When is the alpha finishing?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Does anyone know how long the test is for?

• Wiki Editor

@Azurael the Alpha 1 Test 2 probably will end today, since it was supposed to be online for just a week.
    When we get next Testing and especially, when we step into next Alpha Phase, we can't say, that just knows the Devs.
    Since we are still a bit delayed, like around 3-4 months, the Roadmap is also not exact anymore.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I just purchased a pledge pack last night and wasn’t able to log in.

I plan on playing tonight when I’m off work, in approximately 5 hours from this post.

Do we know exactly when the play test ends tonight?

• Wiki Editor

@Alexian did you bought a pack for Alpha 1?

How long the test is running just DS can say. Maybe @Znirf or @Specter will be able to tell us. πŸ˜‰

• Community Manager

It will end tomorrow at midday (CEST).

@Specter said in When is the alpha finishing?:

i mean.. people get paid on Friday. might want to keep it till then πŸ˜„

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Specter said in When is the alpha finishing?:

Well this kinda sucks. I've barely had any time to play alpha 2 😞

@deusex2 Neither did I, but I'm not too bothered by it. I see the Alphas as more of a proof of concept combined with a soundboard of idea between the Devs and us.

The hardcore testers can break the game as it's easier to pick up bugs now than later, and I get to play the Beta when things look better and perform better.

Besides: I'm sure the Devs are working on my cape right now, so all is right with the world. πŸ˜‰

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Aurellas said in When is the alpha finishing?:

@deusex2 Neither did I, but I'm not too bothered by it. I see the Alphas as more of a proof of concept combined with a soundboard of idea between the Devs and us.

The hardcore testers can break the game as it's easier to pick up bugs now than later, and I get to play the Beta when things look better and perform better.

Besides: I'm sure the Devs are working on my cape right now, so all is right with the world. πŸ˜‰

Hey, it's not like I'm crying in a corner, right now...I totally am not...

😭

even if you didn't get to play much in the alpha, you probably got to experience the majority of it. most of the alpha was going through the long process of building a base or running around and killing stuff. With crafting better gear (what limited there was) between all of it. The only thing felt like it took way too long was curing leather (at 16h to cure it, and a max of 8 being cured at once). You couldn't even build a second curing tub to cure 16 leathers, as they shared the same crafting instance.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Xzait said in When is the alpha finishing?:

even if you didn't get to play much in the alpha, you probably got to experience the majority of it. most of the alpha was going through the long process of building a base or running around and killing stuff. With crafting better gear (what limited there was) between all of it. The only thing felt like it took way too long was curing leather (at 16h to cure it, and a max of 8 being cured at once). You couldn't even build a second curing tub to cure 16 leathers, as they shared the same crafting instance.

Didn't get a chance to cure leather myself, but what do you think would be a more reasonable time span?

@Alexian probably 3 hours at the most. considering it is the third lowest tier of armour you can get... i would even go to say 1h would be better, if that. An if people can come accross your base and loot the crafting station that u make it in, 30 mins. Coz even 30 mins is a large portion of time when you could have started preparing for a higher tier armour after that. Or set it to 3h and make it so if you have 5 of the tubs to cure it, you can cure 40 at once (more effort = more efficiency).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Xzait said in When is the alpha finishing?:

@Alexian probably 3 hours at the most. considering it is the third lowest tier of armour you can get... i would even go to say 1h would be better, if that. An if people can come accross your base and loot the crafting station that u make it in, 30 mins. Coz even 30 mins is a large portion of time when you could have started preparing for a higher tier armour after that. Or set it to 3h and make it so if you have 5 of the tubs to cure it, you can cure 40 at once (more effort = more efficiency).

To clarify... are you saying it actually took 16 real world hours?

@Alexian curing leather ( 8 pieces ) took 16 real time hours. Yes. I am actually pretty happy with that time πŸ€”
    Since there is no tier system in gear progression you donΒ΄t need leather armor to craft some other armor. So it is 2 days of playing for a full set of leather armor, which I donΒ΄t have any problem with πŸ€”

Well, we will see how everything turns out to be when more content is added, that time ( the 16h ) is most likely going to change a few times in the future, since we are still only in an alpha state πŸ˜‰ ( but I guess... since it was only an Alpha, there was not really a need to have a 16h time for curing leather... πŸ˜‚ )

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Eurav said in When is the alpha finishing?:

@Alexian curing leather ( 8 pieces ) took 16 real time hours. Yes. I am actually pretty happy with that time πŸ€”
    Since there is no tier system in gear progression you donΒ΄t need leather armor to craft some other armor. So it is 2 days of playing for a full set of leather armor, which I donΒ΄t have any problem with πŸ€”

Well, we will see how everything turns out to be when more content is added, that time ( the 16h ) is most likely going to change a few times in the future, since we are still only in an alpha state πŸ˜‰ ( but I guess... since it was only an Alpha, there was not really a need to have a 16h time for curing leather... πŸ˜‚ )

Haha, damn, that's a while. But honestly... I'm cool with there being some sort of wait. Maybe not 16h, but not 5 minutes either.

I wonder if people will be able to steal someones leather, while its being cured. Being marked as thief in the process ofc.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix said in When is the alpha finishing?:

I wonder if people will be able to steal someones leather, while its being cured. Being marked as thief in the process ofc.

Hopefully so. As with all things, there's a balance to be found, but thieving should be an option.

yeah.. i dont consider 16 hours being 'easily replaceable gear' as mentioned by @Prometheus. I'll assume this is strictly for testing the mechanic.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Xzait Got to run around, for a couple hours, tops. Didn't even got to cure leather.

But damn! Sixteen hours for cured leather armor?! A little too much for one of starter armors, no? Should be half of it, at least. So that, at the very least, you'd be able to come back home from school/work and have your armor ready to be used.

I know games where it takes one whole day to produce one item. 8 leather in 16 hours is not a problem for me. Why the rush? Don't know if it is good for the game to give access to everything that easy. I like the idea to built something up even if it takes time. Other games make the mistake of giving ppl everything easy cause they demand it and later on the same ppl get bored quite fast cause they run out of content.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured