Mega Update - Cheaper Packs, Pre-Alpha Keys & More

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Traduction française de la news / French trad of the news
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/41854

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus all in all the price adjustment and explanations seem just fine!

The VIP still has me a bit concerned:

Increased Knowledge Points gains (from unlimited sources only): ok. i think this is fair enough. You get stuff done faster by being VIP. Doesn't "bother me" as much (maybe cause most games these days have similar features).

Additional study slots: this for me is the worse part. I mean, getting points faster is all fine and dandy, but all players should have to "equally prioritize" due to the slot restrictions.

Crafting tools, gathering tools, inventory slots, unlimited bags, augmented exp, vanity items, all seem fine, but having the double "more exp AND more slots" just seems excessive =P

BUUUT, if you assure us that it won't have that much of a game impact, i guess we'll just have to trust u guys and wait to see how it "feels" ingame right? Maybe it's something you can "tweak" during the tests by giving 50% of people the "VIP bonuses" and 50% "no-VIP" and see the comparison in progress =P ?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I like the changes and adjustments made. I still don’t think I’d go above Governor but that is completely due to my play style preference. If I was looking to run a large guild I might have another opinion.

Thanks also for the explaination of the vip system. I don’t think this will be game changing or a p2w situation. I saw some mention that competitive players may feel compelled, but I can see also a group of competitive players that will not pay for it just for bragging rights. I think with skills players not paying for vip will be just as successful.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus I appreciate the time you and your team took to look at all the things that we notified about in the forums. You are all great on that front.

I am very receptive to how you described and how the changes look to the system of character slots and how the whole system is effected. I really like the changes to each of the kickstarter packs and am definitely thinking about going for that sweet immortality. I really didn't need a Early bird for it personally but that definitely solidifies the choice in my own mind.

You guys are doing a great job and I also am appreciative of the time you took to relook at the different parts of your campaign and reevaluate based on the community feedback. You don't know ( you may ) how much that effects the idea that people will have in their own head of how successful and great of a company you are and are destined to become.

@luccheno By what has been said in the news post about the effectiveness of this, I don't see it as a huge problem. I am seeing it as them providing some benefit and a benefit to those that spend the money but also not effecting the competitiveness in the game. They have said that those will be able to compete and be able to do things from day 1 and this makes me happy.

I don't see that we will have any issues with people not feeling like they can be as effective and that perception is what really drives people to think pay to win vs just having some benefits.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I like the changes there were made.

Also looking forward to the next spotlight, whenever it may come. 🙂

Pretty excited! Gives me some time to build up a little cash reserve as well (car problems just kicked me in the privates). I like the changes and I hope I can get in on the Knight Early Bird, but I bet that is a popular one. Super stoked to see all this come together. Thanks for listening, keep up the good work, you have a winning game here!

will we get a new videos and data before the start of the KS ?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Man, I'm having trouble keeping up anymore on the forum! Lol

Could you explain how you define 'competitive from day 1' in relation to 'powerful boost' to various key elements of combat (damage, evasion, mana and health regeneration, accuracy and luck)? It seems mutually exclusive to me, since in a MOBA you can either have a significant/powerful boost, or be competitive right from the beginning, but not both. What am I missing here @Prometheus?

As for your questions, I've not had an issue with price to benefit ratio before and the price adjustments have not changed my m ind on the pack I'm aiming for.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate that you listen to the community, keep it up! 🙂

Kudos for doing such a great job with the communities concerns especially related to potential P2W aspects of the VIP. refreshing to see devs actually listen to and address community concerns unlike another recent MMO that launched this week (looks at Blessed Online). Lower prices are always great but I am not sure if they changed my mind about which pack I am going to buy.

At any rate keep up the great work!!

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus First of all what "unlimited sources only" means, exactly? And secondly, you still haven't answered if the VIP ticket will be an actual in-game item, that will be possible to be exchanged (see EVE's PLEX) or not.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I recognize when there is a good job behind a company, congratulations and good work team

Is there a decision, when its possible to buy the packages with PayPal on your side?

@guanchen-bob

Kickstarter doesn't support paypal, so for now, the answer is no.

After the kickstarter ends, you should be able to buy the packs directly from this website, so maybe it'll be possible then.

@nelchael said in Mega Update - Cheaper Packs, Pre-Alpha Keys & More:

@guanchen-bob

Kickstarter doesn't support paypal, so for now, the answer is no.

I know, therefore my question ...
    because:
    @specter said in Kickstarter Update - Pledge Packs:

@muker Kickstarter only accepts credit cards I believe. The devs will also sell the packs through the website eventually and I am pretty sure there will be more payment options then.

• DymStudios - CEO

@logain said in Mega Update - Cheaper Packs, Pre-Alpha Keys & More:

Could you explain how you define 'competitive from day 1' in relation to 'powerful boost' to various key elements of combat (damage, evasion, mana and health regeneration, accuracy and luck)? It seems mutually exclusive to me, since in a MOBA you can either have a significant/powerful boost, or be competitive right from the beginning, but not both. What am I missing here @Prometheus?

I assume you're referring to the bonuses you get if you reach a natural score of 20 in an attribute?

A preamble here: the word "powerful" should be put in the context of a game where differences are small, like Fractured. A +20% to a certain statistic (say, to melee damage from reaching 20 STR) is already enough to be called a "powerful bonus".

I assume the scenario that worries you is someone picking 18 points in a stat and aiming for the 20 with talents - a dangerous move anyway, since you'll want to re-assign your talents frequently and you'll often end up having to give up that +2 in favor of other bonuses. In this scenario, you think the KP bonus from VIP helps you getting talent points faster -> get the 20 faster. This is really not the case, as you'll typically want to get 50 talents points as quickly as possible and VIP has little to no influence there - the reason is explained in the answer below.

@phaethonas said in Mega Update - Cheaper Packs, Pre-Alpha Keys & More:

@Prometheus First of all what "unlimited sources only" means, exactly? And secondly, you still haven't answered if the VIP ticket will be an actual in-game item, that will be possible to be exchanged (see EVE's PLEX) or not.

Some sources of KP are limited, because you can perform the action only once (e.g. discovering a new region, a new creature, etc). VIP doesn't boost them. Others, like studying enchanted items, are unlimited - every time you find an enchanted item, you can study it and gain KP.

As long as you still have limited sources available, you'll be looking for those, since unlimited sources are rare and/or give much fewer points. Unlimited sources matter only once you've run out of limited. At that point, however, your character is likely already dozens of hours old, has unlocked all the 50 talent points and has a good variety of builds available - it can be considered "done" from a "competitive" standpoint.

As for trading, the plan is for VIP to be something you activate for your account, not an item that can be traded.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mrchipps Like i said, once we're ingame we'll get a better "feel" regarding the speed and "impact" of those "slots". Untill then, it's a bit abstract to think about it (although i wonder if both bonuses are rlly necessary)

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Great news

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured