Tech Tree, Marketplace & Money For Dynamight

• Congratulation to the new funding!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Great news, keep it up guys!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Psymantis in fact, self publishing is the safer way to do it, but it's also expensive and can pose limitations on what you can do based on what you earn.
    That said I expect the team has made all the needed considerations to mantain the game as it was intended.
    Dynamight looks like a group of people developing a game because they want to play their own game, so they'll fight to don't allow third parties to ruin it.

@WaterMerchant I agree, it's better if warfare can be performed outside of a starting city too, as you point out.

@Prometheus said

there are a few things you can build without any research: houses, the tavern, stockpiles, and the workshop with all the basic crafting stations. Given that cities require 20 players to be claimed now, gaining the first levels is going to be pretty quick, and each level grants 2 research points (= 2 researches), so.. you're soon going to have a flourishing city 🙂

That makes sense. I figured it was something like that, but a person can't fit everything into a short video. Thanks so much for the clarification. 👏 👑 😘

@WaterMerchant said in Tech Tree, Marketplace & Money For Dynamight:

(...)Unless I missed something, it seems like newer guilds that miss the land grab but have the manpower to take over cities won't be able to siege if they don't have access to a cities tech tree(...)

I'm not sure if any of that has changed, but as far as I remember, the plan was for the governor/mayor of a region/city to be voted. A guild/group with enough manpower could simply claim enough space, to get enough votes to install their own leader.

This is great news, congrats on the deal with GTR !!!

Take your time guys, lack of quality will harm a lot more on the long term then a delay of a test phase.

And with the markeplace it's good to have something to explore/test which will also appeal to the PvE oriented players.

As to me PvP is like Covid-19: I know it excist, but try to avoid it at all costs.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

own money? my prayers were heard. its would be great if you give mobs golden nuggets instead of coins and allow cities to make their own dedicated coins. this way economy would become incredible. just think about it.
    check this out there are english subs

@Prometheus Will there be some kind of ingame auction or auction house?

@Logain but still you could have a situation where every city is taken and full.
    Then a big guild arises but can do nothing because it doesn't have a city to launch attacks from, so it can gain nothing.

One of the requirements of ranking up a city is obtaining and maintaining a high number of players as citizens. As such if a new guild comes on to the game scene there should be plenty of cities willing to work with them if just so the city can rank up for a while. One deal that could be struck with an existing city is to join them, aid them in conquering a neighbor and receive that city as reward. Now the primary city got to rank up for a while and enjoy some tech bonusses and has an allied city nearby and so can worry less about -that- border.
    I expect that a number of smaller guilds will work together in some political system in order to cooperatively govern a city and will actively seek other organized groups to incorporate in order to raise their city rank.
    Even if there is one big guild in the city they would do well to cultivate a positive relationship with all other smaller guilds that are part of it as they could easily leave the city if irritated causing it to rank down thus weakening the city.
    Lots of discord politics I am sure. - which is a good thing-

@GreatValdus said in Tech Tree, Marketplace & Money For Dynamight:

@Logain but still you could have a situation where every city is taken and full(...)

As much as I would hope for this scenario and would applaud the developers for such a successful game, I doubt they are going to attract enough players that are constantly maintaining their property. Have you calculated how many active players are required to fill up every city on every continent on every planet on every sever?
    What I could imagine is an inequality based on planets.

• Content Creator

@Logain well, as of right now, we're talking 1 Server, 3 planets, each with 3 continents, each with approximately 32 cities, so your basically looking at 32 x 3 x 3 = 288 cities give or take

@Logain I understand what's your point, but a developer must work with the worst scenario in mind when building stuff.
    And the worst scenario for the mechanic we're talking about is "Everything full, new guilds can do nothing forever".
    As much as you can suppose you'll never reach that situation you cannot work without keeping it in mind, otherwise in the case you reach it you will have to find an emergency solution, instead of a long term planned one.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Logain said in Tech Tree, Marketplace & Money For Dynamight:

I'm not sure if any of that has changed, but as far as I remember, the plan was for the governor/mayor of a region/city to be voted. A guild/group with enough manpower could simply claim enough space, to get enough votes to install their own leader.

Nope, that's no longer a thing, at least not for Syndesia 🙂

@Farlander said in Tech Tree, Marketplace & Money For Dynamight:

@Prometheus Will there be some kind of ingame auction or auction house?

Not planned for now 🙂

@Logain but still you could have a situation where every city is taken and full.
    Then a big guild arises but can do nothing because it doesn't have a city to launch attacks from, so it can gain nothing.

A guild without a city can launch a conquest against a city at the Hamlet or Village stage, unless that city is fully surrounded by territories belonging to the same Nation. More info on the topic in the next videos!

@Prometheus ah the nations concept really intrigues me a lot!
    But still, have you considered what kind of deadlock scenario can arise in that case?
    If every city-plot in a continent reach a stage above village, what will a new strong cityless guild be able to do for it?
    Disrupting an existing city somehow to make it dissolve into a village and then attack it?
    Ok ok, I'll wait the next news about it before asking too much... 🙂

If every city-plot in a continent reach a stage above village

This actually can not ever happen, as it takes 3 cities to raise a city to its top tier. This means that only one third of all cities will ever be able to be at the highest tier with walls that require siege engines.

However, it also means that siege engines may not really be a thing? Cause if a city deranks after its vassals are destroyed as was stated in the video, then there will be no need to invest in siege engines when all you have to do is destroy one of the lower tier cities and have the main city derank on its on. Which at that case, you take it over.

@Ostaff wait wait, what do you mean when you say it takes 3 cities to raise a city to top tier?
    I've probably missed that point of information, I thought every city could reach top tier, or at least a tier where you need another city to declare war.
    If that's not the case then it can work out actually.
    Guild can capture low tier cities (cappable without a city to start from) and then use the newly aquired city to wage war towards bigger ones.
    Can you please point me to the article stating that not all the cities will grow up to the same max level?

@GreatValdus

All this information is in the last Q&A Twitch.TV stream that Jacobo did. It's about 1.5 hours in length.

@Ostaff oh wow, it will take a while to catch up on that then, but thanks anyway for pointing it for me... 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured