Glyph and Re-downloading Fractured?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@LordSkykal or @Arcahem or anyone else that can answer this question 🙂

When we switch to Glyph will we need to re-download Fractured?

I, personally, am about to defrag my hard drive and if I am going to have to delete and then reinstall the game I would like to know beforehand, rather than after I defrag. Let us know please. Much appreciation!

How bout just not downloading it right away genius?

@TekNicTerror said

How bout just not downloading it right away genius?

sigh Some folks just don’t bother to think, at all. I have already downloaded Fractured “genius.” Why? Because, wait for it, I have been playing the Alpha versions!

What I am asking is, once the game moves to Glyph, are we going to have to start over and delete everything that we have already downloaded for that alpha tests and start over by downloading the entire game through Glyph.

As for genius, before I died (yep had a heart attack and was technically dead for four minutes) I had an IQ of 147. Genius? Probably not, but close. Unfortunately, due to being dead, I suffered brain damage. I now have an IQ somewhere around 130. Makes me feel rather dumb. I do know, however, that in this scenario, I am far closer to genius then you are.

This is the kind of thing I don’t understand. People come in and have to treat others badly and call them names without even understanding the question that was being asked. Why are folks like this? @TekNicTerror why did you have to attack me like that?

@StormBug just ignore him

As for downloading, we will 99% have to download it again, yes.

@spoletta Thank you!

I don't think you get the meaning..... if you end up deleting the fractured files for whatever reason, why are you (or anyone else for that matter) going to redownload them now when there is no test running (at the given moment of course)? It doesn't even matter if there is a question or not if the game's launcher will be changing or not, why is it anyone would need to redownload it right away?

• Content Creator

@TekNicTerror and you're not understanding @StormBug

She's saying if she doesn't have to redownload the game, then she won't delete her current install of the game before defragmenting her drive. However, if it is going to need to be redownloaded anyway, not just patched, then she might as well delete it and remove it from her system prior to defragmenting her drive, so she has a cleaner system for when she does need to redownload the game for Glyph. She hasn't deleted the files yet, she's trying to see whether she should or not.

@GamerSeuss said in Glyph and Re-downloading Fractured?:

@TekNicTerror and you're not understanding @StormBug

She's saying if she doesn't have to redownload the game, then she won't delete her current install of the game before ..... She hasn't deleted the files yet, she's trying to see whether she should or not.

Exactly!!! And thank you for understanding basic English.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@TekNicTerror said in Glyph and Re-downloading Fractured?:

I don't think you get the meaning..... if you end up deleting the fractured files for whatever reason, why are you (or anyone else for that matter) going to redownload them now when there is no test running (at the given moment of course)? It doesn't even matter if there is a question or not if the game's launcher will be changing or not, why is it anyone would need to redownload it right away?

You really can't figure out why people would want to be able to play the instant the beta launches vs waiting anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple hours for the game to download again when it does go live??

• I do not advise this for everyone but I personally would let Glyph install the directories and then stop Glyph after a few moments. Next I'd put the old game files in the newly installed directories. This could absolutely cause problems but most installers and launchers these days perform an integrity check on the directories/files before launching. In short, the launchers automatically update, patch, or replace, etc... Anything out of date or incorrectly sized gets the boot if it doesn't match a byte check. This method might transfer some unnecessary bloat on your drives but it might provide quicker access to the game.

I actually did this with ArcheAge (Gamigo property utilizing the Glyph launcher) a number of times because it was something like a +99GB download then the decompression process took ages. Download servers were always swamped at launch so no matter how fast or low latency my connection, bandwidth was limited on their end. Then there was the wait for decompression, I have no idea what sort of inferior decompression scheme they were using but a cutting edge PC with SSD and/or NVME drives and it took over an hour or so.

There's really no reason to do this with Fractured, the game isn't an incredibly large download.. but I know some folks still have bandwidth limitations.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

That seems like an enormously bad idea. A simple uninstall of the old version, download the new client and run should work with no issues.

OTOH, if you copy the game files it could definitely result in corrupted files that a file checker might not catch. I'm going to try it when i get home from work.

A simple uninstall of the old version, download the new client and run should work with no issues.

This should be the best option.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

It worked for me. Although it only downloads the launcher, not the whole game. I really hope they open that up before the launch

@DarthJafo said in Glyph and Re-downloading Fractured?:

It worked for me. Although it only downloads the launcher, not the whole game. I really hope they open that up before the launch

Yeah it would be reasonable to have a chance to download the game before release.

• Ah yes, it seems, that I'm at the right place here ... 🙂
    I did all of the account migration, login-blablabla aso asf. Everything worked quite well .. in the end.

I deleted my "Fractured" files from Alpha completely and tried to install Fractured by using the Glyph launcher - but there you can only install the Glyph launcher again and again.
    Is this right? - The Beta files are NOT downable right now, yes? (I'm just curious - not to miss a thing - it's not bad, that they maybe want to provide the files for the closed Beta on 6th of April)

Anyhow it seems, that the Glyph launcher is really only a launcher. The shop, account and help is available in a browser only. Am I right?

So far ... let's wait for the "INSTALL" button to appear in the Glyph launcher. 🙂

• @Ookywooky At the moment the game cannot be downloaded via the Glyph-launcher.

And as you noted, purchases, support and account details can only be made and accessed through the Glyph website.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

i really hope they made the download ready this weekend sometime. Otherwise we may have tens of people trying to download the game at the same time which could result either in substantially slower download speeds or crashing the server entirely.

@LordSkykal said in Glyph and Re-downloading Fractured?:

@Ookywooky At the moment the game cannot be downloaded via the Glyph-launcher.

But do we actually need to delete it in the first place or can we just direct the Glyph launcher to install in the same location? And if we do need to uninstall I would like to know how @Ookywooky and others managed to do it because when I go to my control panel and use uninstall program the only thing that gets uninstalled is the launcher and the short cut. All of the game’s 8 plus gigs worth of files are still present and accessible.

• @StormBug Hello Hero Stormbug,

To be on the safe side, you should remove the old files to avoid corruption of the same.

I have successfully and completely eliminated Fractured using my computer Control Panel > Uninstall Files.

• @StormBug well, I simply deleted the 8GB of game-executeables and data AFTER uninstalling the game in den system.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured