Demon Redemption

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@rockarmy Sure - but how do you differentiate an angel that was an Infernal, from one that was a Blood? I'm sure they'll have proper names, eventually, but those aren't available right now. So, Blood Angel XD I was trying to draw a comparison between the original power of a specific demon, and their angelic version, for the sake of explaining a concept by example, and wanted to be clear about what I was contrasting.

@evolgrinz right. Actually, that would be fun, in anti-friendly fire zones - throw a fireball, the evil stuff dies faster, but your buds in the area are all good, so they heal without the standard damage applying? Might be a fun build, as long as you stayed on Arboreus.

Though...that would cause some problems in pvp, so I assume it will be freely togglable.

• DymStudios - CEO

@kairosval said in Demon Redemption:

From my understanding, the only way to be a 'good' demon is to be an Angel. AFAIK demons can only be evil or neutral, we're locked out of choosing Good even if our Karma was high enough.
    As for Angels, again I think I can remember @Prometheus saying in one of the chat Q&A streams that the quest to become an Angel is linked to Tyros, so Angels will probably be locked in to worshiping Tyros.
    So I'd expect Angels on Tartaros to have the usual impact where they are immune to Babils' curse, but every Demon in the area gets notified that a goodie-two-shoes Angel has touched foot on Tartaros.
    But I can't back anything here up with a reference, it's going from memory with a little bit of speculation. So grain of salt this stuff.

All correct! πŸ‘ Aside from being forced to worship Tyros all the time. We're still deciding on that.

@rockarmy said in Demon Redemption:

@Cinnao I thought angels could choose who to worship, so they can become angels through their preferred good alignment god.

Making multiple quest lines for turning into an Angel would be way too much work. The fact you have to go through Tyros quests doesn't mean you're forced to worship Tyros after tho, as I've explained above πŸ™‚

@therippyone said in Demon Redemption:

so, that's some idea about what these transformations will be like - you'll still look vaguely like "you" but with the demonic stuff stripped out and replaced with heavenly set - bright auras, feather/halos, ancient rune masks of power, etc. XD

That's how it goes in a nutshell, yes πŸ™‚

@gothix said in Demon Redemption:

Question now is what happens when beast kin player drops below 0 and still above -2500?
    He is still not abomination, however since he is not above 0 he can not chose good, so he is stuck on neutral I guess.

As a Beastman, if you have a criminal flag (murderer, thief) or are cut off a Good alignment for whatever reason, you're cut off Arboreus. You don't want to get to that point unless your aim is to become an Abomination.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in Demon Redemption:

@therippyone said in Demon Redemption:

so, that's some idea about what these transformations will be like - you'll still look vaguely like "you" but with the demonic stuff stripped out and replaced with heavenly set - bright auras, feather/halos, ancient rune masks of power, etc. XD

That's how it goes in a nutshell, yes πŸ™‚

Cool πŸ˜„

@gothix said in Demon Redemption:

Question now is what happens when beast kin player drops below 0 and still above -2500?
    He is still not abomination, however since he is not above 0 he can not chose good, so he is stuck on neutral I guess.

As a Beastman, if you have a criminal flag (murderer, thief) or are cut off a Good alignment for whatever reason, you're cut off Arboreus. You don't want to get to that point unless your aim is to become an Abomination.

What does "cut off" mean? You can go there like humans? Or not at all?

Can you rest on a planet with limited time (ie. demon or Arboreus) or not at all? If you can then what happens if neutral beastkin rest on Arboreus?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

So beast kin are actually "punished in a way" for going against the nature of their planet / gods.

Thanks for clarification Prometheus. πŸ™‚

At which point are you cut off from Tartaros as a demon?

At which point are you cut off from Tartaros as a demon?

You are never "cut off completely", but after you become good (angel), when you set foot on Tartaros every demon out there will be notified of your presence, so GL. πŸ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus one more question - why is Tyros stronger then Babilys on Tartaros?

@Gothix I mean, when at which point are you exiled?

@Gothix I mean, when at which point are you exiled?

When you change your god from Babilys to someone else I think. But Im not certain. Maybe someone else can confirm.

You can change your god yourself at some point or be force changed when your karma grows enough that Babilys rejects you by himself. Maybe someone can confirm by exact numbers?

But you are never realy prevented from coming back to planet its just that when you do come back you will suffer penalties / other demons will be notified of your presence.

It says the progeny of Tyros will have their presence notified but what if an angel chooses to worship another god?

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

It says the progeny of Tyros will have their presence notified but what if an angel chooses to worship another god?

If Angels are allowed to worship gods other than Tyros, then I'd expect they'd probably follow the same Tartaros ruleset as Beastmen.

FEATURE SPOTLIGHT #6 – PVP, ALIGNMENT & CRIME

Travelling to Tartaros is extremely challenging for any Beastman, since not only they lose the buffs they are granted on Arboreus, but also become the target of the hate of Babilis. The Evil God enjoys stacking curses on the poor fellows, who could end up dying just because of them – if they don’t get slayed by Demons, that is.

I can't see Babilis being happier about Angels on Tartaros than about Beastmen.

Of course, DS can do whatever they want, consistency be damned! πŸ˜„

@kairosval said in Demon Redemption:

If Angels are allowed to worship gods other than Tyros, then I'd expect they'd probably follow the same Tartaros ruleset as Beastmen.

FEATURE SPOTLIGHT #6 – PVP, ALIGNMENT & CRIME

Travelling to Tartaros is extremely challenging for any Beastman, since not only they lose the buffs they are granted on Arboreus, but also become the target of the hate of Babilis. The Evil God enjoys stacking curses on the poor fellows, who could end up dying just because of them – if they don’t get slayed by Demons, that is.

I can't see Babilis being happier about Angels on Tartaros than about Beastmen.

Of course, DS can do whatever they want, consistency be damned! πŸ˜„

That makes sense.

@KairosVal Angels can choose to worship other gods but they need to become an angel through Tyros.
    @prometheus said in Demon Redemption:

@Cinnao I thought angels could choose who to worship, so they can become angels through their preferred good alignment god.

Making multiple quest lines for turning into an Angel would be way too much work. The fact you have to go through Tyros quests doesn't mean you're forced to worship Tyros after tho, as I've explained above πŸ™‚

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@rockarmy it'd be rewarding though

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured