Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

My last thread started getting filled with people who disliked Dailies and I felt like it deserved its own post. And I think we can all agree daily quest that take up a lot of time become cumbersome quickly.

What are some games you think have done them right? What kind of daily quest would you like to see? Or they just an obstacle you would rather not be there?

Personally, I would prefer the daily involved with the city system. Maybe like a system where cities give dailies involving resources around them (Mountain cities asking for mountain resources, forest for forest resources, etc). I think the devs mentioned cities will need to collect food/resources. Maybe the daily could be tied into that system. Like each day the first time you turn in food/gold/whatever resources to the city you also get a daily reward for it (Rewards could be random regent from a different biome, with uncommon rewards of regents from different planets, or whatever).

That way it is something we will already be doing, but it gives us the incentive to login and do it daily. I know no one really likes dailies but I feel they are a necessary evil. I have played many games where I end up with friends who only really log in for the daily/weekly outside of raids/events.

• I think there are several ways to implement dailies that would work for people. I think they can be healthy for a Sandbox MMO to have something predetermined to do, kinda like stretching your legs before a big run.... ๐Ÿƒ

I think tying them into the over all game play is a must, if you are in a town, or own a house a simple task to help maintain maintenance make more sense to me then just kill 10 of X.

The rewards for dailies should be something worth gaining, but yet not a deal breaker for the few who prefer not to partake. Maybe its a simple way to get some gold, or a single random rare resource.

I enjoy daily's that have some randomness to it.. 1 of 10-20 possible tasks that rotate around i think adds to the fun of doing them..

I think if you tie them to a streak system.. like do 30 dailies in a month and get X can be dangerous... no one likes a game that they feel like they HAVE to log into... but at the same time... the idea of the dailies building for something bigger can be part of the fun... so if Fratured goes down that path, I think they should avoid the time constraint and just maybe have 30 dailies give you X.. do them in what ever time you can/want.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

daily quests = "must do" grind = no = hell nooo

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

daily quests = "must do" grind = no = hell nooo

What if they aren't must do? Like if they are a random regent from a different biome or planet. Or just prestige for wherever you are a citizen of? Or random food?

Towns need taverns and so I would like to see tavern quizes to win gold/knowlage/free drinks , drinks may gather rumers or gossip that could lead to fun little quests/player generated quests

Quizes could be about monster weaknesses or best way to grow harvest crops whatever is learnร ble information in game

Players create quests for other players by leaving treasure or tidbits of knowlage maybe how to learn a spell or how to turn in to a lich give infomation hints to the bartender who will set you in the direction of said "quest" after buying a few drinks

I want that my daily activities are not tight to something I do not want to do but I have to if I do not want to fall behind the curve. Daily quest systems also gets boring quite fast because the continuing repetitive mentality. Sure there will be daily activities in certain areas of Fractured as well but I hope those are still something which are based on player's choise, e.g. farming crops in my estate. If a game offers different kind of activities to do and goals to achieve that is enough and there is no need to force players to do something specific.

I will next use myself as an example here even I am not sure if I am the best example as kind of overall/all around MMORPG player. My weekly activities will consist of gathering, crafting, trading, PvE content (solo&group), building (my house and near by town) and OWPvP action. There is enough activities to do without need of daily forcing from developers behalfs. I just want as much freedom as possible what it comes to my daily playtime management. Imo sandbox games are also more about the freedom rather than holding hands in daily basis.

I prefer daily quests being login bonuses lol.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Do not use dailies. Use intuitive repeatables

• NOT intuitive: You must go to a specific place and talk to a specific NPC to explicitly get a quest. The quest is to gather 100 rat tails. No rats you have killed before taking the quest count. Not every rat drops a tail. You must return to this specific NPC to turn the quest in. Regardless how long you wait after taking it, whenever you turn it in, you have to wait for the next server midnight to take the quest again.
    • Intuitive: Right from the start of the game, all rats drop rat tails which do not count against inventory space. The drop rate is 100%. You can take rat tails to a specific NPC who hates rats and/or oversees their extermination to get a reward per rat tail. You can turn in 100. You can turn in 20. You can turn in 7. Any number is fine, and you never take nor turn in any quest at all.

fuck dailies.

that's my opinion. this is a sandbox game and this shouldn't be a job.

@Jetah said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

fuck dailies.

^

Sandbox and dailies do not go together. Either you have a theme park (and dailies), or you have sandbox, and you make your own content.

People should start to understand what "sandbox" means.

If a kid comes to play in sand, but half of place is made of plastic, and then parents give kid a bucket of sand and tell him, hey you can use this sand here here and there... that's NOT a sandbox.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

fuck dailies.

^

Sandbox and dailies do not go together. Either you have a theme park (and dailies), or you have sandbox, and you make your own content.

People should start to understand what "sandbox" means.

If a kid comes to play in sand, but half of place is made of plastic, and then parents give kid a bucket of sand and tell him, hey you can use this sand here here and there... that's NOT a sandbox.

I don't think I have seen one sandbox that was completely empty in real life. They almost always have toys in it. Some have tools that stay there in it (Buckets, molds, slides, etc). Some have both. The only time I have seen sandboxes in real life that were empty is when they were just put together.

Wow this sure did evoke some strong opinions! Good thing to have that out where we can all see the extreme difference of opinions about something I've always felt pretty neutral about in the games I've played.

For me, the dailies in my current games aren't 'grind', they're opportunities to get little rewards. I can use those opportunities if I wish to, and there's no penalty for not doing them so <shrug> nbd.

The rat-tail quest doesn't sound like a daily to me. It sounds like a Quest. Dailies in the games I'm playing are, for the most part, thresholds to reach on stuff you were probably going to do anyway.
    e.g., in Rise of Kingdoms (RTS mobile game) I get rewards every day for gathering x-amount of resources used for building. I don't always need resources, but it's something I can do while I'm not online and get a reward for later.

In Gems of War (match3+card fight mobile game) the dailies are easy puzzle/matches with needed supplies as bait. Sometimes I do them sometimes I have other stuff I wanna do.

In Fractured, dailies that would seem appropriate and fit my conception might be 'Add Knowledge to your book' or 'Help another player build something' (whether a campfire or a house). In a city or guild context, making any kind of contribution to the whole....

my 2 lire ๐Ÿคท ๐Ÿ––

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@PeachMcD said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

The rat-tail quest doesn't sound like a daily to me. It sounds like a Quest.

Yes, a daily quest. A daily quest is literally a quest, taken from an NPC or other trigger entity like any other quest, that you can do roughly once per 24h. All modern adventure-type MMOs do daily quests this way, following the trend of WoW. They are usually the gateway for otherwise unobtainable rewards - for instance, doing goblin-slaying dailies may unlock goblin-themed cosmetics.

Non-adventure games (e.g. mobile gacha games) have daily activities that are not quests in the traditional sense as you do not go get them from an NPC like you do with quests. These games tend to be considerably more streamlined, so they semi-intelligently pick and choose dailies that reflect what "progress" means in the game, such as "upgrade your weapons 3 times" or "do the daily dungeon".

As an open-world game, Fractured would likely lean more towards traditional daily quests and less towards gacha-style mini-achievements. The two examples you gave sound utterly bizarre and unintuitive to me as a player of non-mobile MMOs.

• As I said in the other thread, I don't want dailies, but I wouldn't mind seasonal or monthly quest(lines), especially if they are about in-game holidays and the rewards are mostly cosmetic. This reply comes from a person who can play 0-3h on weekdays, and considerably more on weekends.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

But I don't feel like daileys match the theme and feel of Fractured as I see and feel it. Bit too skinner box, not enough emergent gameplay.

Doesn't really bother me though, I can always ignore them. No biggie.

fuck dailies.

All MMOs become jobs eventually if you are willing to let them. Your progression is directly tied to the amount of time you invest in game. If you want to 'keep up' your going to have to be willing to go to work everyday. its just a matter of whether you are self employed (no dailies) or work for the man (dailies). Either way you are still going to have to put in the time.

Well dang I got sucked into responding to @Jetah again. Oh well I guess I deserve whatever I get. waits quietly for the inevitable

@Gibbx said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

Well dang I got sucked into responding to @Jetah again. Oh well I guess I deserve whatever I get. waits quietly for the inevitable

Lmao he loves arguing

If developers are not going to focus implement quests in general (excluding the religion/alignment based ones) why on earth they would even consider adding something so bad as daily quests? ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Tuoni said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

If developers are not going to focus implement quests in general (excluding the religion/alignment based ones) why on earth they would even consider adding something so bad as daily quests? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Basically, this. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured