Why MMO if you like to Solo?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Curious about those who like to solo games, but still want to be in an MMO. I fluctuate between hating people and being helpful in a guild, multiplayer, typesetting.
    Is it the option to group with people a draw?
    Is it the diversity you can get by grouping (forced or otherwise) that still makes you want to MMO despite instinct to solo?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm antisocial that's why I'm a solo player. 😉

• TF#5 - LEGATE

The allure of griefing and PvP.

Playing with others is a means to an end.

I like Sparky though. He's my guy.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Sparky, @Dulu: If antisocial people like each other, it is kind of social interaction, so a social activity of antisocial people, what means that antisocial people are social people between each other in comparison to social people who are antisocial to antisocial people because they are not social to social people 😄 😵 🤔 😂

Well, back to the topic^^
    I think group building in first instance will be random (spawn point, first city or region where you live) and you need to work with players nearby, if you want to work with them of course 😉 Many players (like me^^) like also to play more single, because they are pushed in some groups to hurry up, move and fight faster and grow their level faster. I like groupwork, but I also want to enjoy MMOs in my speed and not in the speed of the fastest member of groups, except if there are important tasks 🙂

Well, after you have become able to move wherever you want, or at least to other cities without to die, you can go to the city of a party you like to be part of and to work with. I guess, this part is also more interesting for all Players, Solo or Group.

And last but not least, one of the main aims of fractured is to create a game, equal for Group and Solo players, so that everybody can relax his stile, or switch between Solo and Group like I guess most of the Players will do 🙂

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Slightly off topic: I like group based gameplay. But I'm time-poor and most of my mates don't play MMOs. So it's hard to find and maintain a group. So I wind up solo-ing quite a lot.

One of the things I liked about GW2 was how world events would lead to spontaneous groups.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I enjoy playing with people, but I hate talking to them.

I'm weird.

• Somehow I always end up managing things.. I do enough of that IRL.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I don't want to solo. I just don't have any friends to play with so I am forced to play alone.

i like the grope activists but a lot of the time i like solo running in the world, and get some interaction meeting people.
    and if i had real friend that would play the game, then i would have probably play more in a group.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

In my case, the reason I prefer to play solo is because 1. exploring the game world only makes sense as a solo enterprise and 2. randos make the game less enjoyable, not more. Not every person plays the game at the same pace or for the same reasons, but group instances (especially in the endgame) disproportionately skew the player pool towards metagamers who kick you if you take 1 second too long because you actually want to hear an NPC dialogue or examine a neat architecture or are adjusting your skills or equipping a new dungeon set item or whatever.

I'm playing a game, not taking a math class, so I won't be constantly speedrun stratting every instant and you'll just have to deal with it.

This dissonance is less likely to happen if you've established connections with someone (guildmates etc.) before grouping up or over the course of several group instances with the same party members. I'm perfectly fine doing party instances with curated party members instead of the random queue.

I don't think there is anyone in the world who insists on 100% solo play only in an MMO - that's what Diablo clones are for. They won't have a good time in Fractured where such a fantasy is impossible.

I prefer group play, but sometimes I get concerned that I'm maybe not giving it 100%. In those situations I will play solo for a while until I'm back on form.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs it's the same for me.
    Plus for me talking to people can be a exhausting 😉

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I always liked solo since it can sometimes get annoying with other players taking spawns and such. However, playing with others can also feel rewarding since they are able to assist in combat and such.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

haha i been wondering that myself, but over the years i've grown to like some alone time in-game and not depend on anyone, also have been encountering an increased number of trolls (luckily most mmo have mute/ignore button). but anyways I still love having ppl around (thus i am here) but understand solo ppl just a little more 🙂

Group play doesn't (and shouldn't) be about grouping with randoms.

It should be about finding a nice like minded people, that share your play style and virtues, and then making a guild with them. This way you don't depend on "randoms", but rather group up with trusted people, that you know you like, for various adventures.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@gothix said in Why MMO if you like to Solo?:

Group play doesn't (and shouldn't) be about grouping with randoms.

It should be about finding a nice like minded people, that share your play style and virtues, and then making a guild with them. This way you don't depend on "randoms", but rather group up with trusted people, that you know you like, for various adventures.

I agree. I feel like the best way to do this, is to create challenging content. Even in leveling, but particularly in leveling dungeons. Make it so that people should look for help. It creates a natural "I need you" environment which is missing from modern MMO's.

You can be an ass to people in modern MMO's, because you can just replace them, or more likely - requeu and never see them again.

Most if not all MMOs enjoy constant updates and revolving content. You can in most cases find things to do solo, then crafting systems if done correctly can facilitate a solo type player experience. There are many facets of MMORPGs that can enjoy a fairly light social aspect. Lack luster MMORPGs make you play them. Awesome MMORPGs let you play them.

@mazikar said in Why MMO if you like to Solo?:

Most if not all MMOs enjoy constant updates and revolving content. You can in most cases find things to do solo, then crafting systems if done correctly can facilitate a solo type player experience. There are many facets of MMORPGs that can enjoy a fairly light social aspect. Lack luster MMORPGs make you play them. Awesome MMORPGs let you play them.

I disagree that crafting should be doable solo. I'd much prefer specialization than 'everyone can do everything equally well'.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

just like in real life , some player may love doing most things solo but the fact there is other people exist in the same world as yours make whatever you are doing worthy
    being introvert doesnt mean hate society,they just like playing in background and observing things xD

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I spend most of m)y time these days just playing solo in pvp always enjoyed the challenge and after dealing with people all day its nice just to sit back and say nothing

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured