I will be a beastfolk and likely never be seen on the other two offerings. My husband and I will likely be merchant crafters, nomads, and good Samaritans.
What drew me to this offering? Well, it's basically UO in a better engine with actual, bleeding edge tech that is scale-able as well as mod-able.
Actually, what drew me to this offering was a combination of moments:
- CEO Kickstarter that I could have written. Point by point nailed me as "your audience" from the start.
- The pitch has been backed by iterative updates and examples that show me you're not just talk and delayed dates.
- The way that your lead designer nods as your CEO speaks; the way that your CEO listens to the point of forgetting to look at the camera (which means he's verifying his own information and changing it if needed... team strength epic. It comforts me as an investor and a gamer).
- Sitting with my husband and watching the Kickstarter about an hour ago and watching him go through precisely the reaction I had when I started following you (strategic PR splash was en pointe!).
- Getting his enthusiastic permission to spend what we both know is windfall money on this game because it's the only way I'll have it and I MUST HAVE IT. Heh.
You folks are doing more to advance MMO gaming than anyone in the industry right now... it is not without irony that I say your node implementation is a fraction of Fractured (grin) and your only real competitor doesn't seem to understand you've actually done precisely what the market has asked you to do - give each of us the experience we want and let us PAY YOU RICHLY for being wise enough to do so.
So, yeah. I don't really "fan gran" about things, like, ever.... and other people from other places will quickly point you to placed where I am much less sociable.
This game will fail only by effort, I think. Or if they run out of cash. Which I can't imagine, given the partnership with Improbable. I have loved Improbable long time (since they were pitching city management) and was among those who pointed them at gaming... I like seeing tech that's meant to be together finally meet.
I didn't realize when we sat down today to look at the original presentation that there was actually an alpha coming like, tomorrow.
Karma has been kind. I cannot imagine why, but I'm hella happy to be here (as you can see).