December 2019 Stress Test Review

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone!

Our stress test weekend has ended, and it's been a great... mess! Not uncommon for a stress test, but perhaps a little worse than expected 😉

So, what happened during Fractured's first explosive* event of this kind? Let's find out!

Read the full article

Stay tuned and... fingers crossed for the text open test!

(* servers exploded)

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I'm one of the guys who didn't get to enter at all, I haven't purchased anything at the moment since I am debating between beta 1 & 2 and wanted to try out the game to determine that, and as I've read the next open alpha will be open only to people who have already purchased the game, so I'm wondering if you will do a similar test on the Beta 2 phase but open for everyone. Thanks for the info and the good job, keep on working and you'll get far!

• Wiki Editor

Thank you Prometheus, that was the Announcement i was expecting 🙂

Fingers Crossed! 🤞

• DymStudios - CEO

@Cotrabotieso said in December 2019 Stress Test Review:

I'm one of the guys who didn't get to enter at all, I haven't purchased anything at the moment since I am debating between beta 1 & 2 and wanted to try out the game to determine that, and as I've read the next open alpha will be open only to people who have already purchased the game, so I'm wondering if you will do a similar test on the Beta 2 phase but open for everyone. Thanks for the info and the good job, keep on working and you'll get far!

No, I think you misunderstood. We're going to run another stress test open to everyone - there just may be another one for backers only before that 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Stress test mess, you says?
    makes sense, stan!
    if you ain't not doin' it in jest
    than its less than a stress test
    it's a true mess... hiissss!
    so if sh.t does die then I say
    it's in the game's best interest,
    and then you're just nailing the rest
    'cuz you're the best, Wes!

🎯 😜 😄

Congrats to team on hitting that mark, @Prometheus 👍 👍 👍

Solid review, but honestly that's what tests are for. If y'all were able to learn something, and subsequently improve that thing, then it is a major success in my book.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Prometheus Ok, got you! It's so nice to see developers involved in their community, thanks!

This Review was very insightful and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad you wrote what the problem was and how it was determined to fix it. I also liked how you admitted there was a problem, which isn't happening much in the gaming development world.

Thanks for the Review!

@Prometheus I'll say it again but a little note to the Kickstarter backers could be done too. The email with a little information with a link to the full update would be enough to keep those backers informed.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The stress test pulled me out of my grave! I'll try to crawl around again 😉

@tulukaruk

did you get out or just turn over?

As always, thanks for keeping the people updated.

Communication is always a good thing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Always crossing fingers 😄 ✌ 🖖 🤞
    I think because of this mess at the weekend, it was a really good test because you could figure out one problem 🙂

And of course, the number of new accounts sounds wonderfull 😮

Development is always a work in progress, even after game is released.

Keep up the good work! 👍

Thanks for the update. Even thought we didn't get to play much (or at all for some) you all found out some important stuff, which is what the test was for. Good luck fixing the problem and looking forward to the next test. You guys are doing great. Keep on keeping on.

• Only thing I wish was that the email I received had said it was a stress test, only found that out when visiting the forums. Hope ya'll get everything ironed out, seems like it'll be an interesting game.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I was so excited when i got invitation letter! And was so sad when i wasn't able to log in cause of ful server =((

@Azazar said in December 2019 Stress Test Review:

I was so excited when i got invitation letter! And was so sad when i wasn't able to log in cause of ful server =((

full servers are much better than near empty!

Sounds like a very productive mess!

I've been away for almost a month due to RL busy-ness but gotta say I'm impressed with the way the problems were handled here:

1. no excuses, just clear communication and continued attempts to correct the issue
    2. learning from what went wrong and making adjustments for next attempt (e.g., running next test during the week so SpatialOS support can be more available)

KUDOS to the devs. Best wishes for next try.

One request: Can someone from the dev team PLEASE post some SHORT (less than 5 minute) videos on the Fractured website's 'videos' page, showing some basic game mechanics? e.g.
    ** making a fire
    ** learning a skill
    ** choosing a skill set
    ** fighting an npc denizen or mob

My friends who play other games might watch a 10-30 min vid about how to play their game, but will NOT watch anything that long about another game. I can use short vids for recruiting (and for learning basic mechanics, since I don't have alpha access)

Thanks! and happy merry ChristmaHannuKwankiSolstikha to all! 🖖 🎁 🍻 🌠

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured