Knowledge System Account Wide

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I realize that having the knowledge system account wide circumvents some of the ideas that it will be harder when your character is the opposite alignment when traveling opposed lands. With that said SWTOR had a legacy system similar where you obtained achievements that worked account wide. There is really is no advantage to any one character obtaining all the knowledge of every character it just saves time from having to redo the many things you already did on one character to get those knowledge bonuses.

Anyway that's my two cents on this topic 🙂

i dont think it'll happen at release. if the game has to swap to f2p then it may.

but it could work to get people to try out other planets/races.

the only problem I can see is once the locations and methods of learning knowledge are out then it'll be create the 1 human, 1 demon, 1 beast to get what you need then get off the planet you hate the most.

@Farlander said in Knowledge System Account Wide:

I realize that having the knowledge system account wide circumvents some of the ideas that it will be harder when your character is the opposite alignment when traveling opposed lands. With that said SWTOR had a legacy system similar where you obtained achievements that worked account wide. There is really is no advantage to any one character obtaining all the knowledge of every character it just saves time from having to redo the many things you already did on one character to get those knowledge bonuses.

As the development of your character is based on the knowledge system and there are no quests in this game, you basically asking to just be able to create a character at "max" level then. With all the skills available and as far as I understand, the talents (for example +3 to Intellect earned in the knowledge system) you choose on your first character, so those needs to be able to reset as well, as most likely you might want +3 strength as for an example.

Even fishing and crafting will give you nothing else then resources and no more knowledge. The gameplay will then only be gathering resources and PvP (and "limited" PvE dungeon, not sure how big and challenging this one is going to be).

I do understand the idea of not having to repeat certain things, but this takes away much core features out of gameplay and quite boring imho

hmmm not just 3 planets split apart from one but 3 souls split apart from one. One portion on each planet, unknown to each other but somehow knowing what the other learns... interesting. What if they met?

I dont remember which MMO it was. But when you played an alt, and your main already had this learned, you got bonus learning speed on your alt for that particular thing.

Your alt still had to learn it but was able to do it faster.

@Farlander said in Knowledge System Account Wide:

This could actually work in some cases. Meaning eveything should not be account wide, but something really could, just to avoid pure grind.

• Wiki Editor

I think it should be separated by each character.
    If you start an Alt, you need to learn all stuff again, is in my opinion the best way to design a game, to hold the people on playing.

I also throw in the concerns, if all Characters share house and experiences, you will probably not able to play another race. Means, if you chose Beastmen you will not be able this way to make a Demon, since the Demon is bound on the Home of the Main Character.
    I believe Prometheus still answered this somehwere, but not sure anymore.

But lets think you will be able to make a Beastmen and a Demon and both share Knowledge, you don't have any need for your Beastmen to go to Tartaros and bring yourself in danger, because your Demon Alt can discover all these Knowledge thats just available there.
    That would not make any sense and would take off much of the gaming fun you could have, because you just can switch Alts and do it the easy way.
    I don't believe, that Dynamight want to implement it this way.

@Kralith said in Knowledge System Account Wide:

Means, if you chose Beastmen you will not be able this way to make a Demon, since the Demon is bound on the Home of the Main Character.

You will be able to make one house on every planet. For the rest, I totally agree with you

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah said in Knowledge System Account Wide:

i dont think it'll happen at release. if the game has to swap to f2p then it may.

but it could work to get people to try out other planets/races.

the only problem I can see is once the locations and methods of learning knowledge are out then it'll be create the 1 human, 1 demon, 1 beast to get what you need then get off the planet you hate the most.

I do not see that as an entirely bad thing... As you say it gets people to try out the various planets. People could end up finding a planet they actually enjoy, when they would not have put as much effort into it otherwise. For example, I do not really plan on rolling with a beastman. Perhaps I would actually enjoy it, but it will be a low priority for me to try them out.

@Pluto

if they did a reduced amount passed to alts then it wouldn't be that bad but a one to one would be bad.

• If they did this everyone would have a bunch of alts - they would have an efficient pve character and then all sorts of niche characters that are usually very hard to level up (for example single target high mobility ganker). Do you want everyone to have a free efficient ganking character that otherwise would be very hard to level up? I wouldn't.

@Razvan said in Knowledge System Account Wide:

If they did this everyone would have a bunch of alts - they would have an efficient pve character and then all sorts of niche characters that are usually very hard to level up (for example single target high mobility ganker). Do you want everyone to have a free efficient ganking character that otherwise would be very hard to level up? I wouldn't.

not sure about the level up thing, everyone is the same strength and you can swap builds as you want as long as you are at a camp fire

having account wide knowledge system wouldn't effect things like that, but it would make getting demon knowledge ,easy if your a beastman visa versa

@Razvan said in Knowledge System Account Wide:

If they did this everyone would have a bunch of alts - they would have an efficient pve character and then all sorts of niche characters that are usually very hard to level up (for example single target high mobility ganker). Do you want everyone to have a free efficient ganking character that otherwise would be very hard to level up? I wouldn't.

once the methods of unlocking knowledge is found and posted, people will do that anyways. alts are more efficient to have at certain locations than trying to put your main everywhere.

Since the argument all along is there is no leveling and knowledge doesn't cause characters to be more powerful but only more specialized then how is having the knowledge system unlocked by all your characters on your account game breaking? To me it leaves a player trying to play alts more time to actually enjoy the game rather than chasing knowledge markers.

well if you could farm your knowledge points and skills in the safe planet and use it with the demon on the very risky planet, that's kinda game breaking imo

• @Jetah you still have to go there and actually do the thing with a character that isn't very good at it

@Farlander some skills are better than others and obviously a toon with access to a full build is stronger than a character with only half the skills needed unlocked

• This post is deleted!

@Shivashanti
    some knowledge will be specific to certain areas. you'll need a demon/beast alt to get into the areas that are karma restricted.
    as previously mentioned knowledge doesn't make you more powerful just more versatile.

@Razvan
    but you'll get the knowledge faster by knowing ahead of time. you can join a guild/alliance that can help you get that safely. you could wake up early and get your demon knowledge at retaliative safe times.

• @Jetah This can be said about any game. For example, in post-f2p Albion you could join squad and 400 a build in hotf/poe in no time. Even so, most of the people I saw at zvz were not even close to that. Knowing how to powerlevel still takes effort which most people are not willing to do.

@Razvan

but we're assuming that knowledge is static. unless it's a random chance from killing mobs or something then people will note how they got their knowledge and it'll be easier than "omg how do i get this specific knowledge.. well i better just play the game until i get it". it'll be more like "oh, i need to kill this shaman until it drops. then i need to kill this toad till it drops, etc".

if knowledge was specific to a character to unlock then a database on how to unlock knowledge would be useless.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured