Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Daily quests to me have no feeling for a story. Even in SWTOR their events that repeated were fine the first time around. After that it was just a grind to complete everything required to get whatever reward they were giving. I wouldn't have mind if they could have been completed easily enough the first time around and they only appeared again for those who couldn't participate the first time they appeared. I like these story driven events and I love server events. I just don't like when they are near impossible to complete. I also don't really like fetch or bounty missions with no story. I'm sorry but the go kill 100 rats is not something I enjoy.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Tuoni said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

If developers are not going to focus implement quests in general (excluding the religion/alignment based ones) why on earth they would even consider adding something so bad as daily quests? 😉

Because it vastly improves daily logins.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I have nothing against dailies, however, they have to be well tought and feel integrated with the game "environment".
    Take the usual and boring sequence, go to NPC, get asked to kill 100 rats just because NPC is ratophobic, return to the NPC to collect reward. This just feel artificial and boring.
    Something more interesting would be: take the cities context of Fractured, with more people around the city, the amount of trash generated increases, thus the population of rats starts to increase, and deceases start to appear, food storages start to be eaten by the rodents, etc. With all these problem appearing, the game should start to ask players to get rid of trash, help killing some rats to control their population, colect herbs to make medicine, crafters could help make rat traps, etc. All this integrated in the dynamics of the city population daily activities.

I think this kind of integrated dynamics would open the possibility for nice dailies.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

If developers are not going to focus implement quests in general (excluding the religion/alignment based ones) why on earth they would even consider adding something so bad as daily quests? 😉

Fractured already has a more intuitive equivalent to quests, it just doesn't call them that and you don't go find an NPC to start them. Upgrading / expanding your skills is done through exactly the same activities you'd do for a quest (kill this many enemies, go here, do this cheevo, etc.)

@FibS - thanks for clarification. It's true, I'm not experienced w/MMOs - the few I tried weren't much fun for me. DDO was a money-sink full of 12-yr-olds; another open-source game (forget the name) was grindsville. I didn't stick around to learn what was normal for this sort of game, so I appreciate the clue that what I was talking about and what y'all are talking about are two very different things.

Now that I know what y'all are talking about, I can adjust my take:

Creative dailies in large towns, given by NPCs and opening quest-lines to creative cosmetic rewards, seem like a fun option to me as long as they're creative and optional. Folks who hate them should not be penalized for not doing them.

@Gibbx

progression can happen without dailies though. this is a sandbox game and progression should be getting resources, defending your town/city, PvPing the enemy and looting their goods! knowledge already exist and the developers said they didn't like farming, which is what dailies are.

i haven't played eve online recently but when i played the only dailies they had were reputation with mission npc's. but you could predo much of them and keep the items in the hanger and the npc would take it from there to complete it.

I've been without internet at my new apartment so i haven't been on as much and have been forgetting about it when I'm on my phone. so i guess happy vacation from me 😄

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jetah said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

@Gibbx

progression can happen without dailies though. this is a sandbox game and progression should be getting resources, defending your town/city, PvPing the enemy and looting their goods! knowledge already exist and the developers said they didn't like farming, which is what dailies are.

i haven't played eve online recently but when i played the only dailies they had were reputation with mission npc's. but you could predo much of them and keep the items in the hanger and the npc would take it from there to complete it.

I've been without internet at my new apartment so i haven't been on as much and have been forgetting about it when I'm on my phone. so i guess happy vacation from me 😄

Dailies does not have to equal farming, or grind though. It could be as simple as checking in with your local/closest town for a daily ration for being a citizen there (I believe cities have a food/resource requirement so a daily works there as well being it is something people will need to do regardless). Or for just logging in.

The goal of a daily isn't to force people to grind for hours but to get people to login daily. The best dailies are incorporated with normal game play (Why I think city maintenance is a good fit for it). But they could be as simple as logging in.

@Whisper said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

At first it perhaps does but within time it starts to irritate and bore people and have a negative impact. Daily quest are also totally against the nature of sandbox why it would be odd to see those in Fractured. Daily quest are a perfect example of hand holding and how players are pushed to do certain content chosen by the developers.

@FibS said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

Fractured already has a more intuitive equivalent to quests, it just doesn't call them that and you don't go find an NPC to start them. Upgrading / expanding your skills is done through exactly the same activities you'd do for a quest (kill this many enemies, go here, do this cheevo, etc.)

And what the upgrading/expanding skills has to do with daily quests?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I may be wasting my time as you are clearly unable to read and won't care when I repeat this with new wording, but whatever.

Fractured pretends not to have quests / "experience" / "grinding" / "farming", but in actuality it still has all of these things. They are simply not called that and aren't arranged in a single linear progression - they instead follow the modular layout of a job--based RPG paradigm, combined with a collection and familiarity system (Resources / Bestiary.) Thus, your cheeky basis for denying that Fractured would ever have daily quests does not hold water, as other games with all of the same mechanics very well have daily quests.

@FibS said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

I may be wasting my time as you are clearly unable to read and won't care when I repeat this with new wording, but whatever.

Fractured pretends not to have quests / "experience" / "grinding" / "farming", but in actuality it still has all of these things. They are simply not called that and aren't arranged in a single linear progression - they instead follow the modular layout of a job--based RPG paradigm, combined with a collection and familiarity system (Resources / Bestiary.) Thus, your cheeky basis for denying that Fractured would ever have daily quests does not hold water, as other games with all of the same mechanics very well have daily quests.

I may be also wasting my time as you are clearly unable to read or understand that we are talking here about daily quests, not how the skill progression can be compared to questing. So this makes me wonder that do you actually know what daily quest means? You know the difference between regular quest and daily quest?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

At first it perhaps does but within time it starts to irritate and bore people and have a negative impact. Daily quest are also totally against the nature of sandbox why it would be odd to see those in Fractured. Daily quest are a perfect example of hand holding and how players are pushed to do certain content chosen by the developers.

What if they were something simple like checking in with your local town/city for a ration.

Or literally for just logging in for the day?

Literally whenever you need to do something, it starts to feel negatively. Like a job, even when it's something basic like login.

It's psychology. When you tell people they "have to" you are pushing them away.

Game has to strive away from "you have to" as much as possible. Yes, I know you need to play to progress, but avoiding additional "have to" is good. People should just be able to log in and have options. But not defined as "dailies".

"Daily" just feels like something you "have to" do every day, to not be loosing on something. Psichologically.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

Literally whenever you need to do something, it starts to feel negatively. Like a job, even when it's something basic like login.

It's psychology. When you tell people they "have to" you are pushing them away.

Game has to strive away from "you have to" as much as possible. Yes, I know you need to play to progress, but avoiding additional "have to" is good. People should just be able to log in and have options. But not defined as "dailies".

"Daily" just feels like something you "have to" do every day, to not be loosing on something. Psichologically.

What if you didn't need to do them?

• Community Manager

Just an FYI, there are no plans at the moment to implement any kind of daily content. (daily quests, daily login bonuses, etc). You're fine to discuss it of course, but if you're against dailies, you have nothing to worry about right now. 🙂

@Specter - thank you! I'm frankly puzzled by the categorical and tenacious response to a hypothetical abstraction, but testosterone's a funny thing 😉

@Specter said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

Just an FYI, there are no plans at the moment to implement any kind of daily content. (daily quests, daily login bonuses, etc). You're fine to discuss it of course, but if you're against dailies, you have nothing to worry about right now. 🙂

Oh thank god... or Dynymight devs. 😉

However, I would actually be surprised if there would be any.

• Community Manager

Fractured already has plenty of ways to encourage players to log in. Claim upkeep (carpenter), crafting timers, tending the farm, etc. Right now the devs see no reason to implement dailies on top of that.

• i dont really like dailies unless its a daily knowledge boost or something but nothing that rewards items because its all about the player driven

I don't like dailies. Login bonuses are not something I enjoy either. For me it is the journey that matters in a game and not the end goal so better experience the world instead of getting free stuff.

Accidentally voted for another option but can't change 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured