Solo playing became extremely difficult.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@grofire said in Solo playing became extremely difficult.:

@Harleyyelrah it doesn't make it better... you will need to pay the city tax and contribute whatever the city demand, and build your own home too.
    how is it better?
    in all recent MMO i played its seemed like you had to part of a guild (for example albion) but it wasn't fun... all the good guilds just force you to do staff and you get a small or non of the achievement.
    its not a bunch of friends that play together, its usually several no life players that want to exploit you.
    and no you can't go and find a different guild, since without FF, you will get zerg down every time.

and @Zori is right.

he didn't read any of the post/responses, how can you expect him to see things from other peoples perspective?

He posted something similar on one of my threads, he didn't even acknowledge any of the points I've made and went on a tangent with "well, heres what my guild does and we're having fun."

???

that's now how you expand or contribute to a discussion.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Zori First of all SHE not HE.

And second of all if you read my points at all, I actually answered #4 of YOUR response, which was your suggestion being that a player should be able to become a citizen and yet have a plot elsewhere, I was telling you that it is already possible.

Accusing others of not reading when you yourself is the one who didn't read, well. That's not how you expand or contribute to a discussion on the forums.

@grofire At this point of the implementation, there is no tax yet, and there are groups that are planning to be a bunch of friends playing together and not players who want to "exploit" you.

If you don't want to join a city, you can always trade with players who did join a city. Trade hides in exchange for leather, or something to that degree. This whole system is to support group and player interaction. Fractured is supposed to have dynamic economy based on players, it would be worthless if everyone could do everything solo. We would all be playing Minecraft then.

@Harleyyelrah said in Solo playing became extremely difficult.:

@grofire At this point of the implementation, there is no tax yet, and there are groups that are planning to be a bunch of friends playing together and not players who want to "exploit" you.

who care about this test? im talking about the finish version... it shouldn't be a game without or punishing solo players.
    and it was said before that the finish version will have tax, no matter if it a guild city or a free city.

@Zori First of all SHE not HE.

And second of all if you read my points at all, I actually answered #4 of YOUR response, which was your suggestion being that a player should be able to become a citizen and yet have a plot elsewhere, I was telling you that it is already possible.

Accusing others of not reading when you yourself is the one who didn't read, well. That's not how you expand or contribute to a discussion on the forums.

If you don't want to join a city, you can always trade with players who did join a city. Trade hides in exchange for leather, or something to that degree. This whole system is to support group and player interaction. Fractured is supposed to have dynamic economy based on players, it would be worthless if everyone could do everything solo. We would all be playing Minecraft then.

Oh okay, I'll apologise cause you've said you've read it.
    So how come that even when you've read it, you keep missing out their point?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Solo players can have the option of going solo, that is their right as a player. But if you go solo you should not expect to have all the privileges that a citizen would enjoy as part of a city. There is a reason why eventually taxes WILL be implemented in the game, it's because the city/governor are supposed to have a continuous relationship of working together to build towards the good of the group.

The current setup with the crafting stations being centered around cities works for both solo and group players. Group players did the work together and built the city, so they should enjoy the privileges of citizenship. Solo players can TRADE with city players for those mats/items that they need, leading to economy and interaction.

Again, if you are expecting to be able to do everything in your house by yourself, then we'd just be playing Minecraft instead of a dynamic player-driven MMO.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Harleyyelrah If a country house will give unique advantages, then this will give more variety and players will be able to choose what is more important to them, the advantages obtained in the city or outside the city. It's just a matter of balance. The more variety, the more players will find a place for themselves and the more players will eventually be in the game.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@catraccoon You have a point there. Then it is up to the preference of the player to choose, giving something up in one area but gaining in another.

One advantage of a solo plot right now is that you cannot build the largest house in a city plot. The largest city personal plot is only 4x4, while there are housing models much larger.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Harleyyelrah I hope the real benefits will be the land around the country house. More precisely, the ability to use it, it is possible to grow something.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I've been able to do 98% of everything I've come across solo so far, but I've only played these 4-5 days...

Having said that, I really think the end-game will... or HAS... to be so different than what we see here that it almost makes it impossible to discuss, assuming we're only seeing around 15% or so of the final game.

Correct?

Z

Solo players can have the option of going solo, that is their right as a player. But if you go solo you should not expect to have all the privileges that a citizen would enjoy as part of a city.

i would i not expect to have the same privileges that a citizen has ? am i not a player same as you ? did i not buy this game ?

Again, if you are expecting to be able to do everything in your house by yourself, then we'd just be playing Minecraft instead of a dynamic player-driven MMO.

there is nothing in city that make it special in building stuff, the only change should be time... since city will have NPC and city have more people it should take significantly longer, and that OK and immersive, but saying you can't because of.... city ?? that just stupid.

@Znick said in Solo playing became extremely difficult.:

I've been able to do 98% of everything I've come across solo so far, but I've only played these 4-5 days...

Having said that, I really think the end-game will... or HAS... to be so different than what we see here that it almost makes it impossible to discuss, assuming we're only seeing around 15% or so of the final game.

Correct?

Z

We're still on the most basic of the basic forms of the game. Essentially, we're just being exposed to how to do the most basic thing and make sure that they're running smoothly, and that mechanics won't clash.

So atm, people asking for PVP or trying to PVP and expecting a 'feedback' off of it is kind of just wasting their time. The focus of the current test is city building, somehow a lot of people can't seem to see that. Some even try to recruit guild members via game and make a heavy emphasis on it, as if we're already on open beta/release.

Sure there's not enough content on city building, but discussing it would be more useful than "let's see who can outkill each other".

People who aren't taking the 'city building test phase' seriously and are being flippant about it is exhausting and does not contribute to the test at all, i'm not saying it's you. I'm making a general observation on the myopia from some of the testers here.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Znick If you play as a warrior, then the situation is slightly better. It gets easier when you unlock a lot of skills. But in the beginning, when there are few skills, it's pretty hard. Playing as a mage in solo is quite a pain. Probably simple skills from simple monsters would improve the situation so that the progress would be smoother.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss Not true. MMOs have always been about multiplayer - for example working together for crafting (unless u have lots of alts), kill some legendary bosses, do dungeons etc.

U can change things in single player games too. Thats a feature, not a game. But u can t change much in fractured anyway ? this is not a sandbox mmo.

Playing a multiplayer game with minimal contact to other players is ur choice playing the game (single-player / co-op games could offer better storylines though) - but an mmo had and has always been about challenges for groups, the only question is how much of the game is for solo/group play

In the end this is just game design to give towns some worth - if u could do all on ur own in ur house in the middle of nowhere there would be zero point to player-settlements and no reason to conquer/destroy them.

So far fractured is lacking multiplayer content. I hope that alot more will be added later.

In my opinion it might be better to get rid of the houses in the wild- or let them beeing attacked constantly by roaming monsters so that players have to overcome a challenge (together)

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Tyrgrim All my experience shows that people themselves unite and set goals for themselves. They do not need to be forced to unite. A good MMO sandbox game design gives you tools and freedom. There is no reason to choose one thing. Both cities and country houses can be simultaneously in the game. The more variety, the more players will find the game interesting.

@catraccoon said in Solo playing became extremely difficult.:

people themselves unite and set goals for themselves

Strongly agree with this, people are naturally 'social creatures'. If the 'grouping' organically happened, not because it was forced upon them chances are they will stick together more and form a much more cohesive bond.

This is why you have so many games where grouping was necessary but you get shit loads of trolls cause they know how 'necessary' it is and it was enforced on them.

Grouping will happen naturally if the environment allows for it to happen, if it's forced upon people it's just going to feel like a 'task' more so than something enjoyable.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Zori Very well articulated. Totally agree with you.

• Content Creator

@Tyrgrim said in Solo playing became extremely difficult.:

U can change things in single player games too. Thats a feature, not a game. But u can t change much in fractured anyway ? this is not a sandbox mmo.

But that's just it, THIS IS A SANDBOX MMO. Fractured was billed from the very beginning as an Isometric, Sandbox MMO.

Multiplayer and Group/Co-op play are two very different beasts. The Multiplayer in MMO means it is a multiple player, rich, shared environment. Players can, if they so choose, do nothing but craft, and then sell their wares to other players. They can go on monster hunts, or join big monster take-downs for the good of the realms. They can spend their time farming and fishing and other tasks if they so wish as well. It is a true Sandbox situation. Yes, there will be creatures so fearsome for one reason or another that only a group, or a very well equipped individual with the right Talent mix could possibly overcome them. Generally, less the latter, seeing as this is an isometric game. There is a real goal of there not being a massive power gap between players overall that would prevent too much of that.

Join a city if you want to:

a. help build an in-game community
    b. help build a hub for your guild or a group of friends
    c. want easy access to all kinds of crafting stations and a centralized market
    d. want a relatively safe place that isn't going to be a juggernaut through the wilds all the time to get in and out of. Possibly very defensible.

Play it solo if you want:

a. To be a self-sufficient type who dabbles in several crafts to facilitate their own existence without dependence on everyone else
    b. To feel the challenge of braving the wilds day in and day out as you try to carve out your own little island in the wilderness
    c. Prefer 99% of the time, the solitude of not depending on, or being depended on by others, while knowing that civilization is just a short trek away for those odd times when you do want to socialize.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Am I missing something? I was able to defeat every enemy this alpha, solo, with non-enchanted scholar armor.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Hathos I had a lot of knowledge points but few skills, at that moment I was experiencing difficulties. When there were more skills, it became easier. Progress in the beginning feels bad. It would be great to see progress more linear, smoother. In the beginning, I got a bunch of knowledge points. I invested everything in talents, since I had no skills that I could discover and use. Then the situation began to change quickly and dramatically. The exchange had a feeling that progress was sagging and then rapidly accelerating.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Depends how you go by it I guess.
    I got all my skills before converting any knowledge points into talent points for my archer. When I got all my skills I had like 50 talent points waiting to be claimed.

Next test I will save about 10K Knowledge for skills and convert anyting above it to Talent points. Don't start putting in Talent points before you have your skills to be honest.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured