seems a bit boring, but I think they have something in their sleeve on this.

As far as I know it's only been mentioned that creatures will drop special resources and money, but I don't recall anything specific on what "special resources" means. Maybe for a treant they drop treant bark or something.

@DCCCXIX @kellewic

We know that monsters from Tartaros will drop animal bones (that are said to be unique to Tartaros, and not available on other two worlds).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured