Feature Spotlight #2 - Universe, Planets and Travels

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone,

the August hiatus is over and the second Fractured Feature Spotlight is finally live!

Click here to read the journal!

The first part of the spotlight describes the universe of Fractured more in detail - how it came to be, what it looks like today, and what are the characteristics of its three planets Arboreus, Syndesia and Tartaros.

In the second part, we unveil eclipses, recurring events that have a huge impact on the lives of Demons and Humans.

Last but not least, we discuss the idea of “travel” in Fractured and drop some hints regarding the survival elements that exist in the game.

Let us know what you think about this new sneak peek and what you'd like us to cover next!

Enjoy Fractured!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Damn ! This spothlight will make a lot of people happy ^^ Eclipses system seem to be fun, as the travels. Just a little thing, we can hardly read the differences between real time and Fractured time 😕 The merchant job seem to be harder than I expected ^^ (more challenge, I like it >:D )

• TF#10 - CONSUL

YAY! Update! 😄

I have a few questions though:

Day/night cycles behave realistically on each world, with half of the surface of a planet being in day time and the other in night time, sunrise and sunset moving smoothly along the surface. Seasons act in a similar way, being opposite in the two hemispheres, but less noticeable at the equator, where temperatures are more or less constant.

Oh boy, the whole planet can be explored? Does that mean It's possible to run completely around a planet?

Food and drinks. You start your journey to the largest town of the realm. Just like fighting, travelling accelerates the need to feed yourself. While some regions are rich with edible resources and you can hope to find food on the way, this one is quite bare and requires adventures to plan their trip wisely. You open your bag, and realize there’s only a slice of hardtack in it – and this is not LOTR. Damn!

Does a big bear-kin require more food than a scrawny Nightmare demon or is it all the same?

Rest. You won’t get fooled this time. You have plenty food, water and all the clothing you need. A little too much, in fact. You’re heavy, and you’re tiring quickly. When your legs refuse to move any longer, you set up a makeshift bed, feast aplenty and close your eyes for a shirt sleep – but your lame camp offers little protection, so a pack of wolves ends up feasting on you. Too bad!

I hope resting doesn't take too much time. I don't want to be forced to go AFK for an hour because my character needs sleep.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Interesting read for sure. One question regarding the eclipse:

Is it planned to have full eclipses with total darkness, so only demons can see like normal and humans have to use torches (or something similar) to see far enough?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Wow! This is going to be quite a game!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This was quite an interesting read! Thanks for the update!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

nice new news

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I love exploration in games and this sounds as the greatest I've seen.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The eclipse system is just soooo nice. Very sci-fi old school gateway-ish hehe

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

wuoa, nice news. I like ecplipses idea

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I hope you guys can pull off all that has been talked about in the world. Sounds like an awesome undertaking worth waiting for though.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Stargates 😄 xD 👍

Well pretty sweet spotlight, good job dev team 😉
    So I got a question:

• About the hunger/thirst system, what happens if your hunger/thirst bar drops do 0? You die? You get debuffs/weaker stats? How will it work? 🙂

Oh and btw, I loved your eclipse system, and I intend to play as human, but make no mistake, I don´t plan on hiding from the demons that come to kill us ahaha 😛

Awesome update, thanks guys! Lots of truly interesting ideas and concepts 🙂

Some questions :

• Time cycles: are these the actual exact time cycles (i.e. exactly 2 hours IRL for 1 day IG) or is that approximately so? If so, have you considered non-even numbers so that players always playing at the same time every day don't always see the same daylight pattern? If so, why not?

• If I understood correctly : 1) every planet has the same day length, 2) two of them orbit each other, 3) eclipse on those two may last several IG days. I might be wrong but, intuitively, it doesn't seem cosmologicaly possible for all 3 statements to be true. Are your cosmological mechanics actual (i.e. fully implemented in SpatialOS) or are they solely for narrative/background/gameplay reasons?

• Any chance we can get a larger versions of those concept arts for desktop wallpaper purposes?? 😄

Interesting stuff! I would love to hear more about magic and spells 🤤

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Love the spotlight! Tons of new information. Brings up many questions that I see people already asking. Hopefully this will inspire more people to play the Demon races.

One Month = 1 year, that is pretty fast, a new season each week, should be super cool!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

one click unity...
    more news !)

Thanks, great news! 🙂

@holyavengerone About the eclipses, remmember this is a fantasy game, even if doesn´t seem cosmologicaly possible it doesn´t mean it can´t be implemented that way in the game 🙂 , and I actually like the idea of lasting a few IG days 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured