Next test phase

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Jetah said in Next test phase:

(...)people will start to think they were scammed.

I only just recently had to 'relearn' the lesson that these kind of assumptions can be way off on today's market. Best example, Chronicle of Elyria's Kickstarterversary earned them more than $650000 in 2 weeks with not even an Alpha released after more than 3 years of development and the umpteenth time they delayed something.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Pwnstar

To be fair, it doesn’t take long to whip up a quick little update or teaser.

@Specter Oh I wondered why all the new Italian folks had all of a sudden started posting. Good to hear some news. Just that one little post has already generated alot of replies and forum activity lol.

@Pwnstar said in Next test phase:

People will start to think they were scammed.

I don't understand this logic. This is a small team, it will take time for them to do anything with the game. It's best for them to put their heads down and code the game, saving communication for when we have test weekends for maximum impact.

people have read past scams on kickstarter. so they assume all are scams. sometimes they back anyways. sometimes the project will just send an update with a link to the website post about the update.

a little reminder that the project is still go is better than nothing at all while the KS comments fill up with rage.

also Crowfall updated today on KS!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I am excited to see more news. So much has been getting talked about lately but many people I think have forgotten about this title.

• Does anybody have any idea on how Alpha 2 will work? Will the game be available to test for weeks at a time, or only on weekends?

Wait, wait, wait....people are starting to think this is taking too long. Haha, I'm out.

It's been about 8 days since anyone mentioned capes. Just mentioning it. Rumplebuttskin must be working very hard.

@Esoba said in Next test phase:

Wait, wait, wait....people are starting to think this is taking too long. Haha, I'm out.

ikr. lol. it is sad to see how impatient people are getting the further into the 2000's we go.

a little reminder that the project is still go is better than nothing at all while the KS comments fill up with rage.

I'm not sure that's true. They would have to pay somebody to do it or stop coding to do it themselves, both of which are bad news when you have a small team and a deadline to meet.

people have read past scams on kickstarter. so they assume all are scams. sometimes they back anyways.

This comment made my day, the future of our planet !

Keeping community satisfied and updated is one part of marketing strategy. Every community member is a potential customer and I suggest to keep that in mind.

Capes you say... does that include only classic capes or modern capes as well? 🙂 Capes that slide sideways down one shoulder... perhaps ponchos as well? 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I'm not sure that's true. They would have to pay somebody to do it or stop coding to do it themselves, both of which are bad news when you have a small team and a deadline to meet.

I actually disagree with this. I by no means think they’re updating us with too little information. However, saying these updates take away from development is rather silly.

Any developer worth their salt (regardless of the field) has a journal that they log things down in. An update would literally consist of copy and pasting from that journal. Similarly they’re probably creating updates to inform their fellow team members of their progress.

And if they’re not doing these things currently, I recommend taking up similar practices 😉

@Pluto So you're going with "stop coding and do it themselves". Hmmmm.

they have a community manager. i doubt that title is given to a head programmer. it could but i doubt it.

now, that CM should be going around and collecting some information to post in a monthly KS update.
    they went to an Italian game convention and nothing was mentioned about it (at least no email or update I remember). that could have been a great update to let those near the event meet with the team. but no, they kept communications to zero and we didn't know until it was mentioned after the fact.

that is just poor communication. it's something i expect from a teen telling their parents what's happening in school. it isn't something a company that asked for cash to product should do. Some KS projects have been going for 5 years and are still producing updates. Star Citizen decided, and after 7-10 years, to stop updating via KS. THAT i understand but DS should still use KS for updates for 5 years at least. Now KS aside, we should have updates, regardless of KS.

I know the dev's are hard are work on the game. Personally I am ok that its been a while since they updated us with something. But my concern is that I see waning traffic on the forum and fewer new people checking in on the hello forum (I assume this correlates few new people joining us). I assume this means that community members have given their attention to something else (another game perhaps?) and will forget about Fractured. We definitely need something from the Devs to reengage the existing community and be of interest to new folks.

Like mentioned, there is a community manager for a reason.. And what it comes for the other staff, even they are really busy with developing the game, I see it as an invest for the future to pop up now and then to take part to few conversations with the community or publish some new news. Content pills series is a good starting point, but something extra would be nice.

@Tuoni said in Next test phase:

Like mentioned, there is a community manager for a reason.. And what it comes for the other staff, even they are really busy with developing the game, I see it as an invest for the future to pop up now and then to take part to few conversations with the community or publish some new news. Content pills series is a good starting point, but something extra would be nice.

I agree with this, and hope they consider posting more on a weekly basis.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Pluto So you're going with "stop coding and do it themselves". Hmmmm.

It’s like you didn’t read a thing I said. Nice.

Suppose I can’t argue with someone like that haha 😉

They should already be doing these practices internally. Making some things external (requiring some censorship and stripping of information, which can be done by a community manager no?) would take no time at all.

The fact that people think it takes away time from development is mind boggling. It is productive towards development.

Creating some big PR video ala star citizen DOES take away from development, as it’s just flashy nonsense to create hype. But that’s less than ideal and not what people are asking for I think.

To be abundantly clear... I think the content pill updates are one hundred percent sufficient. I am just saying they don’t take away from development.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured