NO tank mages

• i hope this is NOT going to be another mage tank class game personally im fed up with tank mages in mmo rpgs you want to be a mage fine but leave the tanking and damage dealing to classes that should be up front fighting classes

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@thegothicdevil Due to the MOBA system, we can always get together as we want.

• mages being tanks is a loser interest for me im done with char classes playing out of there bounds can think WOW for that

@thegothicdevil we have 14 schools, more than half of them are magic. we have 8 slots for skills and items from the inventory. We can gather as a tank - Humans(18 of the Constitution; 15 Intellect/Strength: 14 Dexterity 13 Perception/Charisma)

I don't mind players having full freedom to build a character in any direction they wish.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I don't see the problem here. If you can have a brick house physical fighter you can have a brick house magical fighter.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

thats...an incredibly specific thing to be mad about? why is character build customization an issue? also im pretty sure this game isn't gonna be a trinity role game, tanks might not really exist as they do in WoW+clones.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@myux said in NO tank mages:

thats...an incredibly specific thing to be mad about? why is character build customization an issue? also im pretty sure this game isn't gonna be a trinity role game, tanks might not really exist as they do in WoW+clones.

Tanks almost certainly won't exist as they're traditionally known, at least not for Neutral and Evil players; all of their DPS will be hitting their tank too.

• Wiki Editor

@thegothicdevil for first, there are no classes, at all.
    You will be able to choose whatever you want to combine with each other.
    Some things maybe work out well, some combinations will be very weak, some will be strong just in special situations.

Lets make an example:
    You are going as a UberSuperFireMage and burn all things down while your path... then you meet a little girl who seems weak as hell, but she choosed wisely at start of her journey, because she knew there is a very stronk SuperFireMage... and you try to hit her, but she has immunity against fire.
    You will lose.

Fractured is all about right combinations at the right time.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Can you give any particular reason why they shouldn't allow mages to be tanks?

If you ask me a wide variety of spells permitting one to customize their build how they please is good. Adds diversity, more options for roleplaying, easier to find a build to match your own tastes, etc.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't even think of a reason why mages shouldn't be tanks. What is to stop a caster of any variety from using their spells to defend themselves or others?

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

This just makes me want to play a tank mage. I didn't want that before, but I'm tempted to try it now. πŸ˜›

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I know what the OP is talking about. I've seen firebal shooting tanks in early Rift, full plate dps casters in ArcheAge and currently playing in gw2 a 30k hp dmg caster while my guardian has just 20k hp. But it all bepends on balancing it. The gw2 example is a bit op in large group fighting but weak solo. But the Rift example was insane, everybode rolled it and I saw whole arena's filled with tanks throwing fireballs.

Kind of a silly thing to get mad about. This is magic we're talking about. You can throw all of your notions about what you might consider "realistic" out of the window. If I can throw a Fireball while wearing a robe, I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to throw a Fireball wearing full plate armour. It'd come down to the casters preference, magic being what it is. Something that defies your expectations of reality and possibility, and lets it's wielders to amazing things.

Even from a gameplay perspective. If it's balanced, more choice is always better. Now, I may be biased, as I've always loved the idea of Battle Mages and the like, but the point(s) remains.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Playing a heavy battle mage in ElderScroll story I'm always shocked when one didn't like it... We (sorcerer, mage...) are always frustrated when we couldn't put some armor on us. Play D&D lv 1 mage to know what we suffer when priest could put some iron on πŸ™‚
    And here in Fractured, the only bound we have is our knowledge and the imagination to use it.😁

Now... Wait to see what are armors/protection on Fractured before calling to a "No tank mages" we'll be probably surprised.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I'm going to play a mage that wears a light robe and caries a wooden. I'm going to walk in front of you, knock on the ground with my staff and say "ye shall not pass". Then I'll die.

I just hope that we will be able to pick the things we like and not have to pick certain builds because they are better than others.

@thegothicdevil said in NO tank mages:

you want to be a mage fine but leave the tanking and damage dealing to classes that should be up front fighting classes

Leave the ... damage dealing ... to other classes? πŸ‘€

@gothix said in NO tank mages:

@thegothicdevil said in NO tank mages:

you want to be a mage fine but leave the tanking and damage dealing to classes that should be up front fighting classes

Leave the ... damage dealing ... to other classes? πŸ‘€

ya i didn't understood it too... wiz usually dealing a lot of damage.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@grofire Well instead of using their magic for combat, mages should use it for other things. Making an entire town drunk, enchanting doors with a booming announcer, or constantly turning the TV channel of your neighbor so they can't watch their soaps. These are obviously what mages were made for. /s

Actually now that I think about it that sounds like a lot of fun lol.

@macoman1 did u ever played RPG games?

• Wiki Editor

@grofire i guess macoman1 was writing it in a not so serious way πŸ˜‰

And yes, @macoman1 it sounds indeed fun as more as you think about.
    I would let my enemies grow furry ears and tails per example, or pignoses and curly tails... way funnier πŸ˜‰

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured