Kickstarter Update - Start Date & Video Teaser #1

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

yeaaay 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Looks amazing especially for an alpha game! I really like the attack speed, I hope end game attack speed can be slightly faster but not so fast that it reaches PoE/D3 level because I hate it when you can basically do several actions per second and just run through mobs like no tomorrow. Makes killing creeps seem tedious grind rather than creatures you actually have to fear. Too bad both of you were using the same type of weapon, 😞 as I would've liked to see two different ones. This teaser looks MUCH better than the last reveal which made the game look static and boring to play. Also, I hope we have the option to show numbers for our HP/resource bars.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

is not the best video for a teaser xD

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Oh, I've just seen the kickstarter date was the same with the school report ceremony. If I made a success my year, I'll pay for a pack 😛

Great video. Liked it.

• @jetah said in Kickstarter Update - Start Date & Video Teaser #1:

one of the few times i'll watch a youtube video about video games!

the video looks like a generic arpg set in the swamp to showcase music.
    I'm not sure about the other video but I'd suggest you showcase some more of the 400 skills you have.
    IF possible have one of the beastkin or demon in one of the videos.

The swamp looks good, the attacks seemed pretty generic (i know it's pre-alpha although it's really more like internal testing) and they should get some polish at some point.
    Show some of the armor too! people love looking unique.

to me what will make this game different is the beastkin and demon. If you can showcase a siege or some pvp (with both of those races) then it'll appeal to those that want to pvp.
    from that video alone it looks like a poe copy.

if you can have a live stream during the kickstarter to show more, then i'd suggest you try to coordinate that. show some pve and pvp in the live stream so people understand the game is PvX (both).

This, if you want to have a good campain show the real soul of the game. I dont like much the font of damage, the blue numbers for spells in particular.. and was better picking some trinity or at least a melee\tank and a ranger\dps or healer for doing actually the first video of gameplay you released..

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I would love to see more as well, but keep in mind the game is still in pre-alpha and they're having a Kickstarter for a reason. I don't think we can expect them to show a wide range of content.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@prometheus
    Hello, I have some feedback about the first video:
    The teaser sound is weird, you put the main theme you shared already, and we have a bit sound design but undermixed. I guess if you have the swamp audio ambiance it could be an improvement to add it and put the music in background.

Does the video belong to be on kickstarter?
    If so, I don't know what to think about the teaser 😕 I like it because I know and learn about the game but I guess if you put this in the front of the Kickstarter campaign, people who don't know about the game won't understand.
    For a teaser for Kickstarter I want to see a team that is enjoying, because motivate and will Shure keep their words. I want to hear something that show they have everything to make the best.
    And this because i am not buying a game, I am sponsoring a team to make a game and having the game after is a reward for the investment.

I love what you are doing about the game and can't wait to see the other videos as well. 😃
    keep it up dev team!

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Haha that looney tunes walk is really priceless. Also, with the environment looking so good in pre-alpha already I can't even imagine how good the polished product will look, keep it up folks!

@rotul @Prometheus I think the same, even a small movie of a pvp scene, with people dressed as an end game, and mounts ... to take the viewer

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Looks great but even more then the previous video it shows the weakness of mouse move - you either more or attack.

• DymStudios - CEO

@staticsprite said in Kickstarter Update - Start Date & Video Teaser #1:

Are you also going to show us some insides of the dev studio in the kickstarter teasers?

Not in the teaser videos, but in the campaign video itself, sure!

@Jetah this teaser had beastmen, the second one will have humans, the third at least one demon. They'll also give glimpses of resources gathering, building, towns, PvP @00 😉 Showing a lot of spells is impossible, simply because we don't have them. Kickstarter has indeed slowed us down, as @Logain correctly guessed, but that's also because we need to develop the basics of all the core components of Fractured (world generation, gathering, crafting, building, town management, travelling, the knowledge system, etc) before focusing on a single one like abilities.

@rotul said in Kickstarter Update - Start Date & Video Teaser #1:

If so, I don't know what to think about the teaser I like it because I know and learn about the game but I guess if you put this in the front of the Kickstarter campaign, people who don't know about the game won't understand.

It won't be at the front of the KS campaign - the first couple minutes will feature a mix of the team working in the office and different gameplay clips, showcasing PvE, PvP, gathering, building, etc 🙂

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@tulukaruk I do not consider it a weakness. If you have played League of Legends, you will know that stutter step (moving, attacking, moving very quickly again to cancel the attack animation as soon as you have attacked), is a very high skill cap mechanic. High skill cap games are always good! If it was just WASD plus a fire button in the area where you are aimed at, you will remove a ton of skill expression and make it far more arcade like.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Thanks for the clarification @prometheus 🙂 Looking forward to the Alpha!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Awesome video.

I am secretly hoping for some underground areas as well. 🙂 Both public and personal.

Personal built player mini dungeons (under his own housing) could be super fun.

awesome!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Prometheus Is it normal the first gameplay video (with the humans) has been replaced by the kickstarter video in the news ? ^^

• Community Manager

@esher No, that's not intended. 😛 Thanks for the report.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I can't wait

• Wiki Editor

Awwwww THESE Mushrooms!
    Will they be the base for nice and crazy drugs for dream travels? 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured