Feature Spotlight #5 - Character Creation, Attributes And Resting

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #5 - Character Creation, Attributes And Resting:

[...] Charisma serves a very different purpose from Intelligence, and we don't expect players to generally raise one if they raise the other.

Unless you're a summoner or necromancer, of course. As I understand it, Charisma is the "bard stat" that determines the ability to socially & psychologically manipulate other entities / your NPC entourage, so it influences how many pets, mercenaries, summons, or undead you can control at once, yeah?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Prometheus Thats for all the clarifications

• Wiki Editor

Ahhh okay @Prometheus i think i got it, Resting is comparable with this i know from Witcher. More or less πŸ˜‰

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

So if I've done my math right, I should be able to set up my Hellfire demon with the following. Cost in brackets.

STR: 21 (27)
    DEX: 10 (10)
    INT: 15 (20)
    CON: 21 (42)
    PER: 6 (0)
    CHA: 6 (0)

That's a total cost of 99. I can live with one point of wastage. πŸ™‚

I'll have to keep paying attention to make sure that this will give me the kind of playstyle I want, and to check that I'm comfortable what the penalties of taking both PER and CHA as dump stats.

But being super-tanky and hitting really hard while throwing a lot of fire around sounds super fun. Looking forward to it.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

One question though.

It seems weird that the cost of attribute increase for 7 and 8 are both 3, but that the cost of attribute increase for 10-15 is 2 per level. Then the cost per attribute goes back to 3 for 16 and 17, then up to 4 for 18 to 21.

Having 7 and 8 cost three seems like a weird deviation from the rest of the pattern.

I'm not complaining about it. Just curious as to the reasoning.

What's the deal with 7 and 8 costing three points?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think it's really hard to talk about attributes now, theorycrafting and everything. We should test them to see how they work effectively, synergies between one another.

• DymStudios - CEO

@fibs said in Feature Spotlight #5 - Character Creation, Attributes And Resting:

As I understand it, Charisma is the "bard stat" that determines the ability to socially & psychologically manipulate other entities / your NPC entourage, so it influences how many pets, mercenaries, summons, or undead you can control at once, yeah?

That's a good approximation, yeah. However, the "summoner" or "necromancer" gameplay isn't necessarily linked to playing as a "mage" (casting spells from afar, lots of INT) :slight_smile:

@kairosval said in Feature Spotlight #5 - Character Creation, Attributes And Resting:

It seems weird that the cost of attribute increase for 7 and 8 are both 3, but that the cost of attribute increase for 10-15 is 2 per level. Then the cost per attribute goes back to 3 for 16 and 17, then up to 4 for 18 to 21.
    Having 7 and 8 cost three seems like a weird deviation from the rest of the pattern.

It's to make it more viable to lower a stat below 10, given the penalties for doing so are quite heavy. You made an example of a character with 6 PER and CHA - that's one who would have a hard time doing PvE (can't identify items, has very bad luck) and in PvP would be smashed by any half-decent user of Assassination and/or Illusionism. Doesn't mean it's not a viable character, but very unbalanced πŸ™‚

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #5 - Character Creation, Attributes And Resting:

@kairosval said in Feature Spotlight #5 - Character Creation, Attributes And Resting:

It's to make it more viable to lower a stat below 10, given the penalties for doing so are quite heavy. You made an example of a character with 6 PER and CHA - that's one who would have a hard time doing PvE (can't identify items, has very bad luck) and in PvP would be smashed by any half-decent user of Assassination and/or Illusionism. Doesn't mean it's not a viable character, but very unbalanced πŸ™‚

I really want to run up to people and smash them in the face then throw fire at them when they try to run away, so I'm willing to give up something. ^_^

But yeah: I'll obviously tweak expectations and plans as I get access to alpha/beta/release content and start playing.

And yes, that points-per-stat distribution does make it more viable to go below 10, and that does make a lot of sense. Seems really obvious in hindsight. πŸ™‚

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Admins, I propose to reconsider the effects that the constitution gives, because if it gives resistance to the poisons to the organism, then it should also give the resistance to both negative and positive effects of potions (on the contrary, to reduce the duration or effectiveness), because the body tries to get out of itself all foreign. Of course, it will not be very profitable to pump it to full, but it can be compensated for by additional regen or partial invulnerability to the immobilizing effects of the elements.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@33hp said in Feature Spotlight #5 - Character Creation, Attributes And Resting:

Admins, I propose to reconsider the effects that the constitution gives, because if it gives resistance to the poisons to the organism, then it should also give the resistance to both negative and positive effects of potions (on the contrary, to reduce the duration or effectiveness), because the body tries to get out of itself all foreign. Of course, it will not be very profitable to pump it to full, but it can be compensated for by additional regen or partial invulnerability to the immobilizing effects of the elements.

Healing synergizes with the body's mechanics while poison directly confronts it. You may be confusing constitution with body mass. A higher mass would make any and all potions less effective unless applied topically, but in gameplay it would be dumb to change potion quaff effectiveness on a strict linear scale with character size.

I would suggest to complicate the system of pumping stats,
    that would not be just not killed characters or over strong and successful games.
    To do this, simply add negative effects to each of the stats. I'll write as I imagine it.
    1 Strength - when pumping from above 15, NPCs and peaceful animals are afraid of you.
    2 Dexterity - when pumping from above 15 - your allied NPCs start to lag behind you
    3 Intellect - when pumping from above 15 - you start to drive the arsenal too arrogantly when talking to the NPC
    4 Constitution - when pumping from above 15 - you have increased resistance to positive effects from potions
    5 Perception - when pumping from above 15 - you begin to suspect all the games in the PC (most likely there will be some indication (a little something)) (this is the only thing that came to my mind.)
    6 Charisma - when pumping from above 15 - you begin to attract too much attention and your area of ​​aggression of monsters increases.

You can change the borders or effects.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

good news

Uhnn..nasty piece of information.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Awesome !!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Sounds great!! Can't wait for the next spotlight!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

This game is looking more exciting all the time!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This looks so incredible! Hope there'll be enough character creation options that'll make me spend hours on it.

@hornyvikingbushi

game is isometric so it'd be hard to see those details.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@jetah You are completely right found some gameplay videos just recently, still have a lot of posts I have to read, hopefully there'll still be some interesting choices especially in the demon department

@hornyvikingbushi realistically a few horns is all you'll notice, maybe the tail. Armor will cover the remaining 90%. I would like to see a few dozen horn and tail options.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured