Next test phase

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Gothix said in Next test phase:

Well most topics have been discussed already "to the death" 😉 so it's either a "chill time" or drama arguing about stuff we don't know enough about yet. I prefer chill. 😉

That being said, everyone can use new threads to post some of their own interesting suggestions. Devs surely follow the community, and if there is a suggestion interesting enough, that fits into Fractured philosophy... you never know what will catch devs interest. 😉

That is not true we dont argue at alllll!

@Gothix Exactly my point sir. Of those active threads yesterday 3 were in the off topic section. Also that are fewer and fewer folks saying hi in the hello thread. I know the devs follow the forum and that they have been occupied doing some arcane ritual I don't understand 'porting' stuffs, but they really need to give us something soon.

Yes, I tend to agree it can be hard to hold interests as the news is slow.

If it wasn't for the leveling system , I believe the forums would be even slower.

We gamers can be a very fickle bunch.

@Jimbolini said in Next test phase:

If it wasn't for the leveling system , I believe the forums would be even slower.

Tbh, I would not check the forums daily if there would not be foundation program. Simply because there is not enough intresting topics to discuss with atm.

we need another in depth Spotlight, which we haven't had for 14-ish months! yeah the pills are neat but they don't really give us anything to converse about.

i'm at a point where i'd like to know more details about crafting. or more details about systems.

@Jetah said in Next test phase:

we need another in depth Spotlight, which we haven't had for 14-ish months! yeah the pills are neat but they don't really give us anything to converse about.

i'm at a point where i'd like to know more details about crafting. or more details about systems.

yeah im checking the forums down to 1/2times a day before i was on 5/10...

things are majorly stale in the info department

cant wait for them to finsh porting

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jimbolini said in Next test phase:

We gamers can be a very fickle bunch.

I'm sure that's exactly why posting is one of the ways to gain points.

But honestly, most people go into off-topic to get their daily points anyway, as I've been resorted to doing as well.

@Specter said in Next test phase:

(...)They're almost done with porting Fractured to the new SpatialOS version.

Any chance to get some feedback on how useful the switch is proving for them so far? Maybe the developers could provide some insight in what they like or dislike about the switch.

we can't blame the devs for not giving us something interesting soon enough. some devs go literally 6 months at a time, or even up to a year and a half before they bring something exciting and new to light. we are pretty lucky here to have devs here that actually chat with us as part of the community, and despite how busy they are, provide us with minor progress reports. getting something, even if only once a month or two, is better than once every 6 months or more. give the devs a bit of a break people.

half the idea of the forum is for us to come up with creative and interesting ideas for the devs after all... how many of you are showcasing your amazing ideas to the devs instead of commenting on what they are showcasing?

I think alot of folks have come up with some interesting ideas. However, I'm pretty sure most would agree we don't want new stuff added as we would like to see the game published close to on time lol. New systems would definitely delay it's official release. Even changes to existing systems, unless they are minor, would cause delays. I mentioned once before that players eat up new content faster than devs can produce it. That's why new releases have so many problems. Publishers are forced to release stuff before it can properly get tested to keep the player base interested. We players are such a fickle bunch lol.

Taking care of the community and keeping up their intrest is one important part of marketing strategy. More could be done in that sector tbh..

• Wiki Editor

Devs are usually cellar kids who don‘t talk much 😉
    Social interacting takes also time they don‘t have at the moment, if we look to the things they have to get done.

So i take it like @Gothix, just chilling and drinking ☕ and thinking about the best receipes for Shrooffee (TM). 😉

@Xzait said in Next test phase:

we can't blame the devs for not giving us something interesting soon enough. some devs go literally 6 months at a time, or even up to a year and a half before they bring something exciting and new to light. we are pretty lucky here to have devs here that actually chat with us as part of the community, and despite how busy they are, provide us with minor progress reports. getting something, even if only once a month or two, is better than once every 6 months or more. give the devs a bit of a break people.

half the idea of the forum is for us to come up with creative and interesting ideas for the devs after all... how many of you are showcasing your amazing ideas to the devs instead of commenting on what they are showcasing?

I've backed a few MMO developers and they all have constant information coming out. Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen, Crowfall and Fractured. Fractured is the only one that has gone multiple months without new information (talking news here not small tweets/pills of info). When I have to remind the Fractured staff to post test info on Kickstarter it tells me they haven't organized their information well enough. They may be great at programming and sales but keeping backers update isn't something they're use to and it'll bite them on the KS platform.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Kralith

I’ve never understood the “takes time” argument. I’m not in game dev, but I am in development... the most effective projects already create design documents that are analogous to dev blogs and such. I’m sure that’s even more true in game development actually

I can’t imagine they don’t write things down and map things out. Heck, considering I’m sure they have investors outside of us... creating little update packages for them could potentially procure more interest from them. No? And of course from us lowly crowdfunders... well not from me. They lost me as a source when they sold packages for less than the Kickstarter 😉

Anyway, it would be nice to see some more detailed information about the systems going into fractured. It’s always nice to see a team planning extensively before development... otherwise you can end up with a nightmare of a project. Thankfully they’ve done pretty well on that front so far, it’s just always nice to see more

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah

Just to point out, but those projects have much bigger teams. And even then, I’m sure they had months of stale content. Star citizen sure did... 2016 anyone?!

A project that IS similar in scope to fractured is dual universe. They’ve had some silent periods as they’ve hammered away... but they also found that communication is key 😉

... well not from me. They lost me as a source when they sold packages for less than the Kickstarter 😉

I dont understand this point, why do you care if someone gets it for cheaper?

The kickstarter and crowdfunding is like a here have my money I want this game to succeed, if them lowering the price increases the chance the game will succeed it means your money is not wasted

Also finding your random mid sentence and end of sentence winking disturbing

Why you winking lol

I backed Firefly Online through the Cortex on steam and we are going on like 3 years now with no word that the game was even cancelled lol.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Xzoviac

Not to derail the topic too much, but the act is pretty predatory. Let’s increase the number of packs we have in an allotment (this isn’t a big deal), and let’s make them $100 cheaper too.

It shows they don’t appreciate the initial Kickstarter pledging at all. They’re willing to compromise with newer backers at a lower price point. End of story.

I don’t despise the devs or anything, I still want the game to be great. I just won’t put another dime down.

Acting like the success of this game rode on the coat tails of that sale is absolutely asinine haha. It is what it is. If they were in sorry straights on cash, the current store would be worlds different. Also, I can’t imagine we would be the source they would turn to. Unless it was a last resort 😉

Acting like that sale was paramount would be like saying my lack of further support will drastically impact the end state of the game.

*did the whole winky on purpose here of course. I usually use it to drive home a cheeky point

Edit:
    It was a pretty weird sale, the only packs that were cheaper than the Kickstarter were the aristocrat and the creator. It’s like they targeted those who risked the most in the Kickstarter. Outside of the 2 higher packs of course. It was just an entirely weird situation. I’m surprised no one else believes the sale was messed up. If anything it should have been a blanket % sale that anyone could take part in. Even then, bad move... but not as crazy

Sorry for the derailment, but it is something I believe pretty strongly in. Your kickstarter backers go in on nothing more than a dream. And you turn around and offer the same for less to people who can actually see some development and a barebones project? Shame on you. And you haven’t even acknowledged it yet.

Guys, you are winking at each other a bit too much. It's concerning. 😉

Wait, did I just wink there? Uh...

@Gothix said in Next test phase:

Guys, you are winking at each other a bit too much. It's concerning. 😉

Wait, did I just wink there? Uh...

The wink has caught on we are all doomed 😉 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured