Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Honestly, based off the way the game sounds and gameplay, it seems like it will easily fall into a territory of being like every other mmo in the same category of Albion. They're all very similar, and they don't have much that sets them apart. So what's new in this game that'll be different from every other game like it?

• I think the best way to understand that would be to review the developer videos on their youtube channel. If you watch the first one and aren't interested, you've saved time. Or, perhaps you'll be like me, watch them all, and finally get that eternal pack.

Or here's a gameplay look for more immediate reaction:

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@kingpwood

Albion is linear - characters must progress from "T1" zones to "T6" zones. These zones become progressively more griefer-focused until the black zones, which are utterly lawless.

Fractured is not linear. There are no "tiered zones". There are three separate planets entirely: a PvE one, a lawful PVP one, and a lawless PVP one. All three are equal with their own start, middle, and endgame.

Fractured is effectively a MOBA with three game modes, and you can scoot your character between the three with some limitations.

• At surface level, it may seem similar due to the camera and categorization of gameplay.. The similarities quickly fall off when you consider the different races, elections, etc.. There's lots to discover, I'd recommend you start with the oldest news posts and work your way up.

https://fracturedmmo.com/news/page/12/

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@kingpwood There is a lot of similarities between Albion and Fractured, both are sandbox MMORPGs with MOBA -styled combat and full loot system, therefore, the starting point is the same. However, I would say that the main differences are how the character progression and the world structure is implemented. In Albion the character progression is mainly vertical and in Fractured it will be mainly horizontal. In Albion the world is laddered and tiered making the zone distribution unequal, however, In Fractured the world is divided into three planets where everyone offering different but also equal content to cater different player types. I would say these two aspects are the biggest difference between these two games. I also expect Fractured to be less grindy but lets see. Like mentioned before you should check the news section from website and read at least the Feature Spotlight Series, starting from this one: Feature Spotlight #1

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So your saying it has Trammel........that sucks. Trammel is what ruined UO.

@CoolHwip said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

So your saying it has Trammel........that sucks. Trammel is what ruined UO.

Well Arboreus can be somehow compared to Trammel, however, you are saying that it ruined UO because it became so popular?

"it has isometric view"

it must be an Albion clone.

UO in the corner crying

@Jetah Not a clone but it is easy to argue that Albion has most similarities with Fractured than any other game which is why so many compares these two with each other.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Quite early to tell, but yes there are a lot of similar things.
    I've played a lot of MMORPGs especially isometric ones and I prefer them.
    20+ years playing such games.
    If we compare it straight to Albion.
    The Planet system is similar to the Blue,Yellow,Red,Black Zones in Albion. The difference from what I read and hear will be that all game content will be also on the PvE planet.(Still have to see how it is implemented tho like can you change planets and when and how)
    Militia System is kinda similar to the Faction Warfare.
    Albion skills are based on items that you wear while Fractured right now is more flexible but I'm afraid it will end up with very few builds skill wise but we have to wait and see as right now game balance is not yet known.
    Gathering:
    in Albion is a profession you have very few resource type and the whole gathering process is just to walk around and click things, while in Fractured seems there is no such role and it is like everyone can get everything relatively easy and even tho there is huge amount of resources I don't see much need to gather as you don't actually need that many yet.
    Crafting:
    So far crafting in Fractured is in way too early stage, it can go either way, you have the basic set, leather and cloth and some choices of materials I'm waiting to see how this will expand in future. Enchanting is cool concept but I feel it needs some RNG to be more exciting.
    Albion crafting is very limited and straight forward, you have the basic 3 types heavy,medium,light with few sub types each(giving you different skills and a little different stats) then you have the tiers still very limited T4,T5,T6,T7,T8, and you have aditional tiers like .1,.2,.3 which you kinda sum. Very basic and very boring. And the Item Quality which is RNG. Leveling Crafting or Crafting is just get mats press craft. Also the whole player driven economy make it so crafting is actually costing you money and it is cheaper to buy crafted. The whole idea is that items are just consumable for the end game content which is PvP.
    I would not call Albion Sandbox game as there is no sand, just a box.
    PvP I have no idea how Fractured PvP will be. But Albion PvP is the content that is the focus of the game, it has some good sides and bad sides. It has Structured GvG(that used to be the main endgame kind of PvP) ZvZ that has always been a mess in Albion , And Ganking which is also the bane of all full loot mmorpgs 20v2.
    MOBA style strutcured GvGs in Albion were dominated by the strongest teams and for very long time were limited to the "elite" then the crystal GvGs kinda fixed it but still the problem remains, you have to be extremely lucky to be able to form stable consistent team that can play all at the same time. Or if you just play with random people like SoloQ in LoL you are just donating gear. Imagine playing LoL against LCS teams as solo Q Gold rank.
    ZvZ in Albion is and always will be cat and mouse game most of the time bigger blob wins. The Tactics are to zone lock with superior numbers. If inferior numbers just avoid fighting which is not fun at all.
    Ganking can't be balanced thats the reality. Solo Ganking is OK in my opinion but if solo ganking is possible then two people with gank builds is way too strong. And you can't stop 20 or even more people to form gank parties, and it gets to the point where people counter this by just forming mega alliances to find safety in numbers just overwhelming regions with numbers that it is not viable for Gankers.
    The only game I found ZvZ kinda working is GW2 with the WvW system when all the servers are populated and it is full numbers, equal items etc.
    I want to see how Fractured will deal with this problems.
    PvE albion in beta had really limited PvE fractured already seems on a good road to have more fun PvE.
    Albion had some improvements over the years with more diversity with the random dungeons but still I would say it is kinda the same 3-4 mob factions repeating.
    Fractured PvE right now have variety tho balance and monster AI/Agro/combos is off a bit. Also the targeting and combat system doesn't really work great right now.
    I love the concept that you learn skills that the monsters use. But this rises a question how many more skills and monsters we can get? I mean balancing LoL character that has 4 skills is doable, but you can't balance combination of 8 when there are over 1000 different skills.
    Player Housing
    Albion resorted to the Personal Islands which are instanced, I loved the Ultima Online style where you could build almost anywhere in the world.
    Fractured is a bit of both, but I can see problem with not enough claim spots, no idea how big the final world will be and what population numbers we are talking about here.
    Player City Albion had guild controlled city territories which were almost never used as actual cities. Now they have hideouts but still not a real city.
    I can't wait to see how Fractured player towns will work.

TLDR: There are difference and similarities but it is too early to tell what direction Fractured will take.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@FibS said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

Fractured is effectively a MOBA.

Wait... what? I hate MOBAs. Guess I can uninstall now?

I was hoping for a fully fledged heavy MMORPG like UO and I hate nothing more in this world than MOBAs...

@EXCIDIVM said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

@FibS said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

Fractured is effectively a MOBA.

Wait... what? I hate MOBAs. Guess I can uninstall now?

I was hoping for a fully fledged heavy MMORPG like UO and I hate nothing more in this world than MOBAs...

The combat is MOBA -styled but the game is still MMORPG, so relax. 😉

• People see the videos on youtube or twitch, and see an isometric gameplay
    • People don't bother to read spotlights and rest of the news section and game info
    • People come and ask if the game is Albion clone.

This preetty much sums up many of the posts. 😄

Oh yeah...

• People don't search forums to find that many have posted similar question to this as well.

So the easyest answer:

No Fractured isn't Albion clone, not by far. For more details go to:

https://fracturedmmo.com/news/page/12/

start there and read on forward.

• @Gothix
    People don't compare it to Albion because it's isometric, but because right now Albion is the most successful game with similar mechanics - full loot pvp and localized markets, dynamic economy, arpg-style gameplay, zones with different pvp rules, big guilds/zvz who fight over areas.

@AcOrP
    There are enough examples in Albion were small guilds succeded despite having small ZvZ: articula mortis reaching crystal as a solo guild and taking over territories from EGO (a huge alliance at that moment); u12 academy taking over W Anglia; 1pg leaving squad and going solo in the middle of the season and ending up as a crystal guild controlling the whole swamp area in Mercia & pushing into archganistan.
    PS: It's worth mentioning that Albion also had HCE (endgame pve content for carebears) and HGs (entry level 5v5 activity with pve).

I would say that no-one is comparing Albion and Fractured between each other because of the isometric view, it is more about the genre and mechanics. Moreover, it is interesting that those who have actually played Albion have seen and understands the similarities and those who have none or less experience do not, coincidence? 😂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Razvan said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

@Gothix
    People don't compare it to Albion because it's isometric, but because right now Albion is the most successful game with similar mechanics - full loot pvp and localized markets, dynamic economy, arpg-style gameplay, zones with different pvp rules, big guilds/zvz who fight over areas.

@AcOrP
    There are enough examples in Albion were small guilds succeded despite having small ZvZ: articula mortis reaching crystal as a solo guild and taking over territories from EGO (a huge alliance at that moment); u12 academy taking over W Anglia; 1pg leaving squad and going solo in the middle of the season and ending up as a crystal guild controlling the whole swamp area in Mercia & pushing into archganistan.
    PS: It's worth mentioning that Albion also had HCE (endgame pve content for carebears) and HGs (entry level 5v5 activity with pve).

I was part of U12 so I know from own experience I've done some GvGs and crystals. U12 was part of EGO we called it west EGO.
    EGO was very very bad in ZvZ the only reason EGO was able to win some ZvZs was because of pure numbers.
    The whole deal with GvG/crystals was that 1pg/U12/AM had good GvG teams, U12 had strong NA teams AM had strong EU Team. The other strong Anglia teams were PHRASINGs(NA) and TBI(EU they used MSSJ merc when they stopped paying they made new alliance and took everything from TBI) EGO had no GvG teams they were paying mercs that stoped mercing for EGO once they started the 1pg push in Mercia. The whole point is as long as you have 1 strong GvG team you just gain territory and letting other teams play was just for fun. B team lose a GvG no problem A team shows for counter attack and win back the territory.
    Basicaly a 5 man guild could pretty much control large areas, newer team or lower skilled team is what I was talking about comparing solo q gold team fighting LCS team.
    A teams were pretty much playing 4-5 GvGs per day + scrims while any team trying to compete was barely able to get into any GvGs as the outcome was pretty much known, I've had GvGs against PHRASING team with pug team, also I scrimmed against U12 A team with a pug team of very strong players.
    I've had crystals against Cargera Glist and other GvGers from MG, it was a stomp, I felt like Sohrab getting owned by Cargera as RDPS.
    It gets really expensive for new teams to compete as it is just donating gear, there was a point where when you face A team as a weaker team you just sit tent, and wait for your A team to fight them back.
    HCE were just good EXP with very steep entry like IP requirments for the higher levels was basicaly the top tier.
    I love the HGs the IP cap meant that if you had decent spec you could afford to go with somewhat cheap gear and afford to lose it.
    HGs before the IP cap were again dominated and were content only for the very few top PvP Teams.

@Tuoni said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

@Jetah Not a clone but it is easy to argue that Albion has most similarities with Fractured than any other game which is why so many compares these two with each other.

UO has just as much as Albion but no one compares Fractured to UO. Now I played UO before the split between the PvP/PvE shards.

@Jetah said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

@Tuoni said in Is this a new hyped up Albion or games that fall in that territory?:

UO has just as much as Albion but no one compares Fractured to UO. Now I played UO before the split between the PvP/PvE shards.

Actually some people references Fractured to UO as well but not that often. There is of course few reasons for this, UO could be considered as a grandfarther of Fractured but in other hand kind of old game to compare with as well. In addition, I guess people are averagely more familiar of Albion than UO and that is not a surprise because Albion represents present and UO the past. However, if someone wants to use UO as reference then why not, or any other game if they have similiar mechanics what is planned for Fractured. UO mechanics was quite standard stuff when examined today so there is not much anything special to reference with. Therefore, Albion is still closer of Fractured especially from combat and end-game PvP point of view.

• @AcOrP
    I stopped playing after season 6, so I don't know what happened afterwards.

#HCE: before f2p / hce nerf / RD introduction there were only so many keepers/morganas, so hce was basically the top pve content most of the people could access: repetitive, but most challenging, good fame, good loot, safe. Gear was incredibly expensive indeed (8.3 bolts alone was the equivalent of 1,5years of premium), but I guess people could start with hce1-6.

#HG: 🙂

#small guilds: Agreed, but it proves that in Albion small guilds with competent people could be competitive (especially if they have connections). Regarding u12 I was talking about the part after raccoon-torthur drama when you created your own alliance in W Anglia. I guess that such guilds would succeed in Fractured as well.
    PS: I know u12 had competent gvgers, since they merc'ed for us from time to time 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured