Fall Alpha Launch & Dev Update #2

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone!

The second video update for the Fall Alpha is out, and the launch day has been revealed:

Wednesday, November 4, at 4pm CET (10am EST)!

Read the full announcement

See you next week for the third video development update!

Enjoy Fractured!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus
    WOOHOO!
    First! Thanks for all the hard work prometheus!

• Wiki Editor

Looks like a lot of nice stuff coming in.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Ooh my god.. this sounds incredible, haven’t even watched the video yet, but the post alone is so exciting and promising! City materials trading is going to be incredible! Question @Prometheus, do you foresee a way in the future for those commutes to get sacked? And stolen If the attacking party has the means to transport the goods? Could be a β€œcity wide” criminal act. Just curious I know this kind of thing is relatively common in red dead redemption

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Thanks for the hard work! I'm really excited to play the test no matter it's in October, time = quality work.

• Wiki Editor

I like the Smelter and Blacksmithing Design.
    Curious about how it works out to run the smelter and how to get the best fuel.

For this reason, i am curious how the trade part will work ingame.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Just wanna say I'm extremely hyped about these upcoming features, which seem very nuanced and hardcore. Looking forward to see the fruits of our labor!

Ok, its good stuff.

Hope attributes/gear will help the process so we can have ''crafter gear'' too.

I don't want to be negative Nancy here, but are there NO places to solo mine? That's ONLY going to be available to cities? Which, in turn, will be run by a governor that may only get all crafting mats for himself?

@Xulu said in Fall Alpha Launch & Dev Update #2:

want to be negative Nancy here, but are there NO places to solo mine? That's ONLY going to be available to cities? Which, in turn, will be run by a governor that may on

You will ONLY be able to do crafting within a city. There is no crafting on a home plot outside of a city. You do not have to "live" within a city, but you will need to be "a part" of a city in order to craft anything worth while.

So in that respect, there will be no "solo" crafters and thus no reason for a "solo" miner.

With that part said, there was a lot of "crafting thievery" going on at the start of the last alpha where non-citizens could "steal" from a cities crafting bank... this was thankfully fixed.. however.. it never did deal with "citizen" thievery... which I think the devs will have to come up with a way to handle.

Some of the thoughts thrown about in this regards was that "only the setter of the materials could remove the finished product" and to have a npc used for the actually placing of the materials and which would keep track of who placed what.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Ostaff It could be set so that only the producer of the item can remove it. They could then release it for city use inside a dedicated area for the city's use. Either placing it or selling it to a merchant, which would allow for the crafter to get paid for his work, or in the city's vault. Something along those lines. If they go the merchant route, it would set up a trade system. The city could then buy it from said merchant and use it. Just a thought.

@Scortch said in Fall Alpha Launch & Dev Update #2:

n buy it from said merchant and use it. Just a

Aye, that was the first suggestion I had thrown stated above. However, things that will need to be taken into consideration and addressed with that method is that there will need to be a way to "override" the permissions so that a city official can also remove the final product if the need arises or if the material has been left too long thereby taking up valuable space needlessly. That was the reason for the second suggestion of having an NPC deal with it, and then the npc would be task with the "removal" and possible "auto" auctioning of the final product. In this manner, a queue could also be formed so keep a player from having to physically wait at the crafting station for their chance to place the material. The NPC route would not take a player's actual effort to keep the crafting station running smoothly, however, it also bring in a different potential of abuse from players queing too much at one time and removing the actual "player" aspect from the crafting station which is also a negative as well.

Of course, both suggestions have drawbacks as well as their pros.

You guys have been busy. Nice work.

(...) Which, in turn, will be run by a governor that may only get all crafting mats for himself?

That would only work for him once, wouldn't it? All his villagers would decide to either move elsewhere, or try and act together in order to remove the governor from his position. Quite similar to how it works in our every day life as well, if we aren't happy with our government, we either try to change it, or we move to a different location.

Very detailed info, crafters going to earn their pay.

• Excited to see how trade works in the work. Nice surprise, thank you!

Very nice video, with many usefull tips and explanations. πŸ™‚

This is becoming more and more complex, which is great. Learning curve keeps the games interesting.

@Logain said in Fall Alpha Launch & Dev Update #2:

(...) Which, in turn, will be run by a governor that may only get all crafting mats for himself?

That would only work for him once, wouldn't it? All his villagers would decide to either move elsewhere, or try and act together in order to remove the governor from his position. Quite similar to how it works in our every day life as well, if we aren't happy with our government, we either try to change it, or we move to a different location.

@Logain In Albion Online, many of the GM's that are over black zones are the ones that get the mats that are farmed in their areas. So, I'm guessing that crafting magical goods then will be difficult? If the idea is that the player base will create goods, sell goods, etc. how does that allow for it? Even if a governor is not being a dictator, they will have to assign people frequently that wish to construct items, etc. To me, it seems it will get to be a bit clunky when half the guild wants to make items for themselves or their alts, etc. and can't because only X amount of people have rights to mine, etc. Does that make sense? Not trying to argue here, but find a solid solution to that issue. I've always thought this game was more akin to the old UO, which I loved. It feels very much like that to me. So, I'm just curious.

WOW I love the increasing realism of the Fractured world!! The fact that mining and blacksmithing are real work, demanding actual time, will turn some ppl off, no doubt, but miners and blacksmiths all over the world thank you, @Prometheus, for valuing their labor.

I'm guessing that farming and crop work will be similarly labor-intensive, in a way that will be very educational for players who take their food totally for granted.

In tandem with the reality of labor, the devs have set things up to promote/reward cooperative play. I know there are lots of solo players who will be sad to learn that they can't just have anything they want by clicking on a loot pile, but who knows? Maybe they'll be encouraged to find some buddies and share the load!

Alternatively, they might decide to kill lots of goblins to farm gold and buy what they want from more cooperative groups? Looking forward to finding out where I will fit in this rich world. maybe I'll be part of

πŸ˜‰

Now to go share this great vid on my soc med group in hopes of winning a key from @Specter and finally joining the upcoming alpha
    🀞 πŸ™ 🀞 πŸ™ 🀞 πŸ™ 🀞 πŸ™ 🀞 πŸ™ 🀞 πŸ™ 🀞 πŸ™ 🀞 πŸ™ 🀞

The plural of undead is undead not undeads! I am most offended.πŸ’€

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured