Enchanting crafting materials?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Dariusacmar said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

@deusex2 said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

My guess is, it's gonna be similar to how crafting was back in SWG. Your crafting materials will have effectiveness percentage and crafted item's effectiveness would depend on material's quality, in addition to crafter's skill.

Yeah, I have made lots of guesses as well, but the reason I asked for an answer from the Developers was because I wasn't satisfied with my guess, or anyone else. So I await an answer from them.

Well, you could've specified you were only interested in devs answer.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

My guess is, it's gonna be similar to how crafting was back in SWG. Your crafting materials will have effectiveness percentage and crafted item's effectiveness would depend on material's quality, in addition to crafter's skill.

Yeah, I have made lots of guesses as well, but the reason I asked for an answer from the Developers was because I wasn't satisfied with my guess, or anyone else. So I await an answer from them.

O.O I have...on three different responses/posts in this thread....

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

even then, the devs are pretty busy, you shouldnt only rely on responses from them. sure, they might be more insightfull/accurate/definate... but if they are too busy answering everyones random questions, they wont have time to develop the game. we are a community for a reason...

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Xzait said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

even then, the devs are pretty busy, you shouldnt only rely on responses from them. sure, they might be more insightfull/accurate/definate... but if they are too busy answering everyones random questions, they wont have time to develop the game. we are a community for a reason...

And I've never bothered them before....not that it's any of your business. This is my first question for them in the months since I have started following the game...I think 1 question every couple months is happily rare enough to allow them "time to develop the game"...

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

And I've never bothered them before....not that it's any of your business. This is my first question for them in the months since I have started following the game...I think 1 question every couple months is happily rare enough to allow them "time to develop the game"...

It is a bit much to EXPECT a reply from them.

if you really want an answer from one of them tho & wont be satisfied otherwise.
    Why haven't you just gone onto discord like everyone else?
    You can send them a PM that way.
    I mean it certainly beats bickering over nothing here

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I've meant into your original post.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@islesofurth said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

if you really want an answer from one of them tho & wont be satisfied otherwise.

Frankly because I greatly dislike discord, hardly ever use it, didn't even know that they were on there to answer things and didn't think I'd get attacked by pissants for asking the Devs a question here on the forums.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Because it was my first post ever asking a question and I didn't know that in asking I had to be specific for the Devs to answer me and not get people guessing.

• Community Manager

@Dariusacmar I'm still working on it. Prometheus is back from Gamescom so he should be able to answer it soon. 😉

• Wiki Editor

I can understand your point, but also think about if everyone think if he just ask once in a couple of months, we will have thousands of questions all around. I don‘t think we ever should expect that the Devs will answer every question and if they could do it, we can‘t expect they answer fast.
    They have to develope a game, they have to do much business stuff to get the future of the game saved. Short, they are busy as hell.
    Specter still cared for getting an answer, he said it several times. We just need to be patient, till the Dev team has time to answer our questions.

As for Discord, i like to use it, it is a great tool for myself to stay in contact with many many people. But i also can understand if someone don‘t like it. Don‘t worry, the Devs are there not much more active than they are on forum. I think the forum is the right place to ask them anything about the game. 🙂

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Kralith said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

I can understand your point, but also think about if everyone think if he just ask once in a couple of months, we will have thousands of questions all around. I don‘t think we ever should expect that the Devs will answer every question and if they could do it, we can‘t expect they answer fast.
    They have to develope a game, they have to do much business stuff to get the future of the game saved. Short, they are busy as hell.
    Specter still cared for getting an answer, he said it several times. We just need to be patient, till the Dev team has time to answer our questions.

As for Discord, i like to use it, it is a great tool for myself to stay in contact with many many people. But i also can understand if someone don‘t like it. Don‘t worry, the Devs are there not much more active than they are on forum. I think the forum is the right place to ask them anything about the game. 🙂

Yeah, that's why I had said earlier in the post that I would just wait for an answer from them, to try and stop all of this. But people still felt the need to weigh in, tell me all the things I was doing wrong, tell me I was a crappy person in direct messages and tell me I won't get answers. All in all, you and like 2 other people, including specter have been the only nice or helpful people here. So I'll state it for all of the other people that like to weigh in with their caustic crap, you have been heard and put on ignore, please don't post anymore negative things.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Yeah, that's why I had said earlier in the post that I would just wait for an answer from them, to try and stop all of this. But people still felt the need to weigh in, tell me all the things I was doing wrong, tell me I was a crappy person in direct messages and tell me I won't get answers. All in all, you and like 2 other people, including specter have been the only nice or helpful people here. So I'll state it for all of the other people that like to weigh in with their caustic crap, you have been heard and put on ignore, please don't post anymore negative things.

You really need to reflect on how misled you are, everyone in this thread has only tried to help you

So in the news release just now, it said under enchanting that the materials will have a component called intensity. Is this like the quality of the material? For instance, common quality, uncommon quality and rare?

Also, if they are the quality of the materials, are the quality of the materials going to be very obvious? An example being stone: common=sandstone, uncommon=granite and rare=marble. Or will the qualities be something not readily visible and detectable only by special skills?

(OP) This is in no way directed at the developers

And that is what I was asking the game designers. If the intensity means the quality. The example I gave for stone should have be sufficient explanation, but apparently not.

(1st reply) You claimed to be asking the "game designers", yet at no point in the thread have you actually phrased your question/s or OP to be at them.
    people have even given you suggestions to help get their attention.

Do the game designers not answer questions here?

(2nd reply) Not directed at the developers but a general question anyone can answer about them.

@Specter tyvm

(3rd reply) Doing this yourself would save everyone, especially the devs a lot of time

@Farlander Good to know. Specter said he'd get them to answer if they can, so I wait for that.

(4th reply) He actually said "I'll see if I can get an answer" not that he'd get them to answer.
    so even IF specter gets an answer, he might be the one posting it.

Ummm...it's been a week now....can I please get an answer?

(5th reply) You have been given many answers.
    if your wanting a developers answer, you need to be patient & just accept them when you get them.

(6th reply) You asked for for an answer from the developers? When?

(7th reply) The only times you even mention them is when you make a claim to have already done so
    (oh and that 1 question asking if they even reply to people)

(8th reply) Everyone here has only tried to help you
    pushing them away, snapping at them or just being down right nasty is only going to cause you problems with the very people who would always offer you a hand.

@islesofurth said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

Frankly because I greatly dislike discord, hardly ever use it, didn't even know that they were on there to answer things and didn't think I'd get attacked by pissants for asking the Devs a question here on the forums.

(9th reply) That is no excuse to start abusing people too

@Kralith said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

(10th reply) Only you were posting negative things
    Just because people don't say the things you want to hear, does not mean they are against you.

You are here for the same reason as everyone else.
    THE GAME
    Even if you don't like what someone else said, never take it out of other people.
    It can & always does come back to bite you.

The reality of the life is "no one is entitled to anything".
    Be grateful for what you are gifted with. Do not complain about gifts you didn't get.

Respect is earned, not given.

Just a few pieces of puzzle, for any interested party to put together. 😉

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Gothix said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

Be grateful for what you are gifted with. Do not complain about gifts you didn't get.

It's not entitlement to ask a question.
    Water gifted to a drowning man isn't a gift, but a curse.

Those not seeking respect do not see it as such when it forced upon them by others, and then mocked when not accepting it, because then it is not respect, but ignorant judgement.

A few more pieces.

@Gothix said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

It's not entitlement to ask a question.
    Water gifted to a drowning man isn't a gift, but a curse.

Those not seeking respect do not see it as such when it forced upon them by others, and then mocked when not accepting it, because then it is not respect, but ignorant judgement.

A few more pieces.

Atm you are derailing your own thread arguing/defending yourself, if you carry on this path the gms will lock the thread and you will never get the droids you are looking for

(the gms dont like unconstructive arguing it's why we are not allowed to talk about ideologys irl political views)

So saying that, I'm gonna try get this back on to OP

Thinking about craftable tools, and how tools could be enchanted too effect outcome of gathering,

If you can add lightning or fire to your pick axe for example, would hitting sandstone make glass?

Iv seen players talk about freezing rivers (and devs mention something similar) interaction with elements is something I'm super intrigued about.

So I'm hoping enchanting and gathering can create diffrent and intresting effects.

Another thing I was thinking (stolen from warframe and star ctizen)

Mineing in those games is a mini game not just hitting a rock, if you hit in the right places you get better loot adding a skill based minigame, could make dedicated resource collectors game play way more intresting which imo can only be a good thing,

I certainly in a RP sence will have characters who's lifes are dedicated to certain life skills, be nice if it was also fun/engaging for my lonely fisherman/miner/farmer

@Dariusacmar

the entitlement is the answer from the devs.

until they write down the full crafting plan and reiterate it a few times they might not know themselves. they may have said what they said then decide not to do it.

Hmmmm.. this is getting weird. Anyway, if devs introduces new content and shares just crumbles, they should know that people wants to know more about it. 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Because it was my first post ever asking a question and I didn't know that in asking I had to be specific for the Devs to answer me and not get people guessing.

So it never occurred to you that should you post in a forum, filled with all sorts of people, that same all sorts of people won't be replying to you, yet the devs who'd be busy working on game, would somehow, figure out that you were talking to them?

o_0

That's just not how the world works. Which was why I've came out and said that you should've specified in your opening post, that you don't care about opinions of other people, but only the hard facts, provided by the devs.

Now quit lashing out at people, and go edit your original post.

• Community Manager

Alright, that's enough. There's no need to gang up on Dariusacmar. I've forwarded his question to Prometheus and hopefully he'll answer it when he has the time to do so.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Specter said in Enchanting crafting materials?:

Alright, that's enough. There's no need to gang up on Dariusacmar. I've forwarded his question to Prometheus and hopefully he'll answer it when he has the time to do so.

Thank you.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured