A quick recap about the foundation and its future

• Hello was just wondering if we can have some additional information about the foundation. Its a while that some people got over level 200 and there is still no additional rewards.
    And if we can know, at what phase will the foundation close? is possible to close it at certain level too, so people that join latern can have a chance to reach the cap rewards too.

I know that there are way more important things to work on like the prealpha, but you create this cutie thing and if you focus once in a while on it im sure that it will bear its own fruits.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

its a way to promote the game.
    in one of @Prometheus last posts he said that he going to put more rewards.
    and in an older post he said that in the future he will close it, but no time frame was offered.
    the pre alfa test key, that is decide with this list too, going to start this month but no one know when they will give out the keys, maybe @Specter knows?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

After pre-alpha, they should hand out trial keys or buddy keys through the Foundation, to keep it going.

@grofire said in A quick recap about the foundation and its future:

(...)the pre alfa test key, that is decide with this list too(...)

That is only partly true. A high rank won't guarantee you a key and even if you have a low rank, you can still 'win' a key through a raffle where each of the ambassador and engagement wins is an entry.

• Community Manager

@00 I actually had a discussion with Prometheus about the Foundation a few days ago.

• Prometheus hasn't made a decision yet on when the Foundation will end. It will depend on the amount of activity without it.
    • He's not entirely sure more rewards are going to be added.
    • If they do get added, it will be only titles and Dynamight Gold. (He didn't say anything about Founder chests so I'm not sure about those).
    • There are no plans to release any reward tiers beyond lvl 300, so should he decide to add more tiers, that will be the hard cap.

@Logain The top 100 will most certainly get a key.

Edit: Do keep in mind that everything is subject to change. 😉

@specter do we have a date on pre alfa keys giveaway? and pre alfa start date ?

• Community Manager

@grofire Not yet. 😉

@grofire said in A quick recap about the foundation and its future:

@specter do we have a date on pre alfa keys giveaway? and pre alfa start date ?

Of course they do. They just like to torture us by not telling. 😉

actually a hard cap on the level would be a good thing as more people would eventually get there.

• Wiki Editor

I am fine with the rewards we still have.
    For new people it will look very unreachable.
    I think the rewards till 200 are quite okay for now.

I'm here 6 months now. I was super active every single day and I have won multiple drawings, and I'm only level 166 still.

I'd say 200 is more then enough to have. The only way to go more is to recruit hundreds of people (people even created multiple fake accounts for this reason).

Without huge amount of recruits, even by being super active every day and win drawings it will be practically impossible to reach 300, even 200 is not easy.

@gothix
    the leveling xp needed could be reduced for the first 150-200 levels if they decide to increase the levels past 300.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

don't forget that they could decide to simply gift people like 100 levels because why the heck not. No seriously, is there actually a demand for more rewards? Isn't like half a ton of free shit, guaranteed early access and so on already more than enough? I would eat half of you ppl for the chance that many of you have earned simply by knowing of this game sooner than me. Also you lot do know that greater publicity and monetary support is in all of our interest if we which for this game to succed, right? Right. Yeah right. totally.

Lets all just form a circle, hold each others hands and sing "we get free stuff~ we get free stuff~ we get free stuff~" while someone in any given corner of the room plays a retarded tune on a flute.

(meanwhile the rest of us sharpens their talons~)

@demilich
    but it'll be easier to level now with the KS backer emails pointing to a news post so you can tweet and FB it.

But i agree the free stuff is great for just being active on the forums, it's the first i've seen from a developer.

@specter said in A quick recap about the foundation and its future:

(...)@Logain The top 100 will most certainly get a key.(...)

I can't provide a source, as I don't remember if it was Discord or the forum, but @Prometheus once stated that being in the foundation ranking was no guarantee for getting a key, since they were looking for 'good feedback' and if they had the feeling somebody wouldn't provide good feedback, they would not get a key, regardless on their foundation ranking.

• Community Manager

@logain Well, that's correct in the sense that someone who is really toxic isn't going to get a key, even if they are in the top 100. However, I don't think anyone in the top 100 is considered toxic right now.

Edit: Accidently put my comment in your post instead of a reply. that's a first. 😛

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@specter sad thing is that those who've entered it earlier can get all the newsletter points, for example, and daily posting was a bad idea IMO. It seems like it was something that should've motivated players to communicate via forums more, creating an active and lively community, but amouts of details about the game is so scarse that people barely have anything to talk about. There could be more details, even for prealpha. Not ready decisions, but some thoughts devs have in mind on different aspects of the game maybe. "We're thinking if we'll add a rubber duck mount or not" will spark discussions much better than current "daily posting" does. It's pretty much degraded to "daily post" type of posts in the specific thread.

So those who've entered earlier only have to write daily posts to stay in the top-100, and they'll have a headstart with 3200 more points for reading newsletters earlier before, which will never be sent again. To catch up with this 3200 penalty you've got, you have to bring 22(*150 points) people who'll reach level 10 - so they show some interest in the game, and this is pretty much the only way to catch up at the moment, and there is also no community contests to be seen (or maybe there was none while I'm here) to win or anything else of this sort.

Despite it's disadvantages, it should live forever I think so, just to promote good forum activity, which is the "face" of the game community. Like, if you don't see any forum activity, you might think the game itself is dead aswell.
    Just make sure all activily will not be contained in one "Daily posting" thread.

• @dcccxix said in A quick recap about the foundation and its future:

It seems like it was something that should've motivated players to communicate via forums more

It probably has. I honestly wouldn't be here if I wasn't incentivized to post here at the beginning. I usually don't participate on specific game forums, mostly just on reddit. The problem is, as you've said, the lack of anything to really talk about, but the forum does get a lot more active for awhile after major news updates. And without the daily post thread, you'd get a lot more people spamming "welcome" in the welcome forum, or shitposting, or other low quality posts all over the place so people could get their points. We still get these from time to time when people don't notice the daily post thread.

@specter said in A quick recap about the foundation and its future:

Edit: Accidently put my comment in your post instead of a reply. that's a first. 😛

That's a cool way to reply for a mod. 😄 Just sign yourself and that's it.

@dcccxix said in A quick recap about the foundation and its future:

It seems like it was something that should've motivated players to communicate via forums more, creating an active and lively community, but amouts of details about the game is so scarse that people barely have anything to talk about.

You can check my post history if you wish.

I've been here 6 months now and have been posting every day multiple times in various threads. I'm at ~900 posts right now, and not a single one of those posts have been just a "daily post" comment. Each one of my posts has an actual content, and I've posted on average 5 posts per day through entire 6 months I've been here.

So it's not correct that you can't be active and that you are forced to just spam "daily post" comment for your daily posts.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured