Where is the news of the next test phase...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzait

progress on the port could have been mentioned a few times. i know it's impossible to give hard deadlines but even a few "the port is going great right now and we do expect to hit that estimated deadline" then it could have been followed by "well we hit a problem and we wont hit it." maybe add in a problem that they were having and how they fixed it.

even some of the content pills could have been prewritten (and scheduled to be released).

We haven't really had anything new to chat about in 4-5 months so we're getting on each others' nerves.
    I dont believe we've had a deep crafting spotlight (or i missed it/forgotten about it). I'd even be ok with a spotlight on what DS looks for while we're testing. like the behind the scenes look at some data, metrics, bugs that exist in text but not in internal testing (unless it's an exploit), etc.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Xzoviac said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

self entitled much?

Your attitude stinks ur not his boss.

Calm down take a deep breath

The manger will be with you shortly sharon

Iv complained too and made lengthy posts about it and actually agree with you.

But there is ways and means of asking for things being on the attack calling him unprofessional so on is not the way.

Suggestions

In future have some posts lined up every few weeks with mini bits of content, or competitions whatever to keep the forum from feeling your lack of presence during holidays

Or just make a little I'm off on holiday post cya guys soon

Keep up the good work with the game guys

Thanks for the laugh, no i'm not his boss. I'm his customer & I'm far more deadly.

Seriously tho
    I get what your saying and sure maybe i was over the top, but that was also the point.

If you ask nicely for something that someone does not have but they promised you, then they will most likely ignore you, say they don't have it, or possibly provide you with news of when they will have it.
    If however they do not provide news of something they promised you, and you have been asking nicely. Then you need to stop asking nicely.
    The person or party who promised to provide you something is only going to give that information/promised thing to you when it's finished/worth doing.

Now @Znirf is now aware that he needs to communicate more & not just rely on discord.
    It certainly isnt hard or time consuming to leave a 10-20 word message saying something like "hey guys, still working on port. Were almost done, but Alpha2 will be delayed, stay tuned)
    Could have also added the fact he was going on holiday so we would know when to expect another update, or organise someone else to do it instead.
    But the fact that nothing happened is why i said it was unprofessional, because that is a basic thing anyone with basic training would know.

But anyway, now they know.

@islesofurth said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

I'm his customer & I'm far more deadly.

lets keep death threats and person harm out of this.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@islesofurth said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

I'm his customer & I'm far more deadly.

Did you seriously take that as a legitimate threat haha? I think he was being facetious

As in customers can tank a project faster than a manager can. Which, is actually pretty accurate... But not when it's a singular customer. Unfortunately mob mentality usually favores the "white knights" of a project until it's too late. I think criticism should always be welcomed, no team is perfect. DS is no exception, let's get back to those community pill updates yeah?

Not saying that is what is going on here, but just my observation from other projects

@Pluto said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

I think he was being facetious

there was no reason at all to say it.

Znirf comment was clear, let's move on!

Play time !

"Deadly" wasn't aimed at a person, it was targeted at the project.

Well in that context the word "deadly" does not even mean killing or threatening. It means that his words are much more harsh, because he is a customer. Anyway, this has nothing to do with the whole point so lets forget about it.. 😅 ..Imho OP had few valid points and concerns, but how those where brought up was inappropriate.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

The irony is that the staff are being incredibly professional with how they're dealing with this guy. I would've gotten fired two pages ago lol

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@FibS

I can hazad a guess you do not deal with customers/clients/consulting?

This was pretty tame all things considered lol

@Pluto said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@FibS

I can hazad a guess you do not deal with customers/clients/consulting?

This was pretty tame all things considered lol

"you're in my pond, you play by my rules" is how i see it. i'm here playing by DS's rules. i have limits and will back off when told to.

@Jetah The context was he is not a boss, he is a customer. Is your boss deadly? Your interpretation doesn't even make sense.

@FibS said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

The irony is that the staff are being incredibly professional with how they're dealing with this guy. I would've gotten fired two pages ago lol

You are right they have been very professional, which is of course a really good thing.

However, if I reflect the OP's feedback to what I have experienced to see from customers, this is not even near worst what I have seen. Sometimes the frustration of customers can lead to them use very harsh words, but usually dealing the case appropriate way calms down the whole case and especially the customer.

As in a role of purchaser I have myself gave quite harsh feedback if the supplier has done something really weird or bad. Now when I think those cases afterwards, I should wait one more day with my feedback, because then there would been less emotions involved and more constructive content. I guess that 1 day rule is good advice for everyone. 😉

You must also consider that other costumers do not wish to hear such stuff in the forums, so even if you are a customer, for the benefit of other customers sometimes you have to get muted.

Company will never consider only one single customers opinion as most important one, they will consider the larger community of customers first.
    So no, you are not so "deadly" as a customer, if your views differ from majority of other customers.

-- just imagine a customer in fast food place, being disorderly and screaming how his coffee is not hot enough, and all other customers being disturbed by that behavior, not able to dine in peace, and staff then asking that customer to leave, for the benefit of other customers. Is that customer "deadly" for the company? 🙂 I don't think so.

@Gothix Making a scene in a diner is a little bit different than in forums. In restaurant that would be a really annoying, but here it is more like "whatever". 😉

@Tuoni said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@Gothix Making a scene in a diner is a little bit different than in forums. In restaurant that would be a really annoying, but here it is more like "whatever". 😉

People will think twice before making a scene in a diner, on a forum not so much. The anonymity makes it a lot easier, and not in a good way.

@Yitra It also isn't as bothersome here. Loud noises tend to be annoying.

• Wiki Editor

@Pwnstar said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

"Deadly" wasn't aimed at a person, it was targeted at the project.

Well, that makes it not less harmful 😉
    Because he did said "I am more deadly..." - for me it looks like someone who makes bad reviews/comments/ratings, if the Studio don't act as he want.

He is not totally wrong, the masses on gamer on this planet can destroy a game in no time for reasons others not even understand, how you can rage about.
    This happens daily on Steam: People who just take a look for a few hours or even just minutes to an early access game and rate it to the death.

@Yitra said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@Tuoni said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

People will think twice before making a scene in a diner, on a forum not so much. The anonymity makes it a lot easier, and not in a good way.

Yeah you are right.

@Pwnstar said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@Yitra It also isn't as bothersome here. Loud noises tend to be annoying.

You too. 😉

@Kralith said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

Because he said "I am more deadly..." - for me it looks like someone who makes bad reviews/comments/ratings, if the Studio don't act as he want.

He is not totally wrong, the masses on gamer on this planet can destroy a game in no time for reasons others not even understand, how you can rage about.
    This happens daily on Steam: People who just take a look for a few hours or even just minutes to an early access game and rate it to the death.

The tone of a conversation can change drastically depending on what the people conversing accept as a possible contribution. It has been shown by research is that a very effective way to combat bigotry in a community is for community members to shut it down - to say 'freedom of speech is NOT unbounded here - there's no yelling fire in a crowded theater, no inciting violence, and no demeaning entire groups of humans in this group. If you want to do that you'll have to leave.'

Our community's response to the Entitled Paying Customer's rudeness toward the devs was a great example of this dynamic. He has not incited violence or demeaned any groups, but WE get to say what's acceptable in our midst, and (imo) calculated rudeness toward another member of the community should not be - neither should dogwhistling threats to the entire project.

I'm perfectly capable of ignoring an asshat, whether in a restaurant, a grocery store, or a forum; but I don't think adults should be throwing tantrums anywhere, and if they do I consider it part of good service to more desirable customers when the business shows asshats the door.

In a forum setting, escalating consequences are more appropriate than an immediate boot, but please don't put in on me to just ignore asshattery - if someone doesn't understand the boundaries, or enjoys testing/trolling them, please, @Prometheus and all you moderators, spare us. 🙏 🙏

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured