Alpha 2 - Test 2 Launch Day Revealed

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Prometheus said in Alpha 2 - Test 2 Launch Day Revealed:

@Logain said in Alpha 2 - Test 2 Launch Day Revealed:

When you're in a party, do all members of the party get 'full' credit to the knowledge tree (unlock and knowledge points), or is it 'shared' to some degree, or only the one finishing the creature?
    When you're in stealth and are close to a group of others, do you take highest perception, a sum of perception, or something different to determine the 'counter'?

To get knowledge from a monster you need to deal enough damage to get "loot rights" as if you weren't member of a party. It's never been "only the one finishing the creature" anyway 🙂

Can you please reconsider this and grant at least partial knowledge gain to the party members who have "tapped" the mob? The last alpha I played with three friends; we had two casters, an assassin, and a utility guy who had lots of slows/roots/stuns. It was very frustrating for everyone to try and get knowledge. The casters would have to stop dps at like 40% health and wait for the other two to kill them...only to find out that they still did too much dps and not everyone got knowledge. Either high damage dealers have to stop fighting, which doesn't feel good, or the more utility specs don't get knowledge, which feels worse because EVERYONE in the group feels bad about it.

We were hopeful that the party system would fix this, it appears it won't be. Can you let us know what the benefits of forming a party would be if it's not giving Quality-of-Life changes to knowledge grinding?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Can't wait until I get to build some of the new housing blue prints!

• Hello there, is there any embargo or can I consider myself free to stream this alpha on Twitch without problems?

• Wiki Editor

@BenWolfers said in Alpha 2 - Test 2 Launch Day Revealed:

Hello there, is there any embargo or can I consider myself free to stream this alpha on Twitch without problems?

Der is no NDA since Alpha started.
    So feel free to talk about, stream, review as much you want. 🙂

• @Kralith 😍 great news, thank you for the reply!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

''a minimum of 2 weeks'' , to a maximum of?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Regarding the statement "Client download will be made available soon before the test begins." , in the past, was that a few hours before? I only ask as we're within 24 hours of the start, and there is apparently no client download yet?

Or if there is a client download, and we have purchased the Legends Founder Pack, is there a particular place, link, or area of the site that would contain the link, or will we receive an email with the details?

• Community Manager

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx Probably a few hours before the start. The download doesn't take too long.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Specter said in Alpha 2 - Test 2 Launch Day Revealed:

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx Probably a few hours before the start. The download doesn't take too long.

Speak for yourself. My internet has been even worse than usual lately, and with everything closed because of Heinekenvirus, I don't see a fix for it. I'm getting about 1/5 the speeds I'm paying for every month for downloads. So yeah, being able to get started downloading sooner than later would be nice!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I think you got the 10am ET start time wrong for the US at least. 4pm CET should be 11am? We started daylight saving time early.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Well it looks like Fractured now has my undivided attention.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

where i can download the game?? i am an alpha 2 founder

• Wiki Editor

@Eigus You can't yet, since the page is still inactive.
    We will get an Announcement here, once it is available.
    Should be this page, where you get your Download later https://fracturedmmo.com/play/

@Specter the page still shows "There has been a critical error on your website." 😉

• really nice guys, i'm in hype for play this fantastic game! ❤

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

We're almost in boiiss, hoping for a smooth Alpha 2 Test 2 launch!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Got the installer from https://fracturedmmo.com/play/ after logging in, installer installed (crashed, but continued)

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	FracturedLauncher.exe
      Application Version:	1.5.0.0
      Application Timestamp:	5d5d19ef
      Fault Module Name:	FracturedLauncher.exe
      Fault Module Version:	1.5.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:	5d5d19ef
      Exception Code:	40000015
      Exception Offset:	0000000000bd1e3f
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	9fac
      Additional Information 2:	9fac743dc2deacf2eeb0372894d2b0a5
      Additional Information 3:	0234
      Additional Information 4:	0234ca347ecaaecff55a51bf3a48b966

--
    Installer is now continuing:
    49050199-b134-41db-92a7-4e22a3a5eccb-image.png
    at around half my max download rate, but it'll be done soon enough. Looks good so far.

• time keeps pushing back 30 mins have been up since 8 ET.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Debug output from persistent launcher crash:

[2224] Starting the launcher.
    [2224] Setting apllication window parameters.
    [2224] Setting network proxy parameters
    [2224] Starting Launcher thread
    [2224] Starting launcher, version:  "1.5.0"
    [2224] Showing main window.
    [2224] Setting launcher window position.
    [2224] Starting launcher worker.
    [2224] Starting application loop.
    [2224] Initializing
    [2224] Resolving data.
    [2224] Loading data from resource.
    [2224] Loading launcher data from resource of id  3151  and type  10  from file  "C:/Program Files/Fractured/FracturedLauncher.exe"
    [2224] Cannot extract resource.
    [2224] Loading data from file.
    [2224] Loading launcher data from file  "C:/Program Files/Fractured/launcher.dat"
    [2224] Getting the patcher secret for app  "e6b5fffbec5c20355b1d1bee48aedb47"
    [2224] Executing GET  "1/apps/e6b5fffbec5c20355b1d1bee48aedb47"
    [2224] Downloading from  "https://api2.patchkit.net/1/apps/e6b5fffbec5c20355b1d1bee48aedb47"  with timeout  10000
    [2224] Initializing path.
    [2224] Path set to  "C:/Program Files/Fractured"
    [2224] Permissions error:  InsufficientPermissions: Launcher needs the current directory to be writable
    [3176] Starting the launcher.
    [3176] Setting apllication window parameters.
    [3176] Setting network proxy parameters
    [3176] Starting Launcher thread
    [3176] Starting launcher, version:  "1.5.0"
    [3176] Showing main window.
    [3176] Setting launcher window position.
    [3176] Starting launcher worker.
    [3176] Starting application loop.
    [3176] Initializing
    [3176] Resolving data.
    [3176] Loading data from resource.
    [3176] Loading launcher data from resource of id  3151  and type  10  from file  "C:/Program Files/Fractured/FracturedLauncher.exe"
    [3176] Cannot extract resource.
    [3176] Loading data from file.
    [3176] Loading launcher data from file  "C:/Program Files/Fractured/launcher.dat"
    [3176] Getting the patcher secret for app  "e6b5fffbec5c20355b1d1bee48aedb47"
    [3176] Executing GET  "1/apps/e6b5fffbec5c20355b1d1bee48aedb47"
    [3176] Downloading from  "https://api2.patchkit.net/1/apps/e6b5fffbec5c20355b1d1bee48aedb47"  with timeout  10000
    [3176] Initializing path.
    [3176] Path set to  "C:/Program Files/Fractured"
    [3176] Initialzing logger

--
    Looks like the installer doesn't change the install directory to be writable, and/or the administrator required permissions aren't required at launch and/or don't produce an error and it has to request them after it starts.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@r6G4596Y7G9AwD0TzJTxFSZx that's not the right thread for that stuff btw, please do that here https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/category/50/bug-reports

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured