NO EU server? no thanks!

• i refuse to play a mmo when the server is in the US .. i rather play with lower population and have good ping then high pop with bad ping, its not only me, most people from EU will not be playing this game now! was about to buy the 299 pledge , thank god i found out before buying. i rly dont understand wye you give the EU the lesser experience.. its lazy and cheap. give us a dedicated EU server!

• Wiki Editor

@PaulMacabre
    https://fractured.gamepedia.com/Release_date
    "Initial plan is to have one single game server that all player from over the world connect to. If there will be problems with latency server will split. If population grows enough servers will split. Fractured backend for player data is based on google cloud which allows them to potentially move a whole game world overnight."

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

My understanding is that there will be EU server at launch. It is kinda pointless to split community during testing phase.

@PaulMacabre Its in Alpha and they said we will have EU server on launch if the population can support it. I would rather play on on a populated server than a dead one. Connecting to NA from central EU, i get 100-105ms most of the time. Thats almost the same as I get connecting to London servers in other games (70-90ms, depends on a game).

So, Im sorry, but thats a massive overreaction from your side.

• Albion also said we'll have EU servers and it never happened. From dev's point of view, It makes no sense to have 2 servers if the population is not big enough. If you only have one server, it's a reasonable compromise to have it in east US rather than in Europe because more people will have decent ping (Europe, N America, S America).

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I get 83-100 ms from Sweden and a WiFi. Could probably boost it a little with a wired connection but haven't had any hiccups yet. Will probably get better with optimization during development. This is not CS:GO.
    Personally I will be playing on a US server regardless if there is an EU one.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I never have a dedicated/region server in my all life as a gamer. I always play with a latency of 100+ in US servers and 200+ in EU servers.

I never have the 50- latency feeling in my online sessions, plus to this, in most of the cases the language in games are others than mine.

I know in first hand your feeling about this, but it is all about cost/deman ecuation for developers and private investors.

The game is a backed/founded by players + small private investment proyect with low budget and a small team in an alpha state right now, i think you need to wait to make demands like deddicated/region servers.

In the end, if the game result is succesfully and players in EU are enough you are gonna have your desire server.

At the moment I do not think this is gonna happen, so, keep calm and enjoy what you have, or, look for a better game experience for you, is a matter of personal choice.

• Content Creator

It by no means makes sense to invest, during Alpha Phase, in the leasing process to have dedicated servers in other countries. Remember, server processing is usually leased from server farms based on several factors, including bandwidth/workload and uptime/maintenance needs. A game not in full release yet can hardly be expected to have their own dedicated servers around the world, afterall. At release, a few dedicated servers, based on expected workload is probably what will happen, and a few farmed server sessions to handle overage until more dedicated servers can be brought online.

@PaulMacabre said in NO EU server? no thanks!:

i refuse to play a mmo when the server is in the US .. i rather play with lower population and have good ping then high pop with bad ping, its not only me, most people from EU will not be playing this game now! was about to buy the 299 pledge , thank god i found out before buying. i rly dont understand wye you give the EU the lesser experience.. its lazy and cheap. give us a dedicated EU server!

Maaate, how is that a valid reason? I live in Australia... one of the worst places in the world for ping... and ima not having any issues at all!! I likely won't even get an Oceania server, EVER!!! like geezz.... 300 ping is nothing where i live. In fact, it's actually considered good.

@LonelyCookie I agree with OP tbh. I am tired of being 2nd rate citizen when i am paying same money. Even developer is in EU so there is no excuse not to have EU server. If there is no EU server on launch i wont be playing as well.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@Namus said in NO EU server? no thanks!:

Even developer is in EU so there is no excuse not to have EU server.

Cost of hosting servers? That's a big excuse right there. And this is a very small studio with a crowd funded game. They already said that they will open a EU server if there is enough people on the "main" server first. But before that happens, they are not going to open a EU server so 1000 people split on 3 maps can play on it. That would be wasting money.

I had 75 ping from Sweden today on a wifi connection, that is lower ping than most of my American guildies. Ping is not an issue...

alt text

@Sativo Well then you are minority because most people have 130+. Its fine if they don't open one tbh i just wont play it. Not the end of the world. Also cost of hosting is a bad excuse considering its very cheap now and there is many private servers for various MMOs hosted in EU.

For now, since this is Alpha, there is only one seerver.

Devs said if game performace would be good for everyone there will be only one server on release as well, which makes sense, since if performance is good, its better that all community plays together.

However they also said if performance would be lacking, they will introduce extra localized server(s).

As testing population grows towards beta, and towards release, things will become more clear. 🙂

I get pings from EU servers that are better than NA servers and I get pings from NA servers that are better than EU servers. They are all different based upon their network capacity. Heck, I get good pings in Korea 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

well i think it is

@Gothix Things are already clear its called physics. Here is an example i like to use because it is impossible to notice until you view it side by side but difference exists:

• again no EU server at launch and i wont be playing, i just uninstalled albion online again.. same reason. 150ish ping, micro stutters, and a cast delay.. its a pvp game. mmo's are something i invest a lot of time in, and i wont be doing this seeing that i get the lesser experience, ill wait for AOC and Pantheon. oh and for fun google Albion EU ping/servers etc, loads of people complaining and quiting because of this reason.. its unplayable for most!

I'll wait and see, as I have already invested time and money, but there is no argument, high ping in PvP is a game killer.

@Namus said in NO EU server? no thanks!:

@Sativo Well then you are minority because most people have 130+. Its fine if they don't open one tbh i just wont play it. Not the end of the world. Also cost of hosting is a bad excuse considering its very cheap now and there is many private servers for various MMOs hosted in EU.

OMFG XD are you seriously complaining about a mere 130 ping?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Dividing the population is never a good idea. If the game doesnt play well with higher ping it is more sensible to rework the game than to divide the players. Be realistic here, this game is not going to have a huge population at launch. The only hope that it might have one ever would be if it puled an EVE and did a steady continuous grow over a decade. When mmo player populations fall below a certain density that kicks off an exodus and thats it, game over.
    There is no point in starting an mmo if you are not hoping its something you will play for years. MMOs are not for instant gratification. Anything that looks like the game is being set up as a short term cash grab with out long term sustainability in mind will repel any serious mmo player.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured