Runescape-like safe bank/storage.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I've watched all the Q&A and there was something that I flagged as a potential deal-breaker for some players, and that is - your stored items are not safe.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, here is my understanding so far:

• your house chest is the only storage for your materials/gear.
    • town house will be lost if governor kicks you out or another group overtakes.
    • wilderness house will be lost when it decays/when carpenter NPC runs out of payment.

This is very discouraging if I spend days/months crafting items and their storage-wise safety is not guaranteed. Game requires you to be active almost daily to protect your gear, 24 hours being the minimum (exile by governor alert).

I really would like to see some kind of permanent banking/storage system run by NPCs. Runescape system comes to mind. I haven't logged in (because of combat"revolution" and it's not an adult-friendly mmo) for a decade but I know all my santa hats are safe, and that storage safety is free.

What do you think.

• Cities can build banks that are presumably safe, but I don't know what happens if a governor destroys a bank or the bank is lost due to a town decaying back into a hamlet. Also, item storage is local; you can't access items in a bank in City A from a bank in City B . Guilds will also have their own banks.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/6809/suggestions/7 has a whole long debate on banking, among other things.

Like @Target said, a bank account that's accessible from multiple towns isn't likely. A basic storage bank does seem likely, however, as do commercial warehouses and the like. We do know that a player has some protections if they're forced out by a governor (ie, if you are exiled, your house isn't immediately open to looters), but I don't think we've had an in-depth explanation of what that means, so, good question, that. I'm hopeful your stuff get's pocket dimensioned for a period of time while you get yourself together, with the option to withdraw from, but not return things to, the pocket space until it is empty, or the time expires, at which point the remaining contents are spilled out at your location (and that time, for this purpose, only passes when you are online).

third hand, since material in bank A isn't associated with material in bank B, and because towns can be destroyed and looted, I rather expect that the bank can be at risk in a number of ways. I am hopeful that the bank ai includes systems like "town is under siege - ask the bank depositors if they'd like to spend money to move to a safer bank" which in turn spawns a quest to hire adventures to safe-guard the the bank's transport cart(s), paying the sum total of the depositors' agreed-to proceeds to them at the end, if it gets to a safe-and-neutral town's bank. Don't pay in (because you think the siege will be lifted, for example), and your stuff stays put when the caravan leaves. Same thing for a delivery service - if you don't want to hup the goods yourself, you need to pay someone or something to hup them for you.

hopefully someone that can survive bandits XD

• TF#10 - CONSUL

well yeah, I hate their item/loot system. Some people might like it, but I think the game will be garbage for me if the stupid items/loots can't even be kept safe 90% of the time.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Sounds like normal gear won't be amazing/rare (no legendary items?), just tailored for specific uses, and some resources are heavy, so looting may not work quite the same way as in other games.

Here's hoping, however, that cosmetic purchased items can't be looted.

I'd suggest that if town bank is lost (for any reason), the building itself "vanishes" but a bunch of chests (with appropriate loot rights) wait on the ground for owners to come and pick up their stuff (and take them wherever they want afterwards, it's their own problem). Chests are guarded by several NPCs for a few days (let's say a week) after which chests remain unguarded. Loot rights still remain but now there is a danger of "stuff" being stolen (with thieves getting marked appropriately of course).

If during next week (so total 14 days after bank was lost) still something remains there, it vanishes completely.

I mean, if players come to this game and expect a WoW style banking, they are playing the wrong game. 😉

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@chrightt Strictly speaking, 90% of your loot is going to be safe 90% of the time - the stuff in danger is only what you carry - anything in your house is sacrosanct as long as the house is still standing, and the bank is just a handier (and possibly more expansive) storage location for things you don't want in your house (like the 300 pounds of ore you have that doesn't fit in your mineral bin at your smithy). We're talking about weird edge cases that shouldn't be too common in the actual game. And if you want the extra protection, go live on Arboreus (which is what I'm doing), since there are serious restrictions on besieging towns

(at the moment, the plan is to give a player 24 hours from when they get booted from the town, or when a town is lost to siege, to get their stuff out. probably want to hire some people to guard you while you move your stuff, but it's not an instant loss of everything you own. depending on how that turns out, the value and mechanisms can be changed during alpha/beta/post-release. As I noted above, I'd kind of prefer a pocket storage thing on bounce, lasting 24 hours I guess, but your stuff is weightless, and you can freely get to a new place to set-up in a reasonable way [ie - if you need to clear an area to make a free space, you can])

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I wasn't proposing having access to same storage from multiple location (though that would be heaven), just the 100% safety of stored items. Banking guild should be run by NPCs, storage is free, but transfers between locations would cost. I'm thinking about game of thrones right now, regardless of politics, the bank is a neutral, immune entity. Just makes no sense for effort to be wiped just because someone wants to take a break.

@mae
    every city can have a bank which isn't linked to other city banks. housing is safe from what we understand and chest in there shouldn't be pickable. now the land around the house, that might not be safe.

if you're on the beast planet then you're 99% safe anyways.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

This post is deleted!

• Community Manager

@therippyone Not just serious restrictions, sieges are outright impossible on Arboreus. Towns and houses are totally safe there.

@boogis Whoa, calm down there. 😲

@boogis said in Runescape-like safe bank/storage.:

games are about pain and lose.

LOL: silly me, I thought games were about having fun! 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Only things that should take months to craft would be large things like some siege weapons and buildings, plus gear shouldn't take a day to craft. So what does it matter if your gear is looted if you can remake full sets in let then a day?

@specter
    problem is boogis is right. there will be people from now until the servers are shut down that will scream for item security even going as far to pay for item locks.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

This post is deleted!

if you wanna rob enemy city bank

screams in demon on the human planet

this would be so much fun!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

This post is deleted!

@jetah yeah as more screems as better. today i screem tomorrow you do )))

if you put some effort to build a city and no one could destroy it then if it will be attacked you wont enter the game to protect it. cos you dont need. YOU ARE SECURED. why to bother?

i'd love the banks being loot when a city is sieged and won. this would be a great reason to try to take a city.

but i'd also love a way to steal from a bank without taking over the city.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

This post is deleted!

Generally the more risk in game, the emotions will run higher. Anticipation, fear, adrenaline. For me this makes game a lot more fun to play.

But I know that some people love safety so they do not feel all this emotions, but rather wish to play calmly.

This is why we have several planets with different rules. 😉

Of course, some things need to remain equal on all planets, as to not give advantage to one race, because this race can still travel to another planet and attack other race.

For example giving strong PvE boost on Arboreus (increased stats vs monsters, centralized bank, better housing etc.) would not be OK, even if this is PvE planet, because beast-kins would then advance faster then humans and demons, and in times when they would travel to Syndesia or Tartaros and do PvP, they would have unfair advantage due to accumulated strength they received due to these boosts.

This is why devs do not have an easy job to balance different planet play styles, with some rules that have to remain the same for all planets.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured