Star Citizen

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Anyone played or backed Star Citizen over the years?

I am curious if it will ever actually launch?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Star Citizen, more like Star Cit-isn't

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It will launch eventually. It's progressing even if slowly.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I backed it but it wore me out

I backed during the Ks and had my account stolen from Russia.

They reinstated it pretty quickly, but other than that I haven't really looked.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Nope. Fractured is my first ever KS. I never had a good feeling about SC. I almost backed Ashes of Creation, but backed away once I realized how PVP centric it was going to be.

I am a huge Star Citizen fanboy.

I almost backed it back in the day. But I am glad I didn't.
    Still reading the around the verse mails from them.
    Elite Dangerous is going strong.
    No Man's Sky is awesome now with the NEXT update, and will improve even more over time.
    Dual Universe is also looking promising, but the fact they are going for a subscription based game might hurt them in the end.
    EVE Online has a free to play option and recently expanded the stuff you can do on a free account.

So I just hope they can release Star Citizen in time, because it will become more difficult over time as there is some strong competition.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I played the star marines shooter a bit, i think the game will launch someday, the question is when.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Got €300 worth of small/medium ships. Tested it alot en enjoyed it alot, but the changes and revamps whore me out.

Will pick it up closer to final product

$190,000,000 in funding raised and counting and they can't put the game out.

Other games come out with 15% of that funding and they do it in 3 years.

Truthfully this company has already alienated so many of its "customers" I think its going to be hot on release for 3 months and then be a flop by month 12.

Which will then be interesting to find out if all that money actually went into the game or if its in some account somewhere earning interest so when the game does flop people just walk off with it.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@dylann said in Star Citizen:

Anyone played or backed Star Citizen over the years?
    I am curious if it will ever actually launch?
    I was never any good at the X-wing games, so I didn't back it. I'm impressed with what they have added so far: planets you can visit, huge spaceships, resource mining, ... I might try it out when I can afford it. Apparently, to get a ship that can mine, you need to cash out an extra $150.

@evolgrinz said in Star Citizen:

No Man's Sky is awesome now with the NEXT update, and will improve even more over time.
    Bought it on sale, ages ago. I was bored with it after a few hours. A huge universe, that looks so boring, that I don't even want to explore it.

Dual Universe is also looking promising, but the fact they are going for a subscription based game might hurt them in the end.
    I backed that one. It would be great if they could build a game with hundreds of simultaneous players where everyone can build whatever they want. I've tried a few alpha's a few months ago, and everything that wasn't very close by looked horrible.

@jahlon said in Star Citizen:

$190,000,000 in funding raised and counting and they can't put the game out.
    Other games come out with 15% of that funding and they do it in 3 years.
    A small company that suddenly gets an enormous amount of money. In stead of making the game they promised, they started adding all kinds of cool features. Features that need to be implemented by a newly created big company.

Bought it on sale, ages ago. I was bored with it after a few hours. A huge universe, that looks so boring, that I don't even want to explore it.

If you played No Man's Sky long ago you might want to give it another go.
    Each of the updates the game had were huge. I was bored with the game too, but started a new game with this latest update that was released few days back. I must tell you, it feels like a complete new game. So much to do, it's hard to decide what to prioritize.
    It becomes even more interesting when you upgrade the hyperdrive and you can visit the green and blue star systems. There usually are more extreme planets there.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

U didn't hear news, that they changed user agreement? They can now legally not release the game and just take your money.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

It's amazing how much money they still raise....why ever release?

Money isn't an issue. An issue is they went over their heads and promised too many things, and it's hard to accomplish it all, specially in a "normal" time period.

Game will come out for sure. The question is just how many promised features will be missing (or underdeveloped) when it does (delayed for some undefined future day).

I am a pretty big backer both financially and with enthusiasm, met Chris Roberts and got a ton of stuff signed. Super cool project and its actually going along quite well for being a ground up production with this level of ambition. Lots of people think that lots of money = done tomorrow.... how nice would that be. Sadly games take time and big ones take even longer. Star Citizen is interesting as it attempts to give its backers a game as its being made. Not at all practical and it might be adding time to its development as programming time is being used to polish parts of a game that will not be part of the final game.

Its a fairly popular game to bash, primarily from trolls that like to elicit reactions from the enthusiastic fan base and the drones that basically do not have a educated opinion but think that the dramatic headlines and hardcore trolls represent the truth. The fact of the matter is Star Citizen is the most open developed game out there. I doubt any game will follow in Star Citizens footsteps for the simple truth that most people (backers) do not possess the patience or the understanding to follow such an undertaking from conception. There is a reason most games do not get announced until they are a year from release.

For the people calling it a scam.... I simply have nothing nice to say to you. It is abundantly obvious that you either have no working knowledge of the word scam or you have no idea what Star Citizen is. Either way its a instant ignore, I have no use at all for you.

Star Citizen isn't a scam. I just think they put too much hay on their fork.
    They got a lot of money from the kickstarter and still after that and they got overly ambitious as a result. Wanting to do too many things to please their backers. The more stuff you want to put in a game, the longer it will take to finish it.

Some developers just release the basic game and put everything else they wanted to do with the game in a DLC/expansion.
    To me it looks like the SC devs are not planning to go on that route.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

They have the money to do it slow but properly instead of in a hurry 😉 I can wait so it's not a problem for me. Better to get a good product later then a bad one earlier.

@tulukaruk said in Star Citizen:

They have the money to do it slow but properly instead of in a hurry 😉 I can wait so it's not a problem for me. Better to get a good product later then a bad one earlier.

That is true. Both Elite: Dangerous and No Man's Sky had a rough start and got a lot of negative flak. But they eventually turned it around. But it still cost them a lot of players who would just remember the rough start and will never try it again.
    Think SC is trying to prevent this, but having people wait for too long isn't a good idea either.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured