Gods and Alignments

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Is there any place where I can get a more detailed explanation of the different gods and alignments? I know in some places it mentioned in-game effects that occur due to the god you picked, but I haven't found a full explanation of who each god is.

In regards to my second question, what is the difference between Chaotic Good and Lawful Good? How would that difference change your path?

• Wiki Editor

@wolfkomodo46 There is a spotlight that covers alignments at https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-6-pvp-alignment-crime/

If I recall about alignment, the game really only deals in Good, Neutral, and Evil. Chaotic and Lawful don't have a significance to the game, but only to other players in how they might perceive you if I recall some older threads on the topic.

About all that is known of the gods (copied from another thread):

Elysium:

Planet: ARBOREUS (BEASTMEN)
    Will: Is thought to be the source of Arboreus’ primal energy
    Alignment: Good (Lawfull/Neutral/Chaotic) - Neutral (Lawfull/Neutral/Chaotic) - Evil (Lawfull/Neutral/Chaotic)

Nelena:

Will: Goddess of the wild and mother of all beastmen
    Alignment: Good (Neutral/Chaotic) - Neutral (Neutral/Chaotic) - Evil (Neutral/Chaotic)

Tyros:

Will: God of light and justice
    Alignment: Good (Lawfull/Neutral) - Neutral (Lawfull/Neutral)

Galvanos:

Planet: SYNDESIA (HUMANS)
    Will: God of knowledge and keeper of the nine paths of magic
    Alignment: Good (Lawfull/Neutral/Chaotic) - Neutral (Lawfull/Neutral/Chaotic) - Evil (Lawfull/Neutral/Chaotic)

Iridia:

Planet: SYNDESIA (HUMANS)
    Will: Goddess of fortune and mother of all humans

Babilis:

Planet: TARTAROS (DEMONS)
    Will: Tartaros became the prison of the dread Babilis, left to be the only god watching over the planet and its demonic progeny
    Alignment: Evil (Lawfull/Neutral/Chaotic)

@kellewic Thanks! That pretty much answers my question.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Side note: a demon can still pledge allegiance/ give offerings to a good aligned god like Tyros

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Gonna be interesting to see what kind of impact the gods have in game.

well of course we know they can give divine quest and power the more you work for one of them

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I really look forward to the potential impact of chosen god and alignment in-game. Hopefully it will be impactful.

Well, and this is just speculation - it seems to me that, if you have 6 gods, and 6 stats, and 2 are blatantly linked - Galvanos to Intelligence, and Iridia to Charisma through luck - it might be that thier blessings give something stat related - like, bearing a Blessing of Glavanos might grant a skill to enhance mp regen temporarily?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think one thing to keep in mind is that is only what we know right now of the Pantheon. I don't think we know if that is the full Pantheon yet. Also, anyone that pledged/paid for a Creator pack or above can also work with the Devs to create a minor Deity in the Pantheon so even if we only have 6 major Deities we'll have several minor ones with no idea at this point what effect they will have.

@TheRippyOne you might be right but the demons only have one god on their home planet would be kinda unfair to only be able to get one stat boost while everyone else has variety

Well we do know one minor god, Axii. His/Her temple is on Tartaros.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@cinnao said in Gods and Alignments:

Side note: a demon can still pledge allegiance/ give offerings to a good aligned god like Tyros

This is probably one of the only consistently available ways for a Demon to become an Angel.

@dj35 Fair enough, but the demons don't have to worship the demon god - my current hero is a beastman worshiping a human deity. Didn't think I could do that, but surprise surprise? It's apparently legal? Now, it may be that Demons can only go for their dude god, or the human ones, but at least it's a choice. and it may be that that's only true initially, and if you go more "moral" your available choices shift.

also, I'm willing to bet Demon god is the Strength related one, and in a lot of ways, that's the best of the bunch, given the likely outcome of worship is More Power! XD

@fibs yep i thought the exact same thing since you can probably only change from demon to angel by praying to a " good god" and from beast to abomination from praying to a "bad god"

@therippyone you are correct about that but not all demons are the same even though I like strength based builds but I think if you pray to another god you risk the prospects of turning into an angel ( which I really don't wanna do )

@cinnao yes but that's also a minor god, not a major god if a minor god and major god had the same power level it would make any sense which makes praying to them even less useful than not having another god

• TF#5 - LEGATE

This thread is pretty helpful.

@dj35 That is a possibility, though, I'm under the impression that simply being a goody-two shoes isn't enough to angelize XD like there is a quest aspect, too. Still, according to how religious quests work, they move your alignment towards that of the deity - so human gods won't get you moral enough to go heavenly body, same way my character's devotion to gambling Iridia isn't risking abomination status. Also, I kind of think that the big B's boon is going to be a universal damage upgrade, not just a physical strength one. That guy likes explosions (and pissing off Glavanos) to much not to bolster magic damage too XD no healing though. XD

@therippyone true I can't disagree with you but we won't be able to truly find out everything until they release more info

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured