4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.

• @mae Good aligned players are incapable of harming non-evil players, and Arboreus has safe zones that only good aligned players can enter (I think it was 50% of the planet). If an evil player comes to Arboreus, they will be debuffed, and will be constantly attacked by wildlife (the planet defends itself). If a neutral player commits a hostile action, they will be treated as evil.

It will be incredibly hard to do any sort of real open world PvP on Arboreus.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Mae So, I'm not sure if all your questions have been answered, but I am also almost exclusively a PVE player and I feel quite comfortable about Arboreus. Originally, about 30-50% of Arboreus was going to be Good-only, but lately Specter has been saying that "most" of Arboreus will be Good-only. Prometheus explained in one Q&A that any non-Good player who gets into the Good-only area has only a few seconds to get out before they die.

Since Good players cannot be hostile to other Good players, this means that the Good-only area is completely PVP free.

In the other areas where Neutral and Evil characters can survive, the planet itself will still attack any Evil characters, as well any Neutral characters who attack Good players. I think that this means that Evil and "criminal" Neutral characters will be attacked by any living thing that they run across. At one point, Prometheus said point-blank that non-Good characters should just have a short list of PVE objectives that they want to get done on Arboreus, because they won't be able to just go on a killing spree.

That being said, Good players can still be attacked in non-Good areas. Anyone who attacks them will already be debuffed, I think, but there is an outside chance that Good players can be killed. However, it sounds like just getting away will be a definite option, unless you want to stay and fight.

One other interesting thing is that Prometheus has said that raiding will only occur on the 2 PVP planets. So that sounded to me like true raids won't be possible even in the non-Good areas on Arboreus.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@Mae Arboreus will be fine. If you just stay in the center of a safe zone, you will be almost completely safe. People who want to commit betrayals as a Beastman will most likely do it outside of safe zones or in Syndesia, and as far as I know, eclipses don't affect Arboreus.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Arboreus is safe enough.

@mae said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

(...)And you can't vote against it because it doesn't affect you(...)

As I tried to explain, economy is global, since you can traverse from one planet to another while carrying items. That means any higher influx of items (which is inevitable from a PvE only planet) automatically reduces revenue (offer and demand). Hence, yes, everybody is seeing an effect on their gameplay.

(...)To solve that there, and here too. players must select permanent alignment before any voting(...)

That severely contradicts one of the core mechanics of the game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It's a possible eventual scenario, but it has a number of problems for the initial launch (not the least being more work, more cost, and delays).

There's a lot of balance issues there, along with the issue of people who would core for "Pure PvE" feeling like it was a lie due to the resource distribution (different places and planets having different things) that exists in this game.

So where there's always a possible something there, odds on it being anytime soon, or being quite what some people want, may be low.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Alright, thanks everyone. Let's see how beast planet fares. Planet 4 with safe minigame PVP is in suggestion box and poll is for population estimates. Humans don't look too good 😛

• Community Manager

@needlehawk I don't know what the exact percentage is, but Prometheus did say the amount of content in good-only areas matters more than the percentage.

@wolfkomodo46 Beastmen cannot change their alignment on Arboreus so there will be no such thing as betrayals.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Sounds interesting. Kind of like a hardcore PVE mode. I would definitely like it. Would be good if all 3 races could visit and even collaborate to face a harsh PVE environment. I like collaboration because I don't think games are always about the other "side" or the other "races" are wrong or should die just because they're different. How is that any different from racism.

@chrightt Well in Fraction the races don´t hate each other. They only hate differences in alignment, so it´s not racism 😁

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@specter said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

@wolfkomodo46 Beastmen cannot change their alignment on Arboreus so there will be no such thing as betrayals.

Well thats depressing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Beastman for life

@lovechildbell It's also not quite right, I think? You can go to neutral, if you want, last I checked - mine is certainly heading in that directions, given who she worships (the human goddess of luck). You are treated as a demon if you go into negative morale, but I don't think you get bapped for having "less good" morality.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@needlehawk
    "One other interesting thing is that Prometheus has said that raiding will only occur on the 2 PVP planets. So that sounded to me like true raids won't be possible even in the non-Good areas on Arboreus."

Hold on, by raiding you mean endgame dungeon raiding or pvp plundering?
    if 1, how can we have a PVE planet with no PVE endgame.
    If 2, makes sense i suppose.

1 more question, can Good-aligned humans or angels visit non-PvP areas of Arboreus or even permanently settle on it? I mean, let's not discriminate based on race but discriminate based on alignment 😉 Gotta work out all these immigration laws and travelling visas you know.

@Mae obviously talking about PvP raids. Would not make any sense to give the PvE planet less PvE content.

1 more question, can Good-aligned humans or angels visit non-PvP areas of Arboreus or even permanently settle on it? I mean, let's not discriminate based on race but discriminate based on alignment Gotta work out all these immigration laws and travelling visas you know.

Yes, Good aligned Humans / Angels can visit Arboreus without any problems, as well as enter those "non PvP areas". It is as you said, there is no racism between the races, they only don´t like people with different alingments (well I guess evil people just hate everyone) 😉

Everything is open world, and PvE raid bosses on PvP planets will be contested and it will be a lot harder to kill them, fighting both bosses and player disturbances.

Giving Arboreus PvE raid bosses would put beast-kin in unfairly advantageous position, easy mode loot, without having to deal with PvP interference.

• @mae said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

He means city sieges. On Tartaros and Syndesia, cities can be conquered and taken by enemy guilds.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@eurav
    I caught up on the spotlights.
    Good humans can last only 20/40 hours on Beast planet..
    Angels is TDB.
    Was hoping you could settle permanently and join guilds/activities outside of your race as long as alignment matches.

#6:
    "Indeed, only Humans with Good alignment are allowed to walk the lands of Arboreus for a considerable amount of time – 20/40 real-world hours, thus being able to explore a good portion of the world at once, collecting resources and acquiring knowledge."

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@needlehawk
    "One other interesting thing is that Prometheus has said that raiding will only occur on the 2 PVP planets. So that sounded to me like true raids won't be possible even in the non-Good areas on Arboreus."

PVP plundering. I think I should have said "sieges", not "raiding". Sorry for the confusion.

@gothix you're making the assumptions that it's an apples to apples comparison. I'm expecting PvE on Arboreus to be harder, in general, compared to Tartaros - enemies will have more life, hit harder, or have various other minor tweaks to make up for the fact that you can't be ganked from the bushes at a moment's notice. while you're right that a lack of friendly fire and contested efforts against a raid boss will make life easier, I sort of would expect most Arboreus raid bosses to spawn in with minions (or, a lot more/nastier minions, in comparison to the Tartaros and Syn versions of that boss), either generics, or a "team" of NPC that act like an assisting party to the boss, to balance out the difference (and, on wipe, respawn under the same mechanics as we do...except, from the dungeon entrance or one area block away in the case of a field raid - so, they aren't instantly back, but it doesn't take them long, either. If the devs are particularly mean, the re-spawn kicks in when the NPC team's healer goes down)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured