How big should guilds allowed to be?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Razvan Word! That would be nice!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Here is another question: How big should the thread about how big guilds should be allowed to be be allowed to be?

@Razvan because they messed up their game, chestlogs for example weren't even in the game as it went live, all QoL things took really long to get fleshed out and be easy to use, most things weren't even in at release or not good usable beside of taxes and islands. But mostly i'm mad about them because they delivered a other game than they promised when i buyed in ๐Ÿ™‚

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Gibbx 2

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Games naturally change during their development and release. I do not think albion became some drastically different game. Albion has good elements to draw from. Albion didn't have enough to hold me, but I did follow its development.

Fractured will likely change over time as well. Holding devs to every single promise and desire during development is extremely detrimental to the game in general. I'm sure I'm guilty of trying to do so haha

I have seen some MMO's where Guild's were capped at 400. This however hurts as guild leaders often kick inactive members. Often Inactives are military types sent overseas or people with just real life problems and putting a cap on guilds can have this sort of trickle down effect.

If you had to cap it then I'd do so at maybe 1000. This is however only if it "HAS" To be done at all.

@VyrVandalous

i still think 1k is too big. i'm all for guild perks and/or knowledge to expand starting cap.

I'm basically against any guild "levelup" / perk system and i'll tell you why.

Take for example Allods Online. Took ages to level up your guild, and guild level brings benefits. After a while few guilds stand out and everyone and his mother wants to be in those guilds because in other guilds you have not perks or you have to spend ages to get them.

Few leveled up guilds slowly take monopoly, because they are able to choose "best players around", and buy them out with "perks", while "low level" or fresh guilds struggle even more with recruitment, and only get fresh players because veterans don't want to go to fresh perk-less guilds.

It's just not good. I have bad experiences with it.

I can see leveling guilds for cosmetic addons. Flags for their guildhall, tabards for their members etc...SWTOR had a similar system. I'm against anything other than cosmetic.

@Farlander said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

I can see leveling guilds for cosmetic addons. Flags for their guildhall, tabards for their members etc...SWTOR had a similar system. I'm against anything other than cosmetic.

Cosmetics could be cool like bigger castles cooler guild armour a guild dungeon or your guild runs a city or even a guild castle lots of cool cosmetics

• Yep, no problem with anything except passive advantage in fight which would force you to join guild. Game stating "go guild or go home" is unfair. And even if such system would make it into the game, everyone and their mom would join whatever guild just for passive effects, but if everyone has it, noone has ๐Ÿ˜› So please donยดt.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

There shouldn't be restrictions on guild sizes or alliances as long as guilds are done correctly. Besides even if you said there could only be 10 people in a guild, its not hard to get a bunch of people in discord. Theres no difference when theres is 50 people in sets of 10 or 50 people in one set if all 50 people know they are working together. They literally only be separated by the guild name at that point.

@WhiteLotus well there is a big difference, and thats called friendly fire. So since this is a full loot PvP game we wouldn't have such zergs like in albion for example if the groups (max of 20 atm) are split up in several guilds, so to work together there is much more discipline and tactics/communication needed than in a mindless zerg from a big alliance or guild because there just the sheer amount of people really matters.

If there would be friendly fire it would have to be planet based, and not faction based.

If for example FF is turned on for evil faction, but disabled for good faction, then good faction can create zergs and be OP compared to evil faction.

So if there is FF, it could for example be by default OFF for everyone on Arboreus (so PvE players can play in peace there, not bothered they will hit anyone else). If evil players venture there, it would be off for them too (the little time they can stay there).

FF could be ON by default for everyone on Tartaros. So even if good players venture there, they should be careful and organized because they can hit each other (unless in same party).

Syndesia could have zone rules. Whichever guild rules the zone, they decide if FF is ON or OFF for everyone in their zone!

FF could then be ignored inside raid groups and parties (guildies not in parties can hit each other), but otherwise go according to planet / zone general rules. So for example, 2 guild mates on Tartaros, or in Syndesia zones where such rule is set by ruling guild, would hit each other even if they are in same guild, unless they join same party to be protected.

Guilds could then be limitless, and party / raid max size would determine how many people can travel around safe from each other. (Yes you should be careful when traveling in PUGs!! But having a need for care is good!)

And GvG for control of Syndesia would get a little more importance to it. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Gothix we wont have a general FF system inside of parties/guilds because of the crime system, devs stated that already

@Shivashanti said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

@Gothix we wont have a general FF system inside of parties/guilds because of the crime system, devs stated that already

Im just writing about possibilities.

And who knows what all can change during development. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The problem I saw with friendly fire within guilds in UO was someone joining the guild with the sole intention of killing everyone they could before being booted.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Farlander

The good thing about friendly fire would mean you can just kill them right back. I do not really see that as being an issue.

Not having friendly fire has always seemed artificial to me, makes no sense haha

@Pluto said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

@Farlander

The good thing about friendly fire would mean you can just kill them right back. I do not really see that as being an issue.

Not having friendly fire has always seemed artificial to me, makes no sense haha

true! i hope FF will be on...

• @Pluto said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

On the other hand, if you are a new player who does a stupid mistake, word goes by that you're a spy and entire guilds will blacklist you.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured