Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone!

The Kickstarter campaign has started with a boom, and we have celebrated that. Now it's time we ask ourselves the question: what could have we done better? What can we improve during the campaign?

So, without further ado, a simple question for all the people who haven't pledged yet, or who are thinking about raising their pledge tier but aren't convinced yet.

What's keeping you from pledging or upgrading your pledge? Some game feature that worries you? Other features you'd like to know more about? Or maybe you don't feel trustful enough yet and prefer to wait for testing to be running?

We'd be so grateful if you let us know, so we figure out what updates to prioritize and we can try to clear your doubts! 🙂

Thank you!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I pledged early Immortal. Waiting to see more details about housing before I consider upping my pledge.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@prometheus I pledge already but people that I talked to, says that the game look generic from the videos, so they just want to wait, maybe show the difference? Maybe more PVP and skills? Something splashy, that will give the WOW effect.

Quite a good idea to show the sketches plans: Cottage Founder, Founder, Villa, Palace Founder, Founder Manor, Castle Founder. This would clearly attract buying a more expensive set.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@prometheus I pledged as well.
    But as one member mentioned somewhere in this forum before: digital game community got disappointed a lot in the past if their beloved games were funded via Kickstarter or sth similar. They lost faith and trust in this method, and I cannot blame them. I do not have to mention all different titles everyone knows which were and so are a disaster and do not get finished.

So to convince people: a Roadmap of the development might definetly help in my opinion.
    If possible, I would apply one in the campaign details on Kickstarter.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Simmply money ^^ I don't have any job yet, and depend of my parents, and sorry, but food come before game x) (I've already lied to them saying I'll take the recruit pack and I took the one at 50€ >< )

• I'd like to see your plans for the crafting and gear system. For how integral crafting seems to be, we've barely heard anything.

And I agree with @grofire, there was nothing in the video that was particularly impressive or showed us why we should be excited to play. Don't get me wrong, I like what I've seen so far, it shows promise, but it doesn't get me pumped. I know it's probably too early in development to have much to show, but the "show" part of show and tell is what will sell people on the game.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

My reson why I havent buyed any of kickstarter packs is becouse of date that they will give me access to play the game, I mean - I need to pay 50€ for pack that will give me access to play the game ... in 2 YEARS ... well, to be honest, all other things that I would get from that pack is minor, and with that in mind I would need to pay 50€, for game that cost same as AAA games that I could buy now if I would like to, but I would not need to wait these 2 YEARS to actually play it. Dont take me wrong, im a person that know more about game developing and stuff that goes with it, but in my opinion, paying this much for access to game in, of course propably 2 years, is something ... well ... ridiculous. Also I keep in mind that in my country 50€ is more then you think, like for me living where I live, this is more like paying maybe 70/80€, becouse of diffrent, weaker currency and stuff like that. Last thing is that I would never pay for all the alpha tests, becouse the price for this is mind blowing (150€/200€ Alpha 1 access(150€ - early bird)). This is very sad, becouse I would love to play, test, send bug reports and stuff like that right now, but there is of course no possibily, but still guys, keep on going becouse Fractured project is awasome, and I hope that this will be the game that im now waiting for, as a lot of us do!

Thanks for reading,
    ~DuendeBrek! 😉

@target In terms of video makes sense, but we have 2 sides, those who have been on the forum and new with the kickstarter.

• Those who have been on the forum saw screenshots of the game with very poor quality, but they weren't scared off, because they knew it was just the base of the structure. Then when released the teaser, it was just jerking off to graphics, to say that it simply impressed us is impossible (Yes, that is a wank of the highest degree of evaluation).

• As for the newcomers to kickstarter-Yes, perhaps what they saw was not something new in the games, they saw it in other projects, but the partition, so maybe they were not impressed by the fact that several games made one.

@DuendeBrek Dude, it's everyone's choice to choose as much as they want to pay for the project. Tell us. that at the time of release the game will cost 30 euros, so you can take a set of 20-25 euros and get in addition to a copy of the game and more awards. In my country, a maximum of how many people will pay for the game on the PC 2000 rubles=27,21€ (and I'm talking about projects AAA games, as the steam podstrivaetsya for our country, Thu one makes Sony with their games on the PlayStation, but there we at least pay the full amount for exclusives 4000 rubles)

• Community Manager

@duendebrek the cheapest pack that grants access to the game on release is €20, not €50. 😉

My reason: lack of info about towns and siege/conquer, and craft / town interaction.

I'm EB Knight, but i ''can'' upgrade to Governor with enough info.

@vollmond We were told that the news about this is already in development

Player-Made Towns

This topic is likely the most requested by the community. I mean, by far! It’s a massive one though, covering matters such as:

• How is the world map subdivided (town areas, free areas, claimed areas, neutral areas)

• Town states (haunted, abandoned, claimed)

• Governors and town politics

• War! Sieges VS open-field conquest battles

Because of this, we’ll likely split the topic into multiple feature spotlights (2, or even 3), starting with the first two points listed above.

And that was said yesterday https://fracturedmmo.com/kickstater-update-1-a-big-thank-you-and-whats-next/

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@specter said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

@duendebrek the cheapest pack that grants access to the game on release is €20, not €50. 😉

Oh, well - to be honest I havent covered that becouse I simple missed that, but - even now, that it is 20€, for beta2, so propably few weeks after beta1, it is still propably more then 2 years of waiting, for something that in this case I would be able to pay after those 2 years+, but have better vision on how the game looks, and again - dont take me wrong, im not trying to be any kind of toxic up there, but this project is something that I very like, propably would love after playing it, but there are two key things up there:

1. I will be able to play in ~2 years

2. I will get better vision of what im buying after these sad 2 years :feelsbadman:

Covering point 2: of course there are things that I would get from paying now, but as I writed above they are minor, the most important thing is the access to game, this is #1 thing that matters, and the time is sadly over it 😕

I also know that sadly this is a point and reason of other people not helping via kickstarter campaign, which is sad, and normal in same time - sad, becouse if you really want to play you need to spend tons of money, which in some cases is sadly over thing that you want to play this awesome looking game, and normal - becouse not everyone is looking at this project and rating it 100/100 before you even have some more in-depth details about very important things that would be in game.

With all the sadness,
    Thanks for reading,
    ~DuendeBrek 🙂

1. Worried about the persistence of the game in the long run, last releases like similar isometric MMO (Albion) arent doing well..
    2. Have more video contents that put a lens on (like a spotlight) of what you have in hands now..
    3. Some more info about the team and previous experiences, if any. Like putting some linkedIn profiles on KS page and on the main page.

@00 3- The development team is brand new https://fracturedmmo.com/our-journey-begins-today-with-you/
    They built the team for 3 months and then started the project

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@00 said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

1. Worried about the persistence of the game in the long run, last releases like similar isometric MMO (Albion) arent doing well..
    2. Have more video contents that put a lens on (like a spotlight) of what you have in hands now..
    3. Some more info about the team and previous experiences, if any. Like putting some linkedIn profiles on KS page and on the main page.

Answer:

Well, the main reason why Albion is not doing very well now, is becouse of numberous of mistakes that developers made during a course of game production, and becouse of that Fractured developers already responded to that as I remember that they dont want to repeat what Albion made wrong, and that they will try to do better. Also im sure that Albion Online community here will take the job in their hands when they will see same or similar mistakes being made, so dont worry up there 😉

Answer:

1. Have more video contents that put a lens on (like a spotlight) of what you have in hands now..

Well, I will count it as developers little false start, and I agree that they didnt made a lot of videos and stuff like to give easy to get informations about this project, but you can read more details (but still not very in-depth in many cases) on forum or either main pages. Also there are more kickstarter spotlights coming, so this will hopefully cover some unclear stuff

Answer:

1. Some more info about the team and previous experiences, if any. Like putting some linkedIn profiles on KS page and on the main page.

I havent meet something like this before, so I would leave this line without my point of view answering

Thanks for reading
    ~Duende 😉

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

the basic problem is the cost ... everyone wants to play as soon as possible.
    according to my humble opinion you would have received more money granting access to Alpha 1 from the basic package say (30 35 euros)
    and in the most expensive packages, more rewards.

this is because everyone can spend 30 euros. but everyone wants to play right away.
    At first glance you would have gained less but you would have played on quantity. And in the long run you would have earned more

there are many players who do not buy the 20 30 euro package because they know that with the beta they will play between 1 2 years. and then they will play the game when they know they can play

sorry for my bad english, i have used a gogle translate for this post xD

• Wiki Editor

As i read here, the main problem is, people often don't believe in ideas anymore, they want to get something strong in their hands.
    Beside this, the gaming market is so overloaded, that people can't wait, they want things now and immediately.
    Thats good to see at DuendeBrek. He just see "i can play the game in 2 years" and thats disapoints him.
    But he forget to realize, with the Pledges you can play even way earlier, just the game will be not finished when you start it.
    The mainproblem i see is, that most people are not able to differencing between early start and development time. They think a game just fall out from the sky immediately an idea is created.

For my part i "just" pledged the immortal EB, in reason it is my fist Kickstarter ever, i'm just a bit carefully about this part of supporting. I like to support good ideas in many other ways, especially to spend later on some more money and just took the first step in as a good start into a long run.

I don't need to get much grandious trailer about a game, that just suggest a good video editing skill.
    At the state of the game the graphics and animations and all the stuff can't be final.
    I know very well, that the most important thing at this state is not to polish the look, but the gamesystem itself.
    For that what we got to watch and read, i'm still touched, because i can summarize the whole idea behind the game in my mind. Most people don't do this step, just read the first lines and see the early graphics and then they don't know what they should do with.
    I guess that was meant with "We need a WOW-Effect".
    Yes, thats what people need today, some glittery pictures, unicorns and miracles.

I would like maybe if you guys don't follow the glittery needs, but go more into this special idea about sandboxing, crafting, and the competitive and cooperative orientation. Show them more about the real new idea, how you want to give the Big Dark Knights same enjoyment as the Cute Gummi Bears, how they can live beside each other. That would you lift off from all the other sandbox, open world MMOs that came out last years and mostly stucked at their own uninspired clouds.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@holyhong said in Haven't pledged? Want to upgrade, but not sure yet? Tell us why!:

So to convince people: a Roadmap of the development might definetly help in my opinion.
    If possible, I would apply one in the campaign details on Kickstarter.

THIS

I pledged because I really really want to reward game originality like this.
    If you can somehow show us in what this game is still going to improve, I'll gladly considering pledging more.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

believe me, give access to the alpha at a cost of 40/50 euros and in couple of days you will sell many hundreds of copies.
    the first one would be together with many others

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured