Weapon upgrading

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I really want to know if you will be able to upgrade weapons and how weapon crafting works will weapons have rarity tags and maybe there own level
    Going to be honest I made this post because I was bored

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@crache The rarity of the weapon will not
    All the stats when crafting will be the same (no random)
    Accordingly, the strength of the weapon will depend on the created resource

Here you can read useful information

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Lol nvm I read it

You can´t upgrade your equipment, but there are two ways to enhance it. I think it was enchanting with a scroll and sockeling a gem or something? All three (the part of the equipment, the scroll, the gem) of those need to be crafted.

As for crafting, you will have a recipe (which may have a Attribute Point requirement, something like you need 10 int to craft a staff or something like that). There also are not tiers / quality on crafted gear. Everything is the same quality. You have a recipe and you can craft it with different materials.

So, let´s take a Longsword Recipe as example. You can craft this Longsword with wood, which will result in an wooden longsword. The wooden longsword has some specific stats, which will always be the same when you craft a Longsword with wood. If you craft the Longsword with stone, you will get a stone longsword, with a different specific set of stats (different from the one craftet with wood) , which will not change no matter how often you craft it with stone.

And since you mentioned lvl in your questions... there will be no lv system in Fractured. Not for your character and not for crafting and stuff. I guess the only thing you could see as "levels" is the three "levels" a skill can have.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@eurav said in Weapon upgrading:

So, let´s take a Longsword Recipe as example. You can craft this Longsword with wood, which will result in an wooden longsword. The wooden longsword has some specific stats, which will always be the same when you craft a Longsword with wood. If you craft the Longsword with stone, you will get a stone longsword, with a different specific set of stats (different from the one craftet with wood) , which will not change no matter how often you craft it with stone.

Yeah, kind of disappointed when I saw this. I hope not all gear just look the same in endgame (what I mean is I hope if I'm using a spear I'm not just choosing diamond spear because that is the best spear in game). That would be incredibly boring gear-wise and dumb down their whole idea of having various builds because gear is so limited.

Example: If I want to use a spear as a weapon, I can't choose between three or even two spears (For example one spear gives bonus to X skill while the other has higher base attack speed, and the last one deals 30% bonus damage when opponent has bleed status). If there are no gear selection it would limit the build selection especially because Fractured is marketed as a "horizontal" progression game where you can have more diverse skills that combo together to help you produce effects.

With large variety of skill usually comes inefficiencies in most possible combinations; therefore, it still leads to certain combinations of skills being better than others. This can be changed/alleviated by having more than one system (example: game not only based purely on skill, equipment matters for builds). I really hope gear is not too generic to make a well made skill system seem boring. 😞

• @eurav said in Weapon upgrading:

You can´t upgrade your equipment, but there are two ways to enhance it. I think it was enchanting with a scroll and sockeling a gem or something? All three (the part of the equipment, the scroll, the gem) of those need to be crafted.

As far as I know enchanting is the only way to "upgrade" your gear, and the scrolls and gems you mention are just different ways to enchant (there are also spells). We don't know if the different ways to enchant stack.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Hi all
    Thx to Vengu, we have a compendium of information about weapon crafting (7b and 8 )

@target said in Weapon upgrading:

As far as I know enchanting is the only way to "upgrade" your gear, and the scrolls and gems you mention are just different ways to enchant (there are also spells). We don't know if the different ways to enchant stack.

Yeah that´s what I meant, sry if it did not come across correctly. And yeah, forgot about the spells 🤔

@chrightt
    Well I think to prevent a specific team of players with a specific build to be the best build, I think they need to have different environments for fight spots. Like for every siege, that the environment is somewhat different, that some "not meta" strategy will actually work, just because of the change in terrain.

As for the items, I think either making the different materials result in weapons which are only good in specific situations (so you would need a different one for each) or having not just a recipe for a spear but a lot of different recipes for a spear, which will result in spears which are good in different situations. I think we will get to see some of both.

I think this is what they are going for. To get strong in Fractured you need to be able to know as much as possible so you are able to choose the "best" set of equipment and skills for the different situations you will find yourself in. With this knowing your enemy will also be very important.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

i think and also i hope that weapon can be skin custom like armor

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Do remember that the game is full loot, so the goal of the game would probably be to build up your settlements and gain influence rather that getting the perfectly grinded 3 star OP weapon that you will lose the moment you die to a player.

i played a few asian games where you upgraded your gear and at first i loved it but then it gets to a point where you never see gear drops.

i've been more excited in games that offer different gear with better stats.

Initially, imagining that an item that took you time to update it may be broken is not the best of feelings but over time realizes that it is something necessary. ✌

@meninodeouro
    it was given to you at level 5 and upgraded as you leveled (with materials) to epic or whatever quality but there was never a "oh wow a new weapon with much better stats" because you just didn't do that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt I think if they follow one of a few prior models in gaming they could be alright. For example, the best material sets in game could have at least 8 different materials, each with their own strengths. Maybe you have that diamond spear, which is the best for pure attack power. But then maybe there's some deposits of 'Golian's Puke' that came from a terrible beast that is now slumbering as another material, and that can cause the weapon to have a poisonous element to it. Maybe there's Corundum, and that causes it to weigh more but have a big defense boost due to the stronger haft. Etc.

Seen it several times, and it offers some of that variety you ask for via the crafting systems out there.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target said in Weapon upgrading:

There was a mention about Enchanting in Skills galore spotlight:

The focus of spells belonging to the school of Enchanting is to infuse elemental powers into items and creatures to create temporary or permanent magical effects.

and then:

Users of Enchanting can even apply its principles to crafting, creating powerful items able to improve the combat ability of the person holding them, which can be subsequently sold or traded.

• @jetah said in Weapon upgrading:

i played a few asian games where you upgraded your gear and at first i loved it but then it gets to a point where you never see gear drops.

i've been more excited in games that offer different gear with better stats.

I felt like that in archeage.. upgrading and breaking were the worst. Personally I like the idea of some weapon crafting consuming an earlier tier of product. So tier 1 sword needed for tier 3.. etc etc.. By always requiring a T1 sword, the crafter will continue to steadily increase their proficiency crafting all swords. I'm a fan of diminishing returns, but just something to sink lower tier crafted products while serving a useful purpose.

@vortech
    that works if the crafting process requires you to craft 50 of an item to craft the next tier (like WoW).
    I much prefer Eve Online crafting system where you use refined materials and there's no need to level your skill. Although EO has skills that rank up that unlock harder to manufacture blueprints (crafting recipes). This way you don't need to make 100 frigate ships to unlock enough points to start cruiser ships.

Now I can see Fracture needing a type of mass production system because gear is supposedly easily replaced. I can't see a handful of crafters pushing out all the gear for a whole guild or alliance.

@jetah said in Weapon upgrading:

I much prefer Eve Online crafting system where you use refined materials and there's no need to level your skill. Although EO has skills that rank up that unlock harder to manufacture blueprints (crafting recipes). This way you don't need to make 100 frigate ships to unlock enough points to start cruiser ships.

That sounds cool. 🙂

Upgrades in Wurm Online are a tedious clickfest (items can be 1 - 100 quality, and you improve them with tools: which involves mind-numbing repetition, especially since you need more skill to be able to improve things to higher quality, and you get more skill by, you guessed it, more imping).

In short, the process isn't fun, although the capabilities unlocked by high-quality gear -is- fun.

I'm hoping Fractured makes both crafting gear, and using it, fun. 🙂

@roccandil
    only problem with Eve is skill training time is based on real time. So if you want to build tech 2 crussers then you need 6 months of real time to do it. Manufacturing has skills that reduce build time and refined materials needed, again those skills are behind real times.

If @Prometheus and crew decided to use the Knowledge trees for this then it could work the same manor. If cloth was craftable by everyone but you needed knowledge to craft leather, mail, plate (and any exotic types) but you wouldn't ever need to produce 500 of each type to reach the next threshold of crafting levels.

• Wiki Editor

@jetah Prometheus said in a Q&A, that if you know how to produce a Hammer, you will know how to produce it forever, but as you said, do you want to make an iron hammer, you need to figure out, how to get iron, in meaning of, you need the knowledge about iron to know that you can produce an iron hammer.

Me personally like these kind of crafting.
    It is very expandable and flexible.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured