February 2020 Playtest Survey

• @Prometheus
    It doesn't bother me because I missed the kickstarter, but there's a history of people getting upset over developers selling kickstarter exclusives after the campaign ended. The things that could potentially upset backers are the exclusive cosmetics (statue, armor, horse skin). On a second thought, only 5 people bought these packs at full price - everyone else got them on a good discount. I did the survey later and ended up voting for adding the packs..

PS: In the event of adding the packs, how long will they be available? Will we be able to upgrade from a current pack to knight and then immortal?
    PPS: Why did you mention me? I didn't even post in this thread. 😐

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Razvan seems like he cares about you πŸ™‚

@Prometheus said in February 2020 Playtest Survey:

@Accol @Jetah @Xzoviac @tulukaruk @SlaserX @Razvan @BearRod

The answer refers to Knight/Immortal packs specifically - that is, packs that were never limited in number (unlike Governor and above, which were limited and were all taken, so they can't come back).

We included that option in the survey because in the last few months we received several messages from new users asking how they could get the Immortal pack. That pack was also a very important part of our monetization and it was foolish for us to remove it while still in Alpha in the first place.

What is it that bothers you the most here? Did you think we were considering re-introducing Governor and above, which is not the case, or do you have something against Knight and Immortal too - and if so, what exactly?

Personally I dont like the idea of bringing any kickstarter pledges back even if they where infinite during the kickstarter, I was always under the impression it was a limited time thing

On the other hand I think it's fine to sell parts of the bundles as addons such as permanent vip

It just devalues the original backers,

However I'll support what ever you guys choose to do and appreciate the direct response @Prometheus

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I enjoyed this test until I completed all available things to build/use/try.

What left me quite astonished was the lack of basic features like the ability to exchange stuff with other players, the party system, some kind of teleport or mount, a serious skill system and skill/stats grow.

House building is good, but IMO you should review your development priorities.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Things were pretty smooth overall. A few rare bugs with stuck critters, and with logs, but it was fairly solid in performance.

Food and survival feels off, but it also has to be easy enough for enchanting and to deal with the lack of farming at this time... hopefully that will be adjusted as it goes.

Mana felt too restrictive in combat, as compared to having stacks of 100 arrows with bows. Takes less crafting, so it shouldn't be tuned up TOO much, but as it was it was taking too much mana to really use abilities and end fights. Bows and melee felt okay, although melee needs some heftier armors to really be working well. In short, bows were where they should be, the other areas need a little work and/or more goodies to craft and play with as things are developed. This could easily be fixed with some crafted mana consumable and mining/crafting armors.

Building was great. The only thing to improve there imo is movement to location. The character would try to walk into the building spot, rather than stopping before that spot. Manually controlling the character worked much better for getting in the right spot to place items for building.

--Because everything was pretty good, but a little more detailed feedback doesn't hurt!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Prometheus I was talking about all additions to the shop - not he KS specifically. Don't remember what it was but when I saw that i thougth "hmmm, I wouldn't want that to be in the shop" πŸ˜‰

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I voted to bring back some of the backing options. I would like to give more money to the devs, and I don't mind if those packs are more expensive for people who got it later (like me) so that the earlier backers get like an early bird special, so to speak.

I will say this, though, I TOTALLY agree that the early backers should be rewarded more than the late comers, even if it means I don't get as nice stuff since I showed up late.

I don't like bringing up other games, but I will NEVER play Star Citizen. I saw the trailer for Squadron 42 and it made me cry because it looks amazing, but I refuse to give them money. I backed Star Citizen when it FIRST showed up on Kickstarter (or wherever the initial backing was, I think it was KS) and backed for 2 of the 3 ships that they had available (the multi-player ship and the fighter) and EVERYTHING they added after the initial set of ships were just flat out better than what I had bought. The devs pretty much gave their initial backers a HUGE fuck you by making their ships obsolete. Obsolete within months of their initial pledges. I kept getting emails from them Hey we just added _______ ship! And the ships just kept getting better and better. I was so frustrated that as one of THE first backers the stuff I got was pretty much shit I got my money back (they did give me a full refund, at least) and I swore never to play any of their games ever again.

That being said, I totally feel you being early backers and being rewarded for having faith in this project and NOT allowing later arrivals to get "the good stuff", but at the same time the devs want to make money and opening up the "lesser" packages that didn't have a limit and charging more for them seems fair to me.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

You know, i was kinda sceptic about game before alpha test.
    But it was much better to play that i could think, so good luck guys.

With regard to the kickstarter pledges in question, could you just not create new packs that had similar equivalencies in them to entice players? Access to the developer forum could be one difference between two pledge levels, as well as unlimited vip and/or carpenter.

The question comes down to what of the two packs should be exclusive to a kickstarter pledge and what not... the founder's statues and exclusive skins? Make a new pack title it founder and give a different founder skin/statue etc. Don't include all the previous items and skins to please those who purchased the KS thinking it was a time limited option and therefore bought it then? I'm sure there are some who purchased who would not have yet, had they known the packs would return later....

A design your own pledge level by adding in various items might work too, where you can only add in option 4 if you also purchased option 3, 2 and 1? And a pack that offers all the options together? So someone could purchase access to the alpha2, if they also purchased the vip and carpenter, but wouldn't have access to the dev forum unless they added that option as well, say.... or someone could purchase access to the beta1, with the vip and carpenter as options to add on.... maybe make all of the KS skins and pets and statues etc exclusive... but add new skins and pets and items to the shop that can be bundled in a pack.... with no special forum titles or in game badges?

I'm sure there are many creative ways you can still create a pack that people would want to buy without pissing off any of the KS people who thought they were purchasing exclusives, only to find out that nope, not so much.... At least leave something exclusive for them.

@Greenfire said in February 2020 Playtest Survey:

the founder's statues and exclusive skins? Make a new pack title it founder and give a different founder skin/statue etc.

Since people can only own one Pack atm, I would not like something like this. Would be kind of weird if you have been here from the beginning but there is stuff skins / statue / whatever you can´t get because of that 🀷
    Am probably a bit biased since I am one of the people who has an older Pledge Pack, but still, would be weird if one would not have access to things because they came earlier 🀷

Even if you sell parts, you need to limit this imo. If you just sell everything now, as a single part, what the f did I purchase an "old" pack for? πŸ˜› As an angry elitist I need my advantage from being here earlier! 😈

@Kralith said in February 2020 Playtest Survey:

If you think the way is okay how some things are developed, you don't need to write anything. And you still have 2 ratings to difference between "Yeah, exactly how i wanted it" (aka Great) or "it's okay, lets see how it gets developed" (aka Good).

Even if you think it was great, you could still have thoughts on how and what to improve, or you could note a few things that you could potentially see destroying the system as you like it.

I think they should have either done one or the other. No text for a quick general overview of what people think, or text regardless of how good you think the feature currently is.

As I like to voice my opion, to type and am a bit of a troll, all this did was make me choose "Average" everywhere, write my opinions and then write my actual "rating" in the text πŸ˜‰

@Eurav said in February 2020 Playtest Survey:

the founder's statues and exclusive skins? Make a new pack title it founder and give a different founder skin/statue etc.

Since people can only own one Pack atm, I would not like something like this. Would be kind of weird if you have been here from the beginning but there is stuff skins / statue / whatever you can´t get because of that 🀷

I think you should be able to buy these options as well, even if you own a pack currently. I mean, there are pets available now in the shop... are you not able to purchase those even though you already have a pack? I think having items available for those who want them, should be able to add to a pack, without any consequence. They just shouldn't have items that were exclusive to kickstarter.... but they could easily add items that are available as shop items to all, no? I imagine the items could be bundled, or purchased separately if you only want some of them.... but a bundle could also include an item that was exclusive to that pack, so long as it wasn't an item from the kickstarter, or would that upset you that it wasn't offered to you too? They could I suppose include any new items to those who purchased higher level ks pledges as part of their "and all items in lower ranked packs" deal...

I just wanted to mention, the fact that if they create new packs, and they keep the current system of being able to only own one pack, adding new items to those / new packs would lead to people who already have packs unable to purchase those and thus don't have acces to those new items. The seperate items (of course, possible as a bundle πŸ˜‰ ) in the store are of course available to anyone, and they could of course add them as such.

They could I suppose include any new items to those who purchased higher level ks pledges as part of their "and all items in lower ranked packs" deal...

They could of course do that, but I think that would kinda only make sense for the possible always open test server? Other then that I don´t think it makes much sense? They did not do it with the current items either, so I doubt anything like that would happen? 🀷

or would that upset you that it wasn't offered to you too?

I donΒ΄t really understand what you mean there? πŸ€” Maybe you mean I would be upset for not being able to buy an item that I wanted which was sold before I had the chance to aquire it, but since I came late could not? If anything I would be upset with myself for not finding the game earlier in such a case?, but probably not even that? 🀷

@Neurotoxin said in February 2020 Playtest Survey:

I'd also like to see vardo-style wagons that act as housing that can be easily moved... but I dunno if that's part of the plan or not.

I seriously love this idea! Esp. valid and intuitive for Arboreans, imo. My PC hopes to be a roving guide for travelers on Arboreus. While she will definitely require a stable 'den' for storage and crafting, she'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a caravan-style mobile unit for comfortable shelter 'on-the-job'
    @Prometheus @Specter @Znirf - pretty please? πŸ™ πŸ’– πŸ™

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Gave a lot of written feedback in the survey. Hope it helps, keep doing great work.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

My replies on the survey are only trying to offer feedback. I answered it as though this was the final product, which is why some of them feel harsh. Being so early in dev, I actually feel like you all are doing amazing. So please, when reading my feedback, take it as from what I was expecting of the final product. πŸ™‚ That being said, I still rated a few things average or above, so you should take that as a great compliment. So much potential, and some of it starting to come together. Can't wait for the next test!

Keep it up!

@Eurav meaning for example, if they created a statue or skin that would be offered in a new pack that wasn't available in the ks packs, would it upset you that you wouldn't also get it? It's why I said I suppose they could just give those things automatically to the ks pledges as well, then not worry about it.

They should have to try to balance having some KS exclusive items with also giving some kind of exclusive items to those that buy access prior to game release... I mean, we bought in the KS for these exclusive items, I would think that could also be an incentive for people to purchase packs now! It's just a matter of balancing whether the KS people get access to any items that would be offered as new (non KS) package exclusives, either through store purchase as an add on, or just considered to already be a given for any lower tier package than they purchased during the KS.

I just think some items that were offered as KS only, should remain KS only... but I also don't want to disallow new packages with different items being offered as early bird packages now... especially if they either grandfather the new items to higher tier KS pledge holders, or offer said items separately to them in the shop

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus great work. Finally a game like UO on steroids

• Wiki Editor

@tulukaruk + @Eurav
    Well yes, there should be in next such survey a text field for each answer, to give feedback to each rating.
    Well, maybe some text limit, since the poor guys would receive walls of text by me, just because i was drinking too much β˜• before. πŸ˜‚

• Enjoyed the test. I bought a founder pack due to the fun I had. My suggestion that wasn't in the survey is to work on faster travel. Either with the addition of mounts or maybe have a crafting option of making some kind of teleporting device.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

bolded textTbh the game felt simple not much I could do during the test besides fighting which was okay but won't keep me playing it since I spamed the best skill I had from 3 or 4 over and over. Crafting was nice, to badi didn't find a housing spot other than that I don't know what the game has to offer.bolded text

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured