Classes

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jetah I think they mean, that Beholders have specific connotations (they have flight, for example, which, as demon powers go, might be cool, and 8 different magic rays depending on which eye is looking at you funny - which would be a balance nightmare XD) and the fact that the creature design and name are (C) some other company.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@target Hm. Lions for Strength, and 'Diles for Perception, do you think? Lion Form is probably something like a centered AoE "roar" that...stuns thing, periodically, maybe? not sure how to feel about that, given the Nhee get melee stun (and other things). feels like enough of an overlap to be worrisome. 'Diles for strength make about as much sense, but what they are known for is their bite, and being able to hide...and we already have the Nhee, again, doing a buffed melee attack again. Maybe they become untargetable and unsee-able if they stand still in their alt mode? invisibility obviously lasts for a while after they start moving, or you just pound in that area for splash damage. Maybe a short range teleport when you stand still, to avoid general attacks initially.

man, really wants something better than a roar on a lion. Let's do some creative junk on what a lion can do for a power that - a) doesn't overlap with something else, and b) isn't generic as all get out. what do you all think?

• @therippyone Being an ambush predator, crocs make the most sense for perception. I would also guess that included in their powers would be some sort of first strike bonus and would combine well with your suggestion of invis while stationary, maybe a short speed bonus after exiting invis instead of being able to move/teleport while invis (without skills). Maybe they move slow outside of combat, and move fast when in combat? I like the idea of their powers being based on ambushing.

I agree that lions will likely be strength, and their primal form would likely include a shout. I can also see charisma being a big theme for lions, and they could be naturally intimidating (don't know exactly what that means in the context of Fractured, but Warfare does include intimidation skills). Courage is another thing lions are known for that could manifest as natural resistance to mental based abilities.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If I can't play a steampunk lich, what's the point of playing a lich in the first place? 🤷‍♂️

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Amen. While I like old-school "traditional" style games, it's nice to see something that breaks that mold.

@jahlon said in Classes:

The no-classes and pick your skills to build what you want is yet another major reason why this game appeals to me.

Been so long since we had that in a game

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Classes:

@dj35 said in Classes:

@Jetah how would beholder work

how wouldn't it? it'd work just like every other race. just a different visual.

And not able to equip a single item any other race could.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@jahlon said in Classes:

The no-classes and pick your skills to build what you want is yet another major reason why this game appeals to me.

Been so long since we had that in a game

I know, right?

I kinda wish Bethesda would just stop re-releasing Skyrim and get on with the next Elder Scrolls game already. 😄

@fibs said in Classes:

@jetah said in Classes:

@dj35 said in Classes:

@Jetah how would beholder work

how wouldn't it? it'd work just like every other race. just a different visual.

And not able to equip a single item any other race could.

that seems far fetched from a crafting economy when 1 race has unique gear. A beholder could use more jewelry as gear instead of what the other races have. I'd have the eyes always face the direction the body is facing to make it a little easier. Maybe certain spells could be setup so that it does an AoE instead while some AoE spells are 360⁰.

@TheRippyOne
    it would depend on where the (c) stands at. Since DS is in Italy then it'd have to checked there. I see Beholder in the US Patent Office but it doesn't reference mythical creature. but then again i'm not a Patent Lawyer.

I wouldn't call it flight but the beholder could always 'glide' instead of fly.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@jetah how about a gargoyle

@daz
    I'd say as neutral. i think of the Gargoyle tv series when I think of that.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured