Demon Redemption

• TF#3 - ENVOY

This sounds really cool, going from a Demon to following the path of light. Does anyone have more info about it & if there are any kind of rewards for it?

Thanks

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You'll have to have a good alignement, and will need to do some divine quests if you want your demon became an angel. I don't know if there is special reward for that, but you'll be able to stay on Arboreus like a beastman, and, of course, will not be welcome if you return on Tartaros (it will be a pleasure to hunt you, I've always wanted an angel head on my wall 🙂 )

• TF#10 - CONSUL

For more infos, you can watch the Q&A stream about Races and planets, as well as there are some information in the Spotlight of PvP and Allignments, if I remember correctly^^ And of course every here and there in some of the Topics 🙂

Until now, I think the biggest reward will be that you can move for longer time to other planets and have no debuffs. And you need to do many quests before, it will be a long way to become an angel 😄 So I guess there is also another nice thing you get 🙂

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah I love a good long grind/goal & the concept sounds awesome, so really excited about this.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Walk into the light Carol Ann! alt text

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esher @Specter said that for now you'll have to stay on Syndesia as Angel. My guess is also that demon cannot change his alignment to good - you have to do the divine quest to transform. And from what was said I think as an Angel you'll be alignment locked (all Angels are good).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk My bad, I was too lazy to search, and it got me 😕 In my head, an Angel was able to stay on Arboreus, and divine quests was unlocked when you have reached good alignement ^^ Must write everything somewhere, or I'll give fake informations again ^^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esher I'm not 100% sure about the alignment but good demon wouldn't make much sense 😉 About Arboreus it was posted only 2 days ago here.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk Oh, ok, I was absent during a week, so I missed some informations (and too lazy to read all the posts :3 )

• Community Manager

@tulukaruk The devs aren't sure yet about Angels living permanently on Arboreus. It's still up for discussion. 😉

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I don't believe that there is any restriction on alignment, per say - I remember reading that demons killing "evil" things on Tartaros wouldn't improve their alignment, specifically, so it is harder for them to gain positive morality than most other races, but it isn't impossible - same way if a beasty runs around being a murderous jerk, they can go to neutral, and eventually evil, alignments - it's just hard because of Arboreus' friendly fire rules make shooting good things difficult.

Last I checked, just being good (demons) or bad (beasties) isn't enough to trigger the transformation, though what else was required was up in the air. I know religious quests are available for everyone - and that they are useful for moving alignment, since each temple quest moves you closer to that deity's alignment - they only have one restriction; you must be a worshiper of that deity.

I don't think a religious quest is specifically required to get the transformation, since they have their own quest lines to become a Chosen of that deity, and putting the transformation quests into that quest line muddles some things, programming-side.

@therippyone @Prometheus confirmed that the transformations are connected to divine quests in a post or Q&A a while back.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@specter that's why i said "for now" 😄

@TheRippyOne transformation is from Divine Quest but it's also connected with alignment.

How should a good demon be treated on Tartaros? Should Babilis still ignore him in his curses? Should evil beast-kin be able to roam freely on Arboreus? Why would Tyros tolerate him? That's why I do hope that there will be some restrictions in alignments.

in the past they said it should be in beast man planet, now its in human planet, so we should say what we think and want.
    i think it should be in beast man planet, since their the good alignment are.

• Demons can only be good if they become an angel. That might also apply to beastmen being evil.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@tulukaruk said in Demon Redemption:

How should a good demon be treated on Tartaros? Should Babilis still ignore him in his curses? Should evil beast-kin be able to roam freely on Arboreus? Why would Tyros tolerate him? That's why I do hope that there will be some restrictions in alignments.

From my understanding, the only way to be a 'good' demon is to be an Angel. AFAIK demons can only be evil or neutral, we're locked out of choosing Good even if our Karma was high enough.

As for Angels, again I think I can remember @Prometheus saying in one of the chat Q&A streams that the quest to become an Angel is linked to Tyros, so Angels will probably be locked in to worshiping Tyros.

So I'd expect Angels on Tartaros to have the usual impact where they are immune to Babils' curse, but every Demon in the area gets notified that a goodie-two-shoes Angel has touched foot on Tartaros.

But I can't back anything here up with a reference, it's going from memory with a little bit of speculation. So grain of salt this stuff. 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kairosval Abominations are immune to Babilis curse and I think it was said that Angels aren't - you're kicked out of Tartaros after all and just being target for everyone wouldn't be enough.

And with karma restrictions - that's my understanding as well.

@kairosval lol, I asked him that question. Yeah, angels are linked to Tyros so they will be immune to Babilis' curse and the planet will be alerted when they go to Tartaros.

@Cinnao I thought angels could choose who to worship, so they can become angels through their preferred good alignment god.

@rockarmy He said it was only Tyros, which kinda sucks cause I wanted to go for Elysium. Check the July 23rd races & planets Q&A if you want to know for sure.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured