sound effects in fractured?

• that may seem really dumb but im rly looking forward to the kind of sound effects that are going to be used? like i get so much fun from the sound of the sword slicing through things in some games. wow that sounds creepy

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

i hope they will not overdo things with sound like in albion for example when u hear voice of every horse in town or loud sound of horse gallop. plz dont overdo

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@terhi would you enjoy it more if they had different sounds, not just for each sort of weapon, but what each one sounds like hitting different types of materials?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

First Blood!
    Double Kill
    Triple Kill
    Multi Kill
    Mega Kill
    Ultra Kill
    M-M-M-Monster Kill!
    Ludicrous Kill
    Holy ****

^ Something like this please. πŸ˜‰

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@gothix said in sound effects in fractured?:

First Blood!
    Double Kill
    Triple Kill
    Multi Kill
    Mega Kill
    Ultra Kill
    M-M-M-Monster Kill!
    Ludicrous Kill
    Holy ****

^ Something like this please. πŸ˜‰

Stupid as it is.. yes. Yes I would very much like an over-the-top announcer in at least some capacity. Even if only for some slef-contained mode.

More examples:

@genobee I wouldn't mind a "Holy ****" said in the voice of one of the five good~ish deities if you managed a truly impressive slaughter (Bablis, meanwhile, is like "nice"); a blood letting so massive that it excited comment from the gods. Of course, that would require a really impressive murder streak - something that is actually really uncommon (maybe you put the god voice on a timer - if someone detonated 20 enemies at once, the gods say something, but they won't comment on that again for 24 hours - you need to detonate at least 23 enemies simultaneously to get the response again, which also resets the timer; each time the timer expires, the "godly expectation" number falls by one - so if the last comment was for 25, tomorrow it will be for 24, and the next will be for 23, until it goes back to the minimum of 20) - make it a little special easter egg.

@therippyone there is no chance you are going to detonate 20 enemies "at once", like ever. πŸ˜„

Perhaps consecutively, one after another, without dieing, and inside a specific time frame. That has a chance of happening (if you are really good AND in an area with a lots of traffic).

Area with a lots of traffic will also mean, people will defend, and help, so you will not generally have 1vs1 against all 20 of people, specially after the streak has started. πŸ˜‰

@gothix I wasn't thinking about pvp specifically, though I could see someone in one of the eclipse raid dropping a nuke, critting it, while a group is being cornered/weakened by other people, and just lucking into an epic multi-kill. I was actually thinking of PvE, especially if you lure a lot of monsters into a small area and drop an epic hammer on them. still, getting 20 monsters together is a bit of a feat, let alone doing it in a way that lets you one-shot them all, so, that's what I picked out as a spitball number.

I just hope they are good. Honestly, soun in MMOs are something really important to me, some people donΒ΄t care, they even turn off the game sound and put on some music, but to me, the soun helps a lot with immersion, so I really want the sound effects to be awesome and make us feel a immersed in the game while playing πŸ™‚

• @boogis said in sound effects in fractured?:

i hope they will not overdo things with sound like in albion for example when u hear voice of every horse in town or loud sound of horse gallop. plz dont overdo

Same thing came to mind as soon I read through the OP, I couldn't agree more

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I turn off sound sometimes for games, I just hope sound doesn't give players who listen too much of an advantage.

It would be interesting to hear different steps depending on where you are walking. ✌

@chrightt Depending on how "ranged" ranged combat is, being able to hear a chant or a bow string twang may be critical. won't matter if a skill is limited to "on screen" - but if someone can fire from longer range, the sound will be your only hint for that first attack.

I really want to hear more of the music they have. One of the videos had something that really reminded me of Morrowind for some reason and I love the soundtrack of that game 🀀

• A soundtrack can be heared here https://soundcloud.com/fractured-mmo/fractured-main-theme-v1 and according to the news:
    The creator of this wonderful record is the German composer Armin Haas, who is going to keep working on other tracks for the Fractured OST in the months to come.

We haven't heard something from then tought 😞

@therippyone
    so, you're just attacking the air?

@jetah well, depends. In Diablo, my wizard was a bit squishy, as they tend to be, so, I'd throw chain lightning down a corridor - if it hit something, it would auto-chain to hit everything nearby - most things roasted, and what didn't die would aggro my way, into my more destructive spells down a narrow space were they couldn't effectively dodge.

It was a "wasteful" strategy - cost a lot of mana for no guaranteed effect - but it helped me avoid the one situation that was lethal - getting swarmed. As long as I could game how enemies would come, I could win, effectively, and if I had to spam 10 bolts to get 1 success, that was fine in the end.

now, in Fractured, with friendly fire engaged, that strategy still works - you just risk frying your allies, too. Depending on build, it might even be a good strategy - lightning-proof your tank, let them aggro, and then chuck chain-lighting from off-screen to hit them. Magic auto-targets all enemies, as long as you hit something, and the tank is fine due to immunity - so smite the tank, and let the chains smite everything else, while being outside of sight range, and thus being "safer."

has the advantage of looking really cool XD

I think among my favorite fantasy game sound effects was Baldur's Gate II: nothing like hearing mages casting spells while berserkers whaled away at each other. πŸ™‚

(BGII was -creepy-, btw, I don't think I'll ever forget assaulting the dungeons defended by Beholders.)

@therippyone
    And that’s PvE without any real good AI.

@jetah Oh, assuredly. Diablo had terrible mob ai. I rather hope Fractured does it better - but you asked why anyone would blind-fire like that - and that's one reason.

Actually, I just hit another one today - playing Path of Exile. I was fighting an ai based on a character model - main attack was to fire 3 bolts of chaos in my general direction. Problem 1 - my character is woefully weak to chaos for various reasons. If I got tagged, I had about 1 second to hit a full health recovery flask, or I died. Problem 2 - the ai could see beyond the edge of the screen, and I couldn't - which meant that I'd be attacked (and probably killed) well before I could target them. So, I reverted to a spray and pray sort of attack. I knew I got it approximately right, because my ranged attack has a secondary effect (life leech), and the game is polite enough to tell me when it engages. So, I'd get lucky, peg the jerk, and then run because I'd get a face full of chaos otherwise. Battle took forever, it was pretty terrible, but any other method was a sure death for me.

Which is, more or less, my earlier answer - if you can be targeted from beyond the range of your screen, better hope you have some other sign of the incoming attack, or that you can survive that first sneak attack XD Since I had neither, I had to revert to an idiot tactic, and exploit the limits of the ai, to make it through.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured